+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - STEM Draw

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023
I was 466 CRS back when the last cutoff was 467. I assumed that lifting my CRS was the best thing I could do. Draws were paused, ITAs were >500 CRS. But since I assumed otherwise, I learned french and was at 500+ CRS. Do the same. Don't assume anything's going to be easy. Prepare for the worst case scenario. Expand your options so that you can get "lucky". Not doing anything will on reduce your options.
May I know how long it took for you to learn French and what course did you follow ?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
agreed. but for french clb should be 7 even if the test is secondary. how did you learn so fast ?
I reached CLB7 in over ~1.5 years. But I was very busy and only spent an hour per day(and travelled extensively for work). So, mine wasn't fast. I missed my ITA at the end of 2020(last general draws). Got my ITA in Jan 2023. But those who spent 2-3 hours per day on french, were able to reach the same in 6-9 months.

I'd say if you folks are very serious about getting an ITA and settling in Canada, don't underestimate any point lifting opportunity. To get better context, I started french to add a couple points as I was so close to the last cutoff I missed. I thought adding 3-5 points through french scores should be easy(and it was!). I was able to add ~5 points in 3 months through my first french test. I didn't stop there as the draws were paused and thought I could go all the way while I'm waiting and keep on increasing my scores.

Reactions: VidhyaDG

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023
I reached CLB7 in over ~1.5 years. But I was very busy and only spent an hour per day(and travelled extensively for work). So, mine wasn't fast. I missed my ITA at the end of 2020(last general draws). Got my ITA in Jan 2023. But those who spent 2-3 hours per day on french, were able to reach the same in 6-9 months.
Is there any specific course that needs to be followed ?