Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Parliamentary committee publishes study on COVID impact on Canadian immigration.
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/05/parliamentary-committee-publishes-study-on-covid-impact-on-canadian-immigration-0518117.html#gs.1mvmol

"IRCC has issued authorization to travel letters to many of the affected expired visa holders who were approved before March 18, 2020. However, Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) holders who got their documents after travel restrictions first went into place are not allowed to come to Canada. These people have been starting to see their documents expire, since the COPR’s validity is tied to that of the medical exam and the holder’s passport.

To address the need for COPR holders to land in Canada and complete their permanent residency landing, the committee wants IRCC to issue authorization letters automatically. Furthermore, they want IRCC to waive the need for expired documents to be renewed while the pandemic endures.

Also, the committee recommends IRCC allow sponsored spouses with no access to a medical exam in their own country to do the process in Canada on a visitor visa during the pandemic".

Nice to see some positivity here again. :)

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I don't think they will retire FSW anytime soon, its just that they are not able to invite them as the pandemic situation is more clear now, it was not last year and they are doing everything they can to meet their target for this year. Check some of the AOR threads from late 2019 and early 2020, outland candidates are receiving COPR's even from India with expiry of Jan 2022. Some are even allowed to travel to Canada right now with authorization letters from countries where situation is a bit better.
A few are receiving COPRs .. that's been the case for Outlands since August 2020 and it is still very insignificant compared to the huge number of people waiting, myself a 6th April 2020 AOR haven't seen any progress in my application since july 2020.. don t let the small number of COPRs foul you, the backlog of FSW outland is still very huge and I don t know how they will manage it ..

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Global News
Ontario to shorten COVID-19 vaccine dose interval starting with health-care workers
Tue., May 18, 2021, 1:47 a.m.

When asked about the time frame for administering second COVID-19 vaccine doses to Ontarians, associate chief medical officer of health Dr. Barbara Yaffe said Monday the province will eventually see shorter intervals between mRNA vaccine doses, particularly for frontline health-care workers and for people in certain high-risk groups. But, the doctor said she doesn’t see the interval becoming “really short” but it might become shorter than 16 weeks.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
COVID-19 cases in Vancouver Island region continue to fall
Tue., May 18, 2021, 12:59 a.m.

As the province starts to provide COVID-19 vaccinations for everyone aged 18 and above, Island Health's chief medical officer said he's relieved to see the number of active cases in the Vancouver Island Health region continuing to trend down.

"What we are seeing is a general decrease both in south and central Island," Dr. Richard Stanwick said on CBC's On the Island on Friday. "The numbers are absolutely bang on ... and that means our contact tracers are able to make sure we get a hold of anybody who has been exposed at this point."

On Friday, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Arian Dix reported 494 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C., including eight that were reported in the Vancouver Island region.

The region has now recorded 4,875 cases since the pandemic began, and on Friday, there were 149 active cases, including 16 people in hospital and five in critical care.

Stanwick said the warmer spring weather could be a contributing factor to the overall downward trend as more people head outside to enjoy the sun.

"Fortunately, people are taking advantage of our spectacular weather and amazing things to see on the Island," he said. "So that reduces the ability of the virus to spread."

He said over 400,000 vaccines have been administered to more than half of the population and approximately three per cent have received a second dose.

"I think the key word ... is register, register, register," Stanwick said. "Our immunization clinics have been doing phenomenal."

On Thursday, more than 11,000 people received their vaccine at the immunization clinics. Stanwick said he is advising the provincial heath office that vaccine administration for students can be done more effectively and efficiently at the larger clinics rather than at schools.

"This could be a totally different approach because we've got other vaccines we would like to administer to students and we normally do that in the schools," he said, "so we may have a different program, a different look in the fall."

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ottawa Prepares To Reopen Canada-U.S. Border
Baystreet Staff - Monday, May 17, 2021

Ottawa is preparing to reopen the border with the United States.

The federal government’s plans to begin easing restrictions at the border come despite the fact that Canada remains far behind the U.S. in terms of COVID-19 vaccination rates.

Senior officials have begun to formally talk about options for how to reopen the border between Canada and the U.S. One plan reportedly under consideration is whether to employ a two-track system in which quarantine and testing requirements would be relaxed for vaccinated travelers.

The world’s longest international border has been shut since March 2020 to most non-essential travel, dramatically reducing land and air traffic between the two countries. The restrictions have hurt Canada’s tourism and airline sectors, costing them $20 billion in revenue last year.

Any reopening of the border would be gradual and contingent on declining COVID-19 cases in both countries.

The third wave of the pandemic has hit Canada harder than the U.S. because of a vaccine rollout that’s been slowed by supply issues and shipment delays. According to Bloomberg News’ Vaccine Tracker, 34.1% of Canadians have received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and only 2.7% are fully vaccinated, compared with 46.6% and 35.8% in the U.S.

Trudeau has said that most Canadians aren’t likely to be fully vaccinated until September, at the earliest

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have an immigration lawyer friend in Canada who is saying CEC specific draws will continue at least till the fall

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Even if cases drop down to 0 All programs draw may not come. IRCC has a huge backlog and they want to clear it first. Changes to the EE will be introduced soon. Good luck everyone :)

DXB@2021

Apr 12, 2021
Even if cases drop down to 0 All programs draw may not come. IRCC has a huge backlog and they want to clear it first. Changes to the EE will be introduced soon. Good luck everyone :)
Ohhh good let IRCC to finished huge backlog and start again All programs draw once they free after couple of years.....Hhahah

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I know. I am a US applicant and this is a hope for me. If this is the case, then would Canada approve applications based on location especially countries that have no travel restriction? Who knows.
Yes, they will continue to approve applicants from US because borders are going to open soon between two countries and travel will be allowed for people who are vaccinated! The sharp decline in cases in US are giving a hope to Ottawa.

Good Luck

Reactions: RajKannan

blahblah42

Feb 6, 2020
Learning French from scratch just to boost your score is just too much unless you want to immigrate that badly which is not important in my opinion. If you are not happy in your own country where your family and relatives live, how can you be happy in another country?

I never considered learning French even though I was sure that I will not be getting ITA with my score, just accepted that and moved and then out of the blue, received invite from OINP.
congrats...Did you do something extra to boost your chances for OINP?

Reactions: tonitigers

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Learning French from scratch just to boost your score is just too much unless you want to immigrate that badly which is not important in my opinion. If you are not happy in your own country where your family and relatives live, how can you be happy in another country?

I never considered learning French even though I was sure that I will not be getting ITA with my score, just accepted that and moved and then out of the blue, received invite from OINP.
I am one of the many candidates trying to learn French to boost my score and hopefully get an ITA.

For me, Canada is worth every penny and every effort I am putting into. Its about the culture, the way of life, the value placed on hard work and where the sky is the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.