Status
Not open for further replies.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Lol, I doubt it. Nations like China and Japan believe their national identity is linked to race and bloodline. They may take in migrants because of the aging population (like Japan is now), but they will also serve to be an underclass for the most past. That is why countries like Canada, US, Brazil are special because national identity is not tied to race. There is the opportunity for anyone to get to the top.
Also true hehe

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Lol, I doubt it. Nations like China and Japan believe their national identity is linked to race and bloodline. They may take in migrants because of the aging population (like Japan is now), but they will also serve to be an underclass for the most past. That is why countries like Canada, US, Brazil are special because national identity is not tied to race. There is the opportunity for anyone to get to the top.
China has more than enough people.
Japan and Korea homogeneous, the people won't accept outsiders as some of their own kind.
I'm residing in Singapore. Hmmm, there is nothing called retirement here. Many old uncles and aunties work as cleaners in food-courts and canteens around the city to support their living. Immigration system here is race-based (well, no one wants to talk about this). If you are non Chinese, you will need a lot of luck.
Vietnam, hmmm, trust me, we will try every chance to get out... This is sad, but true.

This may change in the future. But if Canada is still a choice, I would say let us go for it. I could have immigrated long time ago, but I thought, maybe one day I can get to settle down here in Singapore. But that day is just getting more and more vague.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
China has more than enough people.
Japan and Korea homogeneous, the people won't accept outsiders as some of their own kind.
I'm residing in Singapore. Hmmm, there is nothing called retirement here. Many old uncles and aunties work as cleaners in food-courts and canteens around the city to support their living. Immigration system here is race-based (well, no one wants to talk about this). If you are non Chinese, you will need a lot of luck.
Vietnam, hmmm, trust me, we will try every chance to get out... This is sad, but true.

This may change in the future. But if Canada is still a choice, I would say let us go for it. I could have immigrated long time ago, but I thought, maybe one day I can get to settle down here in Singapore. But that day is just getting more and more vague.
life is vague :D

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
In this Covid 19 pandemic, vagueness has turn blindness. Hahaha.
I started feeling it was better to be back in the stone age, sleeping chilling inside a cave, early morning hunting for food, eat ,roam around and come back to sleep if we ain't killed by the wild. way better than the system. Duck that p*ick who invented barter system and money.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/05/01/canada-will-require-a-vaccine-passport-for-entry/?sh=6a8ca40f1a71

Wonder if this means we'll be required to be vaccinated before we can go to Canada to activate our PR.

South Africa's vaccine roll-out is exceptionally slow, and mine will only be next year sometime, so that won't be good news. I'd be fine with tests and quarantining. Can't get a vaccine any faster though.
Wow. This seems inevitable. But not sure how soon it will be in place considering how slow Canada themselves are progressing in terms of the vaccine rollout.
Another question is which vaccines would be allowed as a vaccine passport. All the approved vaccines on Canada’s list are only available in a few countries.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Wow. This seems inevitable. But not sure how soon it will be in place considering how slow Canada themselves are progressing in terms of the vaccine rollout.
Another question is which vaccines would be allowed as a vaccine passport. All the approved vaccines on Canada’s list are only available in a few countries.
that is the key... we only have Chinese vaccine.... which are not on the list for Canada

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
That's a good point. I would assume they'd only allow the ones that Health Canada has approved. Maybe this will just be a tourism thing, or maybe you get to choose between arriving with a vaccine and skipping quarantine vs not having been vaccinated and having to quarantine. It'll be interesting to see what they reveal in time.
that is the key... we only have Chinese vaccine.... which are not on the list for Canada
Which country is that?

Reactions: armitabbsn

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
That's a good point. I would assume they'd only allow the ones that Health Canada has approved. Maybe this will just be a tourism thing, or maybe you get to choose between arriving with a vaccine and skipping quarantine vs not having been vaccinated and having to quarantine. It'll be interesting to see what they reveal in time.

Which country is that?
Dunno where he's from, but for most Southeast Asian countries, mine included, we only have access (as of right now) with Chinese vaccines, Sinovac to be precise. Later this year, hopefully, we're also getting the Indian made ones, Covovax and Covaxin, hopefully the former would make the list of Health Canada approved vaccines since it has been developed by the Novovax US, just manufactured in India.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019

Which country is that?
China....

• Haha
Reactions: joconstantine
Status
Not open for further replies.