Status
Not open for further replies.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
As an EU citizen, until Jan 2021 I could just pop there, get a NIN and start working. In the past that made me pick the UK as my first choice but after seeing the Brexit referendum results I ditched the idea and came to Canada instead.
Yes exactly before BREXIT anybody from EU was able to do anything, The number of folks without NIN were more, cause of the UK in the union. Now the UK immigration has become fair. Pre-Brexit times were the worst especially for the NON-EU people because of the least priority even when they were able to speak in British accent and had years of experience.
When I first came to London, The minimum wage in the UK is £8.20 . I started working for £ 4 because I was not from the EU, whereas the EU person who doesn't know to speak a bit of English with no high school was making £ 8-9 at my workplace. Why? cause he / she is from EU. Whereas I was able to speak in US / UK accent , I had masters and was doing another from Uni in London. I worked in the UK for years and I have had worked with EU folks who doesn't know English other than "good morning/afternoon/ good evening/ night) I was using Google Translate to conversate with them. London was the sex / human trafficking hub of the whole EU during the pre Brexit times. London was completely filled with EU/ Eastern European 18+ / underaged girls for prostitution. Now since the Brexit there were reports of zero border cross of such folks. There was a time I wished if I was from EU so I could make tons of money like those EU folks with zero English skills and no education. for the British and the NON-EU this Brexit is a blessing and now things are fair. It was so easy for a EU citizen to come to the UK to gamble , pimp his gf or wife, sell flesh, traffick girls and make tens of thousands of pounds a month.
Educated EU folks were good, what made me feel bad about the whole Britain being in EU is the system being exploited by the worst people from the EU. This Canadian PR is just a permit for me to work there for 5 years and within 5 years I'm returning to UK obviously for the PR and citizenship.

Last edited:

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Canada may raise caps on temporary immigration programs, Minister Mendicino says
The Canadian government hinted this week that it may raise the current limits for permanent residents admitted under its new temporary program.

About one week after launching an ambitious immigration program that aims to admit up to 90,000 permanent residents to Canada, the immigration minister is hinting at the possibility of raising that cap.

“I’m open to discussion on whether or not to review the current caps,” Canada’s Immigration Minister, Marco Mendicino, was quoted saying in the Globe and Mail.

The minister remained cautious in his remarks, however, saying his department must first carefully assess the early results of the program, including the quality of applications that have been received, and how quickly the target of 90,000 admissions will be reached.

“At that point, I will certainly have a much greater line of sight on whether or not there may be a need to revisit the caps,” he said.

The new temporary program, which opened on May 6, has so far received an encouraging response from prospective permanent residents.

One of the six streams available under the program, the one for international graduates, reached its cap of 40,000 applicants in just over 24 hours. To date, two other streams targeting essential workers and health care workers have received nearly 10,000 applications out of a total cap of 50,000 applications. There have been far fewer applications submitted under three streams reserved for French-speaking or bilingual candidates, largely because these streams do not have a cap and are open until November 2021.

The launch of this new permanent residency pathway is part of a multi-layered approach by the Canadian government to achieve the highest levels of immigration in its history in order to help support the country’s post-coronavirus economic recovery.

The pandemic, which has exacerbated capacity and processing times for permanent residence applications, has forced the Canadian government to adopt new strategies to address these issues.

In addition to creating new pathways to permanent residency and issuing record numbers of invitations to immigration candidates via the Express Entry system in recent months, Canada is also now moving to fully modernize its immigration processing system.

The recently tabled federal budget provides nearly $430 million to create a new digital platform that will replace the Global Case Management System (GCMS) used to process citizenship and immigration applications, with the goal of enabling more efficient and timely processing.

Canada aims to welcome at least 401,000 immigrants per year, and the latest statistics suggest that it may be on course to meet its targets.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Canada may raise caps on temporary immigration programs, Minister Mendicino says
The Canadian government hinted this week that it may raise the current limits for permanent residents admitted under its new temporary program.

About one week after launching an ambitious immigration program that aims to admit up to 90,000 permanent residents to Canada, the immigration minister is hinting at the possibility of raising that cap.

“I’m open to discussion on whether or not to review the current caps,” Canada’s Immigration Minister, Marco Mendicino, was quoted saying in the Globe and Mail.

The minister remained cautious in his remarks, however, saying his department must first carefully assess the early results of the program, including the quality of applications that have been received, and how quickly the target of 90,000 admissions will be reached.

“At that point, I will certainly have a much greater line of sight on whether or not there may be a need to revisit the caps,” he said.

The new temporary program, which opened on May 6, has so far received an encouraging response from prospective permanent residents.

One of the six streams available under the program, the one for international graduates, reached its cap of 40,000 applicants in just over 24 hours. To date, two other streams targeting essential workers and health care workers have received nearly 10,000 applications out of a total cap of 50,000 applications. There have been far fewer applications submitted under three streams reserved for French-speaking or bilingual candidates, largely because these streams do not have a cap and are open until November 2021.

The launch of this new permanent residency pathway is part of a multi-layered approach by the Canadian government to achieve the highest levels of immigration in its history in order to help support the country’s post-coronavirus economic recovery.

The pandemic, which has exacerbated capacity and processing times for permanent residence applications, has forced the Canadian government to adopt new strategies to address these issues.

In addition to creating new pathways to permanent residency and issuing record numbers of invitations to immigration candidates via the Express Entry system in recent months, Canada is also now moving to fully modernize its immigration processing system.

The recently tabled federal budget provides nearly $430 million to create a new digital platform that will replace the Global Case Management System (GCMS) used to process citizenship and immigration applications, with the goal of enabling more efficient and timely processing.

Canada aims to welcome at least 401,000 immigrants per year, and the latest statistics suggest that it may be on course to meet its targets.
Is this meaning a farwell to FSW and any other outland stream in the short term at least ? ( 1-2 years ) , and what are they planning to do with the ten thousands approved FSWs outland currently waiting for a COPR issuance since a year now ?

Reactions: fswinlander

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Is this meaning a farwell to FSW and any other outland stream in the short term at least ? ( 1-2 years ) , and what are they planning to do with the ten thousands approved FSWs outland currently waiting for a COPR issuance since a year now ?
Yeah, i think so because IRCC is now indicating clearly that FSW stream will not open in the upcoming months(at least this year). Whenever they will open the stream, there will be changes in selection method like NOC restrictions n all.

They are going to issue SIYC (Stay in your Country) document instead of COPR. LMAO !

vei

Jan 23, 2021
Hi if vaccine passport is mandated in the future, do you think the vaccine source (company) will matter?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi if vaccine passport is mandated in the future, do you think the vaccine source (company) will matter?
In my view, Yes! You must be vaccinated by the one which is already approved(recognized) in Canada.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Border groups: Remove travel restrictions between U.S., Mexico, and Canada; reopen bridges
WESLACO, Texas – Numerous U.S.-Mexico border institutions and elected officials have written to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to urge the re-opening of land ports of entry to so-called non-essential travelers.

International bridges connecting the U.S. to Mexico and the U.S. to Canada have been closed to Mexican and Canadian visa holders who do not work in essential industries since March, 2020. They have been denied entry in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.

The letter follows remarks by Dr. Anthony Fauci to U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar that there is no reason not to re-open border land ports of entry to visa holders. Fauci is an American immunologist and head of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

“We believe it is time for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), under your transformative leadership and in collaboration with the Biden-Harris Administration, to re-open our borders, and allow for cross-border travelers to enter our communities,” the letter to Mayorkas states. “Common-sense measures such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), a negative COVID-19 test, and proof of vaccination can make cross-border travel safe for our citizens, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel, and travelers alike.”

The letter was drafted by the Texas Border Coalition (TBC). It has been signed by officials with the Border Trade Alliance, the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Texas Association of Business, the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce, International Bank of Commerce, the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Rio Grande Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Mexican Business Council for Foreign Trade, Investment, and Technology, the Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce, the Rio Grande Valley Partnership, the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, the Texas Association of Mexican American Chambers of Commerce, the U.S.-Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership, the Texas-Mexico Trade Coalition, the Borderplex Alliance, TaxFree Shopping, Ltd., the San Antonio-Mexico Friendship Council, and the Laredo College Economic Development Center.

The elected officials who signed the letter are: Cameron County Judge Eddie Treviño, Jr., who chairs the TBC, Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez, Matamoros Mayor Mario Alberto López Hernández, Laredo Mayor Pete Saenz, Mission Mayor Armando O’Caña, Weslaco Mayor David Suarez, and Brownsville Mayor Trey Mendez.

Copies of the letter were sent to Vice President Kamala Harris, Health & Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra, Mexico Ambassador to the United States Esteban Moctezuma, the Office of Public Engagement at the White House, U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, Gov. Greg Abbott, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chairman Dr. Raul Ruiz and other members of CHC, Karinda Washington, acting assistant secretary in the Office of Partnership and Engagement at DHS, Charles L. Wollenhaupt, acting deputy assistant secretary, in the Private Sector Office at DHS, Felicia Escobar Carrillo, chief of staff at the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services within DHS, Victor De Leon, chief of intergovernmental affairs in the Office of the Commissioner at DHS, the Texas Border Congressional Caucus, and the Texas Border Legislative Delegation.

Here is a copy of the letter:

May 14, 2021

The Honorable Alejandro Mayorkas
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
3801 Nebraska Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20395

RE: Request to re-open ports of entry and remove travel restrictions between the United States, Mexico, and Canada.

Dear Secretary Mayorkas,

As the United States has made tremendous progress in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, we believe it is time for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), under your transformative leadership and in collaboration with the Biden-Harris Administration, to re-open our borders, and allow for cross-border travelers to enter our communities. Common-sense measures such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), a negative COVID-19 test, and proof of vaccination can make cross-border travel safe for our citizens, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel, and travelers alike.

In the past year, the global COVID-19 pandemic has caused physical, emotional, and economic suffering to millions of Americans. This includes tens of thousands of Texans living along the Texas-Mexico border. While Texas border leaders reluctantly accepted temporary limits on cross-border travel during the height of the pandemic, the “temporary” limits have now lasted for more than fourteen months. These restrictions have heavily paralyzed and devastated the economics of our border businesses and communities. In 2019, the Texas-Mexico border had an impact of more than $19 billion in economic activity, supported over 650,000 jobs, and increased infrastructure development along our international boundaries.

Before the pandemic, the economy of our border communities relied on the influx of daily travelers from Mexico who acquire goods and services in the United States. However, the current border travel restrictions have dramatically limited these travelers and the critical cross-border exchange of business and commerce, leaving local border economies shattered. The year-long exclusion of these customers is harming our local economies, especially our retail, dining, and hospitality sectors. Severely restricting cross-border travel in this way is not an effective long-term policy and causes disproportionate economic impact to border communities.

More than a year after the travel restrictions took effect, we believe the time has come for your Department to remove these restrictions between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. Our southern border has been receiving a high influx of immigrants seeking asylum and processing into the United States. If these individuals are being allowed into our homeland, we should also allow visa holders who need to visit family and conduct essential commercial activities. Collectively, we request re-opening our Land Ports of Entry (LPOEs) with sufficient lanes and a full complement of CBP staff to maintain efficient traffic. Instituting efficient and safe operations at our land ports will ensure that international travelers are able to contribute to our border economy. We need international travelers conducting crucial commercial activities in our border region to revitalize our economy in the aftermath of the pandemic.

The Texas Border Coalition (TBC) acts as the collective voice of border communities on issues that affect Texas-Mexico border region’s quality of life, commerce, and public policy. The TBC is comprised of mayors, city council members, county judges, county executives, businesses, corporations, and community leaders. Collectively, we represent more than 2.5 million people who reside along the more than 1,250 miles of the Texas-Mexico border, from Brownsville to El Paso, Texas. We believe in the economic vibrancy of our border region, its potential to re-vitalize is dependent on cross-border travelers.

Your Department and the Biden-Harris Administration should also take every action possible to safeguard the health and safety of CBP personnel who protect our homeland and citizens. The TBC requests that CBP ensure that its personnel are vaccinated and adequately outfitted with PPE to protect the health of our officers, their families, our border communities, and all individuals seeking to cross our borders.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this important request. We look forward to a positive response on this matter, which has a severe economic impact on many communities in the U.S.-Mexico border region. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out any of our border leaders whose names and signatures appear as collaborating advocacy partners on this critical issue below.

Sincerely,

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Canada is scheduled to receive 4.5M doses next week. Their estimate is to have 70%+ residents with first dose by early June. So their domestic restrictions might start easing next month.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canada is scheduled to receive 4.5M doses next week. Their estimate is to have 70%+ residents with first dose by early June. So their domestic restrictions might start easing next month.
Yes good for them. But when it comes to the candidates in the pool what matters is, IRCC bringing up new schemes quite often to accumulate new permanent residents who are on temporary visa who are not even in the pool.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yes good for them. But when it comes to the candidates in the pool what matters is, IRCC bringing up new schemes quite often to accumulate new permanent residents who are on temporary visa who are not even in the pool.
Immigration minister has probably been prevented from allowing incoming immigration, until the health ministry gives the okay. They won’t allow it before reopening domestically. Several FSW from last year received PPR, but were having issues in traveling to Canada, in order to finalize their PR. Since they have the 400k quota, without any idea when travel restrictions will end, of course they will create programs for those within.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Immigration minister has probably been prevented from allowing incoming immigration, until the health ministry gives the okay. They won’t allow it before reopening domestically. Several FSW from last year received PPR, but were having issues in traveling to Canada, in order to finalize their PR. Since they have the 400k quota, without any idea when travel restrictions will end, of course they will create programs for those within.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Yes exactly before BREXIT anybody from EU was able to do anything, The number of folks without NIN were more, cause of the UK in the union. Now the UK immigration has become fair. Pre-Brexit times were the worst especially for the NON-EU people because of the least priority even when they were able to speak in British accent and had years of experience.
When I first came to London, The minimum wage in the UK is £8.20 . I started working for £ 4 because I was not from the EU, whereas the EU person who doesn't know to speak a bit of English with no high school was making £ 8-9 at my workplace. Why? cause he / she is from EU. Whereas I was able to speak in US / UK accent , I had masters and was doing another from Uni in London. I worked in the UK for years and I have had worked with EU folks who doesn't know English other than "good morning/afternoon/ good evening/ night) I was using Google Translate to conversate with them. London was the sex / human trafficking hub of the whole EU during the pre Brexit times. London was completely filled with EU/ Eastern European 18+ / underaged girls for prostitution. Now since the Brexit there were reports of zero border cross of such folks. There was a time I wished if I was from EU so I could make tons of money like those EU folks with zero English skills and no education. for the British and the NON-EU this Brexit is a blessing and now things are fair. It was so easy for a EU citizen to come to the UK to gamble , pimp his gf or wife, sell flesh, traffick girls and make tens of thousands of pounds a month.
Educated EU folks were good, what made me feel bad about the whole Britain being in EU is the system being exploited by the worst people from the EU. This Canadian PR is just a permit for me to work there for 5 years and within 5 years I'm returning to UK obviously for the PR and citizenship.
Well, that’s kinda the point of the EU. British Expats could move to Spain freely without speaking a lick of Spanish, move to Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands or wherever you wanted and being able to start a life in there without going through an immigration process.

Most people I know benefit from this, the only complaints I’ve heard come from non-EU people because they feel left out.

Not having to pay international tuition and being able to work without restrictions as a student’s it’s a game changer: they study, learn the language and work at the same time.

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
But majority immigrants become anti immigrant once they get their PR. Then they start complaining about how immigrants are lowering the wages and making market too saturated.
Is this surprising? Most people look out for their own.

I migrated to the US 15 years ago. Does my empathy for new immigrants outweigh my family's needs (my job security, our standard of living, retiring comfortably etc.) ? Hell no.

(and let's be honest - I'm not the only one. Your perspective may change pre & post immigration as well)

Reactions: RajKannan
Status
Not open for further replies.