Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
With 1 year of experience, my CRS will still be well above 500. Never thought having a good score would be a problem :rolleyes:
i think you can do something about it by adjusting your IELTS score... oh man with no draws in sight and with people having 500+ CRS clueless, i m really scared..

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
How though? Because if the budget is saying that the EE system needs to be reformed, isn't that a guarantee that there will be major changes? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question. Plus I am worried!
It could mean a lot of things, i don't think there is much point in speculating on what a few words in a report are supposed to mean. It's definitely too broad to make any conclusions on the changes they will implement.

That's not to say that they won't narrow the scope of EE in any way, but we need something far more concrete than saying it needs to be "reformed" before we can say with any certainty that it will change in a particular way.

We've only seen targets increase so far.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If I recall, the original premise of EE was proving an immigrant could fill a job position, to do that they considered employability and adaptation capacity based on education, language, age and work experience. With the current job market and pandemic I think it makes a lot of sense they want to attract people with certain occupations that experiencing a shortage of workers now, but that'd make EE very unpredictable.

Covid has exposed EE's flaws, why bring doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc if they won't be able to work on their field due to the difficulty of getting a valid license in Canada? Or are looked down upon because of their lack of Canadian Experience? We all know the infamous "Uber driver with a PhD" story, or ultra skilled professionals that end up working in professions well below their educational level.

Those major reforms might implement a NOI system in the whole pool, not just for PNP eligible people, and everyone with an in-demand occupation might get a significant point boost without going through the entire PNP process. Just speculating, but the gap between regular immigrants and "in-demand" immigrants will become very notorious.

I feel like the new streams, the "90k" is both a pilot to test the profiles of in-demand workers (age, professional profile) and the last chance for many non-essential graduates to get PR before a major reform that won't favour highly educated people as much as highly employable people.
With all due respect, these are not new issues affecting immigrants, people in Canada have been facing this much before covid occurred. It didn't really change the nature of immigration previously, other than the implementation of EE which just scrapped the first come, first served basis for a draw system. Licensing is always a challenge but if anything Canada has become more progressive on accepting the equivalency of foreign qualifications and designations. Many people believe immigration is not even really about first generation immigrants, it's about second generation immigrants, i.e. you will struggle but your children are who will be the real assets to the country because they will grow up in the Canadian system, immigration is a more longer term strategy than people may realise.

I'm not denying that immigration might get more targeted especially in the aftermath of covid, where large scale immigration might be more unpopular given the economic devastation of covid to people here. Everything you're saying is plausible, but so are many other scenarios too. I prefer to put credence in a concrete announcement not an interpretation of a few lines from a budget speech.

I do believe that skilled immigration to Canada will not always be this high, but again i think i believe in tying it to a particular policy which is real not a perception. For everything people are saying that targeted immigration may be the way to go, i can always point to the fact 8 million baby boomers are going to retire in the coming years, and the average age in Canada is above 40, and they need younger people to fuel their economy and balance their welfare state. So there are strong macroeconomic and demographic reasons why immigration will still not fall below a certain level.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
With all due respect, these are not new issues affecting immigrants, people in Canada have been facing this much before covid occurred. It didn't really change the nature of immigration previously, other than the implementation of EE which just scrapped the first come, first served basis for a draw system. Licensing is always a challenge but if anything Canada has become more progressive on accepting the equivalency of foreign qualifications and designations. Many people believe immigration is not even really about first generation immigrants, it's about second generation immigrants, i.e. you will struggle but your children are who will be the real assets to the country because they will grow up in the Canadian system, immigration is a more longer term strategy than people may realise.

I'm not denying that immigration might get more targeted especially in the aftermath of covid, where large scale immigration might be more unpopular given the economic devastation of covid to people here. Everything you're saying is plausible, but so are many other scenarios too. I prefer to put credence in a concrete announcement not an interpretation of a few lines from a budget speech.

I do believe that skilled immigration to Canada will not always be this high, but again i think i believe in tying it to a particular policy which is real not a perception. For everything people are saying that targeted immigration may be the way to go, i can always point to the fact 8 million baby boomers are going to retire in the coming years, and the average age in Canada is above 40, and they need younger people to fuel their economy and balance their welfare state. So there are strong macroeconomic and demographic reasons why immigration will still not fall below a certain level.
Plus they shouldn't just make these changes immediately right? There will have to be at least a few "normal" EE draws before the NOC ones? I am just hoping that French speakers get a chance.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Plus they shouldn't just make these changes immediately right? There will have to be at least a few "normal" EE draws before the NOC ones? I am just hoping that French speakers get a chance.
It'll take some time to introduce reform. Quebec's immigration reform bill was proposed in Feb 2019 and was passed in June 2019. Some of the language being used here is similar to what is being said about EE now:
https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.zao1bd

That being said, Canadian immigration in general has shown itself to be a lot more considerate than Quebec's system, so maybe we can expect a 4-5 month delay once a new bill is proposed. At the end of the day, all the hypothesizing in the world isn't going to make any difference. Just sit tight and wait till ~September. Keep documents ready. Start preparing for GRE/GMAT if you want to go the 'buy-your-PR' route. Focus on what you can do to maximize your chances instead of incessantly dwelling on what you can't have any control on.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
It'll take some time to introduce reform. Quebec's immigration reform bill was proposed in Feb 2019 and was passed in June 2019. Some of the language being used here is similar to what is being said about EE now:
https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.zao1bd

That being said, Canadian immigration in general has shown itself to be a lot more considerate than Quebec's system, so maybe we can expect a 4-5 month delay once a new bill is proposed. At the end of the day, all the hypothesizing in the world isn't going to make any difference. Just sit tight and wait till ~September. Keep documents ready. Start preparing for GRE/GMAT if you want to go the 'buy-your-PR' route. Focus on what you can do to maximize your chances instead of incessantly dwelling on what you can't have any control on.
I have an education in Canada that I recently obtained, but I'm continuing my education on a study permit, which make me ineligible for the new streams. Bottom line, I'm concerned, since I'm an FSW application and waiting for an ITA. Let's hope for an ITA in Sept like the usual ones "all prog's" and that's it. It's not about having a degree, there are many other factors.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021

The fact that applications were actually cancelled is shocking... bruh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.