+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP and FOSS clearance expired

rampager

May 19, 2011
I recently got a Notice to Prepare for Citizenship in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I have a noticed a number of people on this forum getting test dates, which seems like a good sign. I still haven't got a test date and the call center says nothing is happening yet on my case. In my GCMS notes, I noticed my FOSS and RCMP clearances have an expiry of 12/17/13, which means that my clearances expired last year. Is this holding up my application? The notice explicitly states that the test will occur if my clearances are complete.

How long do these take to process/become valid? I didn't have to submit FP or records of my own, and everything was done internally by the CIC.

Thanks.

Rcitizenship

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Parents Sponsorship no dependents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
July2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2015
File Transfer...
3rd Nov 2015
Med's Request
3rd Nov 2015
Med's Done....
9th Nov 2015
Interview........
Hope not .....
Passport Req..
Awaiting......:(
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi, Did you get ur test scheduled? I missed my test in Jan 2014 and still waiting for a test date and recently i requested GCMS notes and saw that FOSS and RCMP clearance is going to expire in a week. Please suggest what was ur experience?
rampager said:
I recently got a Notice to Prepare for Citizenship in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I have a noticed a number of people on this forum getting test dates, which seems like a good sign. I still haven't got a test date and the call center says nothing is happening yet on my case. In my GCMS notes, I noticed my FOSS and RCMP clearances have an expiry of 12/17/13, which means that my clearances expired last year. Is this holding up my application? The notice explicitly states that the test will occur if my clearances are complete.

How long do these take to process/become valid? I didn't have to submit FP or records of my own, and everything was done internally by the CIC.

Thanks.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rcitizenship said:
Hi, Did you get ur test scheduled? I missed my test in Jan 2014 and still waiting for a test date and recently i requested GCMS notes and saw that FOSS and RCMP clearance is going to expire in a week. Please suggest what was ur experience?
??? did you ask for your test to be rescheduled and was there a legitimate reason that you missed it? it wasn't a final test notice was it? CIC can administratively close your citizenship application if you miss an exam and do NOT contact them within 30 days.

janoo

May 16, 2014
you go and do your test foss/rcmp clearance is the responsibility of CIC to
carry out just pass the test/interview and hope for the oath if you have
completed 1095 days and you have sufficient evidence ..

wish you all the best of luck...