+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
The only positive thing happening right now is FSW/outland candidates are receiving invites through PNP draws which is something I guess.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Wondering How long thats going to continue.Sooner or later they are going to pull plug on it too.
I don't think they will retire FSW anytime soon, its just that they are not able to invite them as the pandemic situation is more clear now, it was not last year and they are doing everything they can to meet their target for this year. Check some of the AOR threads from late 2019 and early 2020, outland candidates are receiving COPR's even from India with expiry of Jan 2022. Some are even allowed to travel to Canada right now with authorization letters from countries where situation is a bit better.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
From an immigration lawyer: visa officers indicated in a meeting that the earliest time they are going to process existing FSW applications is August.
I won't expect any draws until they start issue PPRs to existing FSW applications.
Is this really true? If that's the case, how probable do you think FSW applicants from last year, would be receiving CoPRs this year? Hoping to leave my country by year's end if everything goes well.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
This is solid info from first hand. Based on that, probably no FSW until Sept 2022, which is maybe why the govt plays dead about FSW. And when they bring it back it'll be NOC-based with probably 1k draws and 500+ cutoffs. So people waiting for an ITA through FSW won't be able to land before mid 2023. FSW is dead. I hope the new govt can fix the system and turn it back to what it used to be.
Existing FSW app processing doesn't have that much to do with new FSW draws. Sure they don't want a backlog, but I don't think that is a major concern given they've only had 5 months of draws in the last 15 months.

I think it is much more of a political decision given that we are still locked down, the economy hasn't opened and fully recovered, and housing prices are insane. We'll see what happens as the year goes on and all of those things hopefully improve.

Reactions: voyager123

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
From an immigration lawyer: visa officers indicated in a meeting that the earliest time they are going to process existing FSW applications is August.
I won't expect any draws until they start issue PPRs to existing FSW applications.
August is just above 2 months from now.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Gotta love politicians. "We want to target individuals better suited for Canada's needs" -> proceeds to give people with CRS 75-400 free ITAs.

Also the person in the video says "maybe the govt has put FSW on pause because they've been waiting to finalize the changes". See? I've been saying this for months now that the FSW situation has nothing at all to do with travel restrictions, travel restrictions are just a sorry excuse for political actions and gain.

The current incompetent govt messed up and they're blaming it on the EE system, specifically FSW. So now they're messing that up too. If the govt is so worried about targeting the best suited candidates for canada's job market, they wouldn't have invited CRS 75 - 400 and their dogs and cats and grandmothers. I hope canada goes to an early election somehow so a competent government can be elected.
they wouldn't have invited CRS 75 - 400 and their dogs and cats and grandmothers
:D
Even though nothing is finalized and official now we have a hint. Time to change plans. Good Canada government and IRCC helped us in making use of our months and years of hardwork for this great opportunity . Thank you IRCC

Status
Not open for further replies.