+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Based on vaccinations, daily covid cases reduction, and occupation in hospitals I believe that they're likely to reopen the US border after 21st June. I hope that they don't extend that.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Don't expect much that Canada will soon process FSW-O applications. There are still many pending CEC inland applicants. I saw that they are still doing the June 2020 CEC inland applications. That's a year worth of backlog. They also have to take care of those existing residents and citizens who lose their jobs during the pandemic. Additional immigrants would entail competition of looking for jobs with them. So I don't think they will allow outland immigrants to come to Canada anytime soon. At the earliest, we can assume that they will continue processing FSW-O applications by the summer next year.

Let's not wait in vain. Expect less and move on. It really is unfair and I have been waiting for over a year now. I suggest we already move on with our lives and pray that the world will return as it was before March 2020.
It's laughable you think that the earliest they will continue processing FSW-O is a year from now. They have said multiple times that they will continue to welcome outland applicants once border restrictions are removed, which is going to happen in the next couple of months.

Reactions: armitabbsn

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Any evidence for this? If you are stating your opinion then you have to qualify your statements as such. Otherwise it's just misinformation. People are already miserable here, don't add to their misery by doing baseless speculation.
Major ! you understand the feelings of folks in the pool and on behalf of pool cadets I'm paying respects to you for requesting the evidence.

Road.to.canada20

May 14, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone! I have an idea but I would like your insight to see it its helpful or not.

I'm FSW Outland applicant, AOR 24th August 2020.
I lost my job in February so I'm eager to move to Canada asap (not having much luck in finding a new job in Brazil at the moment).
My medical exams will expire in the beginning of August and my security check has not started yet, so I don't see how I get my PR approved before the current medical exams expire.
Honestly don't mind paying for a new medical, I just want my process to move!
If a redo my medical exams now upfront, before IRCC asking for a new one, will that mess up my eligibility and they have to reopen it or will the just update the new medicals and maybe as soon as the border restrictions start being lifted approve my visa?

I have already been covid vaccinated and sent the proof of my vaccination to IRCC (I know there are no vaccine passports yet but im hopeful it might help my processing)

What do you guys think?

@ZAtoCD @BlindGoku and anyone else in the never ending wait, happy to hear your input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not sure about International Travel, but US borders will open soon. The Democratic Party Majority leader: Chuck Schumer is voicing out his support and urgent need to open the borders, so are many legislators in the US. Also, if you read daily news and watch Canadian channels, gov officials indicate opening US-Canada borders soon. WRT to international travel, Canada officials indicate opening with restriction (such as vaccine passports).

I too asked @NavjotS123 to show the source on the International border not opening until next year. Still waitinggggggggggggg.
We know the answer. There's been no official statement on when international borders will reopen. Federal officials have basically said that conditions will be assessed at each stage and decisions made at that time. I can't imagine any federal official has publicly said borders will not reopen until next year.

I personally do not see Canada going the way of Australia and restricting travel until half way into next year. This would really really surprise me.

IMO (having lived here my entire life), the US border will reopen first with some rules / restrictions (e.g. PCR test results, maybe proof of vaccination) and then international borders will reopen at a later date.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Based on vaccinations, daily covid cases reduction, and occupation in hospitals I believe that they're likely to reopen the US border after 21st June. I hope that they don't extend that.
The border won’t open until herd immunity is reached, and that won’t happen by June 21st. I realize people like to throw out baseless speculation and analysis in this thread, but be realistic.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
That's good to know. I haven't seen progress on my application since October 2020. I'll be happy if there's any progress at all this year. I'm not in any rush to move to Canada so I'm happy to wait so long as there's progress on my application.
I have applied from Pakistan. Everything is open and Covid isn't so destructive here. I write this while in quarantine due to the infection lol.
Yeah, same here. No movement since last year. Oh, shame! Hope you feel better soon.

Anamac

Apr 9, 2020
Hi guys, I've received OINP nomination and accepted it on my express entry profile but while I tried to tick yes in Nomination and Selection part of my application to update it, the section was greyed out and couldn't change it. Do you know what I should do about it? TNX

Reactions: MarieSACD

odf

May 3, 2021
Hmm! I’ve read a lot of comments on this section about the FSW-O. It’s so unfortunate that we are expressing suspension of the draws when in actual sense we should be on our way to Canada. French Language seems to be the saving grace for those who have lost good point cause of age. With good score in french exam you’re guaranteed ITA when draw resume by Q2 or 2022 as suggested by some people. While am battling with French language, my IELTS will expire soon. Although am not planning to rewrite IELTS until I see FSW-O draw resume.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hmm! I’ve read a lot of comments on this section about the FSW-O. It’s so unfortunate that we are expressing suspension of the draws when in actual sense we should be on our way to Canada. French Language seems to be the saving grace for those who have lost good point cause of age. With good score in french exam you’re guaranteed ITA when draw resume by Q2 or 2022 as suggested by some people. While am battling with French language, my IELTS will expire soon. Although am not planning to rewrite IELTS until I see FSW-O draw resume.
What's your status ? pool / CRS?

Reactions: dainte58945

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
French, a job offer, or a PNP invitation. And PNPs have various jobs listed as in demand, like with Ontario's Human Capital Priorities stream.

My friend works in tech, and got a letter from OINP without a job offer. Didn't need to write the French exam after all.

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
The border won’t open until herd immunity is reached, and that won’t happen by June 21st. I realize people like to throw out baseless speculation and analysis in this thread, but be realistic.
Yeah, we should all be realistic by now. Don’t expect much on false hope. Just move on and expect less

Status
Not open for further replies.