+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirb

Apr 16, 2021
hi everyone in this forum. can someone please elaborate on the webform response i received regarding my status:
AOR Oct 28th,2020
FSW-O

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
• Your application is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
• The eligibility verification is currently valid.
• The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
• The security background verification has not been initiated.

Thanks for you responses

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Just want to chime in a bit although I’m not in the same boat (already got my PR and landed before the whole covid thing started) since I was talking to one friend of mine the other day about this same topic. Feel free to ignore this.

I feel like at the end of day these come down to how much you‘re willing to go to secure a PR here or in any other country. Other friends told me that Singapore, Australia, New Zealand were all welcoming to immigrants in the past, but they aren’t any more, and without a degree there, it’s pretty much impossible. It’s inevitable that Canada’s also going down that part given the insane amount of people applying for EE, be it FSW or CEC or PNP.

Time isn’t really on everyone’s side here. The more uncertainty the situation is, the harder it‘s to predict what’s going to happen. If you read Canadian news, you see how bad the government is dealing with the pandemic. The messages change everyday but there’s no hope in controlling the number of cases. Best case scenario would be for the vaccination effort to catch up with it and things go back to normal.

Meanwhile, people are still losing points day by day. Apply for PNP if you must, get a degree if you can, while the pathway to PR is still probable. Hope alone can get people only so far. At the end of the day it's how much you want it that will see you through. Sometimes I see people asking whether they should redo IELTS, learn French, or apply for PHP and waste $1500 or so — and I always want to comment just to say, hey, think about how bad you would feel if you miss the cut off point by that much, and you could‘ve done it if only you tried a little bit more.

Good luck everyone.
Good words of wisdom!
i further believe, life moves on..
Canada or no canada..i have lived in this fine country for 30 years.i can live another 30 as well.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
CEC pool would be pretty much empty as many future CEC applicants will use the new pathway instead and CEC draws have been constantly held.
Thousands of students will jump in. However, yes it will take them a lot of time to get their house in order@

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
hi everyone in this forum. can someone please elaborate on the webform response i received regarding my status:
AOR Oct 28th,2020
FSW-O

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
• Your application is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
• The eligibility verification is currently valid.
• The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
• The security background verification has not been initiated.

Thanks for you responses
It's exactly what you see there. Your eligibility is passed, your background/security either have not been started or are in process. Pretty typical FSW application status after 6 months these days.

junkproof

May 9, 2020
With the covid situation and new programs in place, things have become more unpredictable. Here's a scenario, if a person who is 27, has 475 points and is eligible only for FSW. Shall he wait for FSW draw till situation normalize, may it even take more than a year or one should apply for student visa and land in Canada asap?

Reactions: armitabbsn

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
With the covid situation and new programs in place, things have become more unpredictable. Here's a scenario, if a person who is 27, has 475 points and is eligible only for FSW. Shall he wait for FSW draw till situation normalize, may it even take more than a year or one should apply for student visa and land in Canada asap?
That's a tough call. If you're at 475 and only 27, you have a few years before your score drops. If FSW draws resume like they did last year, you have a fairly good chance of getting an ITA at some point. (This is not certain, clearly)

Only you can decide... I don't know your financial situation, how much you need to leave your country, and whether you actually want to go to school anyways.

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Never make immigration your first aim, always aim for self-improvement and career development. I have seen too many people wasted their healthy years just make decisions based on immigration. And, stop treating yourself like a refugee. So what you couldn't immigrate, it is not like you are a Syrian running away from war. My 2 cents here.
I Couldnt agree more. Basing our lives and plans on things that we have less control just improves our insecurities. I see a lot of frustrated people here. My wish would be they could find a goal which they can achieve on their own instead of relying on something/someone else. That is when you become stronger and even if you can't reach your goal, you know that it wasn't because of something else that you completely have no control over.
I wish everyone less frustration and more joy!

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Yes o. We should all avoid putting our lives on hold while waiting for PPR. We have zero control of this journey. Few years ago, express entry was predictable. We now live in a new world now. Move on with your life, you might even be in a much better place by the time PPR comes.

Reactions: Islander216
Status
Not open for further replies.