+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

90k fulfills the 2022 targets, they're already in canada and their paperwork probably will have been completed before the end of 2022. So we can say FSWs pretty much got no hope in 2022. If there are no FSW draws in the second half of 2021, we can assume 2023 is the only hope FSWs have left.
lol ok

D

Deleted member 1006777

For the record, I've been very positive about the FSW situation despite the pandemic's effects, you can read my previous posts. And I was really sure that FSW would continue in a few months thanks to the vaccines. So my intention is not to post useless pessimistic speculations that don't help anyone or anything. I really want to end up wrong about my very uneducated guesses about the future of FSW but this 90k stream gave me a whole new vision on what IRCC might be planning.
I get that you're frustrated but making baseless claims doesn't really do much good. It's not about being positive or negative. Like @Islander216 said, don't be reactionary. It is very natural to spout the worst case scenarios under the guise of "I'd love to be wrong but...", but what's the point? There is nothing that hints towards FSW being closed or delayed once travel restrictions are lifted. Focus on what you can actually do about it (increase your points, decide to get canadian work exp and education, if that's the direction you want to go).

If it helps, 90k does not fulfill the annual intake quota. The target is close to 110k this year and next, and in terms of ITAs issued, there is no reason they can't exceed those numbers.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I get that you're frustrated but making baseless claims doesn't really do much good. It's not about being positive or negative. Like @Islander216 said, don't be reactionary. It is very natural to spout the worst case scenarios under the guise of "I'd love to be wrong but...", but what's the point? There is nothing that hints towards FSW being closed or delayed once travel restrictions are lifted. Focus on what you can actually do about it (increase your points, decide to get canadian work exp and education, if that's the direction you want to go).

If it helps, 90k does not fulfill the annual intake quota. The target is close to 110k this year and next, and in terms of ITAs issued, there is no reason they can't exceed those numbers.
my current score is 474 and we are gonna evaluate my husband's Masters degree(WES) to get 2 additional points and by June my crs would be 476... Do u think till December is there any chance to get ITA? my IELTS expires in Dec :( retaking this test and getting 7 again in writing is just sth I dont want to think about :(

D

Deleted member 1006777

my current score is 474 and we are gonna evaluate my husband's Masters degree(WES) to get 2 additional points and by June my crs would be 476... Do u think till December is there any chance to get ITA? my IELTS expires in Dec :( retaking this test and getting 7 again in writing is just sth I dont want to think about :(
Nobody can say when or if they will resume FSW. Keep all your documents ready, and figure out how to time them with respect to ITA. I got a PCC a month ago, but if they don't have an FSW draw by spetember, I'll apply for another one. Other documents don't expire, so there's no reason not to have those ready to go. Try to get an AOR as quickly after a potential ITA as possible. Regarding retaking IELTS, practice every day, regardless of whether you need to retake it or not. If you need to retake it in november or december, you will have had 8 months of practice. If not, you'll come out of it with better writing skills. It's a win either way.

To answer your original question, yes there is a chance you'll get an ITA by december. How much of a chance, nobody can tell you that.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
For those who have submitted their applications post-ITA, and AOPR and is still waiting the final decision, what will happen if your IELTS expired during this period? Do you need to take a new one?

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Try to get an AOR as quickly after a potential ITA as possible.
I opened my profile 2 weeks ago. Score being 471; not as high as many others here, I might have to wait a while before the cutoff drops a little.
I was thinking of gathering documents that I will need after ITA so I can get an AOR very quickly. However I read somewhere about the validity of documents. Three main documents if I'm not wrong are - Job Experience Letter, Police Clearance and Proof of fund right?

Would you advise me to start gathering these documents or anything else now or should I wait?

D

Deleted member 1006777

I opened my profile 2 weeks ago. Score being 471; not as high as many others here, I might have to wait a while before the cutoff drops a little.
I was thinking of gathering documents that I will need after ITA so I can get an AOR very quickly. However I read somewhere about the validity of documents. Three main documents if I'm not wrong are - Job Experience Letter, Police Clearance and Proof of fund right?

Would you advise me to start gathering these documents or anything else now or should I wait?
PCC of your current country of residence is valid for 6 months. PCC from previous countries of residence will be accepted even if they are older than 6 months old.

PoF is tricky becasue they need a 6month average at the time of AoR, I'm not sure how stringent this is. But PoF is pretty easy to get compared to other stuff so I plan to wait until after I get the ITA to get it.

Job exp letter should be recent (I'm not sure of the timeline) if it is your current job, and if it is a previous job, it should be after you left it.

Medicals, I plan to wait until after ITA to avoid issues with expiry.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
you should start preparing for ielts, 476 is a good score. But if FSW doesnt start this year, 478 will be the minimum in next draw for FSW.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
only thing one should do is max out his score and that's it. No amount of optimism can change the facts. There will be no FSW draws in 2021.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my opinion vaccines and the status of the pandemic are irrelevant for FSWs now. I think what we see is a system change rather than damage control for covid's effects on the economy. Availability of the vaccines will speed up the processing of the current applications but I can't see any connection between that 90k, vaccines, and FSWs. We see that the desired occupations in that 90k list are in service and healthcare, that's a change in demographics which is inevitably a change in the system. Although I agree that the vaccinations will pick up and probably be done by Sept, I see diminshing chances for FSWs especially after this last announcement.
FSW isn’t going anywhere. The pandemic has highlighted that Canada needs also to focus on lower wage immigration in some lower skilled professions as well. We still need the highly skilled young immigrants as well. The program is in place because most of the applicants are already living in and working in Canada which is much easier to process versus immigrants that would have to move and find a new job in Canada. The pandemic makes it much more risky for applicants outside Canada because they will have to find jobs and housing on arrival which is much more complicated and difficult due to covid.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
guys is learning french easy? im here at 482 for FSW. Should i start with french now? help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.