+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
siriusnick said:
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian/world university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.

Now what? Visa expires, they will lose their job, can no longer afford the mortgage and lose the house, a life is torn apart.
What they have contributed by staying 6+ years in Canada? 200k+ in tuition, paying tax and contribute to the economy, blended perfectly in Canada, young and promising labors Canada is desperately needs.

Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ ranked third world college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.
I think (IMO) the fairest thing would be to allow any work experience (NOC O, A & B) gained while on a study permit count towards Canada experience for CEC. Then those who have found a good job while being a student get the recognition, and if you only worked at Tim Horton's selling bagels then a FSW from overseas will still likely have better points.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
siriusnick said:
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian/world university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.

Now what? Visa expires, they will lose their job, can no longer afford the mortgage and lose the house, a life is torn apart.
What they have contributed by staying 6+ years in Canada? 200k+ in tuition, paying tax and contribute to the economy, blended perfectly in Canada, young and promising labors Canada is desperately needs.

Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ ranked third world college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.
Totally agree.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Eventually, there'll be an arrest warrant issued for you if you don't leave Canada by the date on your study permit (yes you have a "Must leave Canada by" date). How's that for a point?

When the handcuffs are slammed on you and you're processed for deportation, mortgages and homes will be the last thing on your mind.

Anyone who tells you that you won't be deported because RBC gave you a loan is simply out of touch with reality. Illegal people are deported every day and the government couldn't care less what they own. Canada Border Services conducts work place raids and will execute immigration arrest warrants. If you don't leave, you'll either get arrested or you'll be living under a bridge with the homeless, never mind your job or house.

Time to stop what you're smoking and get real. This country has laws and they're enforced. That's how the western world works .... generally.
Who told you that having a mortgage or car loan will let us stay here indefinitely? Looks like you are arguing with your straw man.

Btw, I think most of use here are talking about former international students AKA CEC applicants, not current international students. Being CEC applicants means we are already have a stable, legit jobs belong to NOC 0, A or B, not low paying labor jobs, and we are paying income taxes like every working Canadians here. If that doesn't mean contribution to Canadian economy, then I don't know what do you want more from us.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Six years here,
Have a Canadian born kid (Waiting for the second),
Got PhD here,
Started a company with my supervisor,
Prepared a proposal for Canadian space agency (CSA) and won the contract of 800k (CSA had two previous calls and no good proposals were coming even from big Canadian space companies)
My supervisor did anything to help me

However every day and night should have nightmares on this shit!!
I am wondering who they are looking for?
Should I leave Canada and raise my kids in a very different culture and send them back???

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
They are looking for chefs and line cooks I guess. Basically anyone in food industry?

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2016-04-26/canadian-immigration-food-workers-best-chance-of-express-entry

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
raven00090 said:
They are looking for chefs and line cooks I guess. Basically anyone in food industry?

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2016-04-26/canadian-immigration-food-workers-best-chance-of-express-entry
I have a barbecue!
They can give me 600 points!!

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Maybe write that in the letter of explanation to the VO and attach pictures of it in your application ;)

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
raven00090 said:
Maybe write that in the letter of explanation to the VO and attach pictures of it in your application ;)
Their system is so stupid, I think it may actually work!! ::)

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
MH_A said:
Six years here,
Have a Canadian born kid (Waiting for the second),
Got PhD here,
Started a company with my supervisor,
Prepared a proposal for Canadian space agency (CSA) and won the contract of 800k (CSA had two previous calls and no good proposals were coming even from big Canadian space companies)
My supervisor did anything to help me

However every day and night should have nightmares on this *censored word*!!
I am wondering who they are looking for?
Should I leave Canada and raise my kids in a very different culture and send them back???

Surely with all your background there must be a route in? If not then we're all screwed!
A lot of the universities already have LMIA exemption in place for scientists. I know SINP consider anything over - oh gosh, can't remember if he said 2 or 3 years now (it was the SINP immigration manager he came to our Uni for a talk) - as being 'permanent' - he did talk about post-doc positions as being "study" though :-X

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
JALT said:
Surely with all your background there must be a route in? If not then we're all screwed!
A lot of the universities already have LMIA exemption in place for scientists. I know SINP consider anything over - oh gosh, can't remember if he said 2 or 3 years now (it was the SINP immigration manager he came to our Uni for a talk) - as being 'permanent' - he did talk about post-doc positions as being "study" though :-X
The problem is that I lost almost 40 points because I am married (although I have Canadian kid).
After getting ECA for my wife and having IELTS test for my wife we got 18 points and we got CRS of 470, but it is not enough. I still lose 22 points because I am married.
My supervisor got LMIA for me, but according to university rules, they cannot offer me permanent job because my position is fund-based.
I applied for provincial nominee and almost got rejected. During the last year I was postdoc and did not have CPP and EI deducted from my paycheck. The officer talked to me and said they do not consider my postdoc as a job. I was about to collapse because they did not say it anywhere in their website and I was thinking that by staying at university I just wasted my time and burned my opportunities. (I stayed because of our company)
Then I told the officer that we have a company and I am going to move there, but she said I will get rejected if I work in a company that I own a share of it. Basically they are not looking for entrepreneurs, the want workers!

At the end, I am really thinking to give up the company and CSA project and go work for a well-established company. I worked very hard for the CSA project and I am the project manager who manages the schedule, financing and doing some technical works. I would not care about CSA project and what would happen to it. This is a mess created by government of Canada!

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
JALT said:
And yet, some s-h-i-t-head people compare international students with blah and blah (see the first page in this thread)!!!

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
And yet, some s-h-i-t-head people compare international students with blah and blah (see the first page in this thread)!!!
You mean bashing on international students? You mean people like marcus there?

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
raven00090 said:
You mean bashing on international students? You mean people like marcus there?
Yeah, I saw many of these posts in different threads, I meant that one in this thread.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Yeah, I saw many of these posts in different threads, I meant that one in this thread.
Yeah, it's a mindset really. Not a good one but it exists, and at the end of the day means nothing because they are all just opinions and have no bearing on reality.

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
You are talking about Canadian immigration system f***ed up. I'm in US for last 8 years and i have to leave now, because there are not a single program that i can apply or get h1b or whatever to stay here.

I see Canadian government wants smart people with experience, but not long enough they realized that they can bash money from international students. In either way we are all in one pool, some of us are more lucky with higher CRS, some not, let stay cool and calm and wait what is going to happen in next couple of month. ;)