+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Check

Simran9524

Mar 14, 2020
I received this email from RCMP today. Not sure if u received something similar when u emailed them -

Due to measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are currently experiencing service delays. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Further to your request for a civil criminal record verification for: Landed immigrant status

Please be advised that, according to our records, the application in question was received in our system on: 2021-03-26

We are unable to provide specific dates as to when the verification will be completed. Once we complete our search, the results will be mailed to the address indicated in your electronic submission.
Yes, I also received this email. You need to tell them the whole story and deadline from IRCC.

k_malani

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
The court letter didn’t say that clearly but it has all the details that need to be known. I still have my fingerprints at local police and have put down a request for destroying it.

I had a virtual hearing at the court and the crown did mention charges withdrawn and peace bond to be maintained for a year.

The charges are withdrawn for sure and probably it’s just taking time to update on RCMP side.

normal processing is around 5 to 7 business days for RCMP check. But if it is complicated it can take up to 2 to 3 weeks. Also canada post is a part that can cause delays or sometimes they misplace while delivering to us.
Did they say that charges will be withdrawn after the peace bond is over or the charges will be withdrawn right away?
Yes, I also received this email. You need to tell them the whole story and deadline from IRCC.
Whole story as in about the withdrawn charge and court case and all?

Simran9524

Mar 14, 2020
Did they say that charges will be withdrawn after the peace bond is over or the charges will be withdrawn right away?

Whole story as in about the withdrawn charge and court case and all?
No, they already have all the records and info as they have your fingerprints. So, you just need to request them to make the process early so you can meet your IRCC deadline.

k_malani

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
No, they already have all the records and info as they have your fingerprints. So, you just need to request them to make the process early so you can meet your IRCC deadline.
I sent them an email yesterday asking to expedite the process if possible and received this reply today -

"Please note at this time the RCMP does not offer expedited services. All applications are processed in the order they are received and all the product are mailed by regular post. There are no exceptions to this rule."

I guess I will just have to wait at this point.

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I sent them an email yesterday asking to expedite the process if possible and received this reply today -

"Please note at this time the RCMP does not offer expedited services. All applications are processed in the order they are received and all the product are mailed by regular post. There are no exceptions to this rule."

I guess I will just have to wait at this point.
hi did you got your rcmp ?

FA94

Aug 2, 2023
Can anyone on this thread provide a timeline in receiving their RCMP check? Please and thank you!

FA94

Aug 2, 2023
Anyone that had a positive match but withdrawn charges? How long did it take for you? Please respond. Thank you!

Sujia

Jul 11, 2023
Anyone that had a positive match but withdrawn charges? How long did it take for you? Please respond. Thank you!
Could you provide me with further details regarding your situation? It's important to note that withdraw charge is distinct from dismiss. Please share more about your case.

FA94

Aug 2, 2023
Hi Suija,
I’m just curious to know how long it took to get your RCMP check in the mail? Can you please provide your timeline? Thank you

Sujia

Jul 11, 2023
Could you please help to share what is your RCMP result? your case is withdraw charge instead of dismiss? a peacebond?

Sujia

Jul 11, 2023
Did the court document says - charge withdrawn?
I can't say for sure what will happen because I'm in the same situation. I got my charges withdrawn last month via peace bond and going to counseling right now. I have applied for RCMP but haven't received anything yet after 2 weeks. Some users have suggested that it should come up as charges stayed or withdrawn in the RCMP letter. I'm not sure why yours said charges waiting for disposition.

Mind if I ask you how much you had to wait to receive RCMP certificate?
Could you please help to share what is your RCMP result? your case is withdraw charge instead of dismiss? a peacebond?