+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2021
Guys, especially those who are applying under OINP, if you are married, include your spouse and select the IELTS exam as NA. Then, If your score is 472 it will come down to 454 which is good enough for the tech draws. This can be applied to french stream as well. Thank me later.
Has anyone tried anything similar to this and succeeded? I'm thinking my husband could redo IELTS and if he gets a lower band score our CRS score would be low enough for OINP.

How acceptable would that be? Could this change (from a better to a worse IELTS score) be somehow questioned?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canada’s COVID-19 border rules are not to blame: Travel didn't cause third wave, Premier Doug Ford ‘deflecting again’, critics say

The federal government keeps pushing back against Ontario Premier Doug Ford's continued claim that the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic was "fuelled almost entirely" by weak federal border measures.

"This [third] wave has been fuelled almost entirely by variants that passed too easily through our borders. Right now, we have people easily exploiting well-known loopholes that have been left in place," a tweet from the premier on Tuesday reads.

He went on to call on the federal government to require pre-departure COVID-19 testing for all domestic travellers, in addition to the pre-departure and arrival testing requirements already in place for international travellers

Premier Doug Ford's COVID-19 transmission theory shut down
"The third wave of COVID-19 is a direct result of community transmission," a statement from Dominic LeBlanc, President of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada and Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs reads.

"Ontario Public Health data demonstrates that less than one per cent of transmission is a result of international travel. Sound public health measures such as asymptomatic testing at essential work places, provincially mandated sick days, and increased vaccination focus in hot spots are all necessary to ending this wave."

At a press conference last week, Ford said he has sent four letters to the federal government called for stricter rules for individuals coming into Ontario, including hotel quarantine for travellers through land borders.

"There’s two things Justin Trudeau's responsible for, two things only throughout this whole pandemic," Ford said on May 13. "Make sure we have enough vaccines, and we saw what happened there, now we’re getting a few more vaccines, which is good… And to make sure we secure the borders, and it’s just not happening."

"My riding is right over the airport and all I hear is those planes just constantly coming in. Every time I look up I think, how many more variants are coming in?"

In his statement LeBlanc identified that 57.7 per cent of foreign nationals coming into Canada essential workers, such as health care and supply chain workers, 22 per cent are students, 14.6 per cent are coming for family reunification purposes and 5.9 per cent for immigration.

"If Ontario would like to see further restrictions, the provincial government needs to specify which of these groups they would wish to restrict further and make a request formally," LeBlanc states.

"We always welcome the opportunity to discuss how we can work together. We have provided Ontario with extra polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing capabilities through the Safe Restart Agreement. Ontario is also within their jurisdiction to institute domestic travel quarantine."

Federal government data states that there has been a 96 per cent reduction in air traffic and a 90 per cent reduction in non-commercial land traffic into Canada, compared to pre-COVID-19 volumes. It has also been reported that under two per cent of international travellers are found to be positive with COVID-19.

In response to Ford's tweets on Tuesday, many Twitter users weren't so convinced that travel has fuelled the third wave of the pandemic, or that the premier needs federal action.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Has anyone tried anything similar to this and succeeded? I'm thinking my husband could redo IELTS and if he gets a lower band score our CRS score would be low enough for OINP.

How acceptable would that be? Could this change (from a better to a worse IELTS score) be somehow questioned?
If you want to risk messing around with your application, intentionally doing poorly on the exam, and choosing the lower score (even though the instructions explicitly tell you to choose the higher score), then go for it. Nobody knows if trying to lower your score would count as misrepresentation, but considering the intent, I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

I say the same thing for people with a measly B2 in french and picking that as their first language to get into the score range of Ontario french draws. Especially considering the EE profile creating page mentions to choose both options and pick the higher score. Yeah good luck living in fear of this ever coming up in the future and having to explain why you intentionally manipulated your score.

At the end of the day, you're trying to game the system. To be fair, the system happens to be a little broken right now, in the sense that lower scores are being rewarded and higher scores are being punished, but fact would remain that you tried to game it. Whether or not that will count as misrepresentation, I have no idea. To me, the risk is not worth having my application getting rejected, or worse, getting a PR and then this being brought up and affecting the citizenship application in the future.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
If you want to risk messing around with your application, intentionally doing poorly on the exam, and choosing the lower score (even though the instructions explicitly tell you to choose the higher score), then go for it. Nobody knows if trying to lower your score would count as misrepresentation, but considering the intent, I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

I say the same thing for people with a measly B2 in french and picking that as their first language to get into the score range of Ontario french draws. Especially considering the EE profile creating page mentions to choose both options and pick the higher score. Yeah good luck living in fear of this ever coming up in the future and having to explain why you intentionally manipulated your score.

At the end of the day, you're trying to game the system. To be fair, the system happens to be a little broken right now, in the sense that lower scores are being rewarded and higher scores are being punished, but fact would remain that you tried to game it. Whether or not that will count as misrepresentation, I have no idea. To me, the risk is not worth having my application getting rejected, or worse, getting a PR and then this being brought up and affecting the citizenship application in the future.
yes i'd prefer a late ITA and all delays rather living in fear that one day IRCC would chase me leading to the removal of PR / Citizenship status after living there for years. A little patience is always rewarding. If FSW's don't resume then there is still an option left to choose.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Doesn't matter if you did poorly because the new test result itself will be valid, why would that cause any issue?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Doesn't matter if you did poorly because the new test result itself will be valid, why would that cause any issue?
because IRCC has the logs of all changes (with timestamps) we made to the profile which could lead to a suspicion that we tried to manipulate. if lucky we will never be caught, but as an applicant we don't have the control over their actions.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
because IRCC has the logs of all changes (with timestamps) we made to the profile which could lead to a suspicion that we tried to manipulate. if lucky we will never be caught, but as an applicant we don't have the control over their actions.
Never seen anyone getting rejected because of changes in EE profile before ITA, what reason could they give? Even if they did, the reason for refusal must sound really stupid.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Never seen anyone getting rejected because of changes in EE profile before ITA, what reason could they give? Even if they did, the reason for refusal must sound really stupid.
Yes some of the reasons sounds dumb but not a reason not to refuse. Just cause you never seen doesn't make it never happened, the data published by IRCC indicates how many applications are being rejected an year. they don't specify reasons. someone may have been caught for manipulation in the past. Some individuals out of embarrassment they never talk about it , yet there are folks who openly discuss about their refusals, deportation and felonies they did. There is one individual here who was deported on the basis of prostitution from another country and now applying to Canada EE.
The guy who posted the game play seems unaware that every scrutiny and possible searches will be made to check about the individual's activities online and irl , and he presumes nobody can hold his post against him. Is it he underestimating the IRCC / CBSA / INTERPOL ?

This guy ain't even an outland applicant, but an inland international graduate where the federal government is trying to pull maximum international grads to PR and he is thinking of gaming with the system.
Let him play. Nobody got shit to do.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yes some of the reasons sounds dumb but not a reason not to refuse. Just cause you never seen doesn't make it never happened, the data published by IRCC indicates how many applications are being rejected an year. they don't specify reasons. someone may have been caught for manipulation in the past. Some individuals out of embarrassment they never talk about it , yet there are folks who openly discuss about their refusals, deportation and felonies they did. There is one individual here who was deported on the basis of prostitution from another country and now applying to Canada EE.
The guy who posted the game play seems unaware that every scrutiny and possible searches will be made to check about the individual's activities online and irl , and he presumes nobody can hold his post against him. Is it he underestimating the IRCC / CBSA / INTERPOL ?

This guy ain't even an outland applicant, but an inland international graduate where the federal government is trying to pull maximum international grads to PR and he is thinking of gaming with the system.
Let him play. Nobody got shit to do.
Maybe @legalfalcon has idea about this?

D

Deleted member 1006777

Because you're choosing a worse score while a better one is still valid. The intent there is clear, to fall into the OINP range. You would remove your older scores, add the new ones that reduces your CRS. You want to create a whole new profile with the lower scores, so there's no historical evidence of the manipulation, then go for it. All in all, you're just putting yourself in a situation where you may have to lie.

The EE profile creation page mentions specifically to choose your highest available score. I don't think intentionally choosing a lower score will count as misrepresentation, but with the unpredictability already at play, are you sure you want to ask people to take that risk?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Because you're choosing a worse score while a better one is still valid. The intent there is clear, to fall into the OINP range. You would remove your older scores, add the new ones that reduces your CRS. You want to create a whole new profile with the lower scores, so there's no historical evidence of the manipulation, then go for it. All in all, you're just putting yourself in a situation where you may have to lie.

The EE profile creation page mentions specifically to choose your highest available score. I don't think intentionally choosing a lower score will count as misrepresentation, but with the unpredictability already at play, are you sure you want to ask people to take that risk?
I don't think VO will check changes made to EE profile before receiving ITA but they surely do after receiving ITA to see the changes and if the score falls below the minimum score for that round. You are allowed to make any number of changes to your EE profile before receiving ITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.