+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2020
guys is learning french easy? im here at 482 for FSW. Should i start with french now? help!!!
I started last December-ish and took a long break between March and April. The recent 90k drama forced me to pick up my books again, but I still think I can reach B2 in December this year. So it is definitely doable. I'll be at 481 in several months too (3 yoe) but it's good to be extra ready when/if they resume FSW draws.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I started last December-ish and took a long break between March and April. The recent 90k drama forced me to pick up my books again, but I still think I can reach B2 in December this year. So it is definitely doable. I'll be at 481 in several months too (3 yoe) but it's good to be extra ready when/if they resume FSW draws.
thanks can you tell me how? did you study online or through a class room program?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
FSW isn’t going anywhere. The pandemic has highlighted that Canada needs also to focus on lower wage immigration in some lower skilled professions as well. We still need the highly skilled young immigrants as well. The program is in place because most of the applicants are already living in and working in Canada which is much easier to process versus immigrants that would have to move and find a new job in Canada. The pandemic makes it much more risky for applicants outside Canada because they will have to find jobs and housing on arrival which is much more complicated and difficult due to covid.
Yes, very true.

Some people here are too prone to big mood swings and don't look at the underlying situation rationally.

FSW is not going anywhere, CEC candidates on average are not as well qualified as FSWs, and why would Canada close itself off to all that highly skilled labour it could get from candidates abroad with foreign experience? Even now, look how hard it's been to offset FSW intake, they're basically scrambling to rustle up enough people inland. Do they really want to invite people with a score of 75 inland over people with 470+ scores who are outland? Let's be serious.

And before the CEC candidates start getting sensitive, i'm not saying that to disparage you guys, but it's just the reality of the situation that because of the boost in points for Canadian education and work experience, you can qualify for immigration with less qualifications than a FSW candidate. But the flipside of that is that an FSW who gets an ITA is usually more educated and has more skilled worked experience.

There is nothing to suggest there that FSW will not restart in 2022 if the situation here improves. I still think there is a small chance if we make big strides we could get an all program draw at the end of the year.

People can speculate, sure we all are speculating, but don't use that as a pretext to say all speculation is equally founded or unfounded. Tie your views as closely to the reality on the ground for your own sakes, so you are not prone to any big variations in optimism or pessimism because it's just unnecessary emotional stress.

You'll all be here in no time, in fact enjoy your home countries or wherever you reside, because once you're here you don't know when you'll get a chance to go back logistically.

Last edited:

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
These last two posts are the kind of posts we wish to see on here. Setting out the realities but still encouraging... we will all be alright!!

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Of course, there is no justifiable way through which IRCC can cancel FSW.... Dont lose hope boys.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I’m not a fan of people assuming cancellation of FSW. It’ll not happen anytime soon or later! I just want to see IRCC policy makers should make temporary policies for FSW inland workers too who deserve a chance of getting an ITA just like CEC because they are the same and contributing and not impacted by these travel restrictions. How can IRCC create policies putting aside these workers?

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I’m not a fan of people assuming cancellation of FSW. It’ll not happen anytime soon or later! I just want to see IRCC policy makers should make temporary policies for FSW inland workers too who deserve a chance of getting an ITA just like CEC because they are the same and contributing and not impacted by these travel restrictions. How can IRCC create policies putting aside these workers?
Isn't that exactly what they are doing with these recent programs?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
FSW is still a very relevant program to attract foreign talent to Canada, however, given the pandemic and current job market I think it makes a lot of sense they’re trying to make PR easier for those already living and working in Canada rather than bringing more competition to the job market.

FSW is extremely competitive because the entry requirements are the easiest to achieve compared to the other streams, but most people have low scores hence won’t get an ITA unless they improve their profiles.

Immigration is meant to benefit Canada, not the immigrant.

It doesn’t matter how prepared you are, the original premise of Express Entry was to prove an immigrant could get a job in Canada upon arrival and then be given the opportunity to get PR within 6 months (yes, that hasn’t aged very well).

People under CEC or the newer immigration streams also have their own struggles, being a TFW feels at times like being a pariah: employers are hesitant to hire you, can’t lease or finance a car, you won’t get a good unsecured credit card even with a +750 credit score, can’t apply for loans or mortgages, can’t renew health card online and to apply for one you need a lot of documents...Every day is a constant reminder that you’re paying taxes but you can still get kicked out anytime.

TFW have their own settlement struggles as well, but once you get your COPR, you’re in and no one will take that from you. So my unsolicited advice for those with high scores and waiting for FSW to resume is to be patient and prepare for your life in Canada, save as much money as possible and get your priorities set once you come to Canada. Where to move? Do you need a car..? Do you need any license or exam to work?
I agree, FSWs with high scores should not be worrying about if the next all program draw will happen, it will happen we just don't know when.

So instead, focus on doing some legwork into what you're going to do when you're here, once you've already got your dossier complete to apply.

Start thinking about what comes next.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
The public policy programs cover them 100%

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Isn't that exactly what they are doing with these recent programs?
There is no hope for FSW inland applicants for now. It's been four months almost and FSW inland applicants were not included in those temporary measures. Only PNP and CEC are eligible for those programs.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
There is no hope for FSW inland applicants for now. It's been four months almost and FSW inland applicants were not included in those temporary measures. Only PNP and CEC are eligible for those programs.
If you are FSW inland, and you're currently working, you will be qualified for new stream in May

Status
Not open for further replies.