+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
I have stayed in Canada for 10 years, study and work.
Because my Canadian work experience was in 2015, I am not eligible for CEC.
Because I have used my PGWP in 2015, I am then not eligible for this new stream.
I got CRS 487 but only eligible for FSW, which did not happen and guess will not happen in a short time.
I completed my master's in Dec. 2020 and now on a visitor visa. Can't work, hopeless.
Well played on this one Canada and IRCC. I am leaving.
Good luck to the rest of you.
I definitely feel you there. You’ve spent a lot of money and effort in Canada. However, focus on the bright side, your score is excellent and they about to start processing their backlogged applications. You and I have hope somewhere in between. I know exactly how you feel, but I’m trying to focus on the good things.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Seriously Dude!! IRCC just fucked us!! Our hopes are vanished! I’m thinking of going back too. There is no point in staying here with a score of 523 and continue supporting Canadian economy with taxes n all unless we get an invitation. Our future is in Limbo!

Good Luck to everyone else who are eligible in this new program.

Peace ✌
It seems that there are more people in a similar situation like me than I thought.

YsVV

May 25, 2017
I definitely feel you there. You’ve spent a lot of money and effort in Canada. However, focus on the bright side, your score is excellent and they about to start processing their backlogged applications. You and I have hope somewhere in between. I know exactly how you feel, but I’m trying to focus on the good things.
Thank you and wish you good luck with your application!

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Canada immigration office just don't wanna invite any outland applicants this year!!!! don't say it will be easier for them to do that, they just don't care about outland applicants!!!! so many people waiting and every one knows the processing speed will be definitely slow, but why they still don't wanna invite outlanders? those outland applicants who will be invited this year won't affect their measures about virus control at all!!! because, most likely all the people invited this year will get their documents processed and completed by next year!!!!
I guess most of the new PNP applicants are outlanders. So they are inviting outlanders

Reactions: Patman1978

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
They are taking outland applicants via PNPs. People over a certain score can't get nominations and thus no ITAs.

Why is still there a specific CRS sweet spot for PNP even though FSW general draws have been halted indefinitely?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
They are taking outland applicants via PNPs. People over a certain score can't get nominations and thus no ITAs.

Why is still there a specific CRS sweet spot for PNP even though FSW general draws have been halted indefinitely?
PNP's are supposed to meet specific province needs and provinces select them however they want. Also, PNP applicants are just a few hundred every month compared to 5000 of CEC applicants so inviting outlanders this way is okay I guess. OINP is exclusively inviting FSW's as there are no CEC's in their score range.

Patman1978

Apr 15, 2021
I guess most of the new PNP applicants are outlanders. So they are inviting outlanders
i am one of them in Nova Scotia. My CRS score is 488, and I've been waiting FSW-O draws for several months. Just received a LOI from NS. Do you think the process will also be around 1year or more...because of my outlander's profile? Instead of 6-9 months? This is my first post, and did not manage to find the NS PNP topic. Maybe not existing yet?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i am one of them in Nova Scotia. My CRS score is 488, and I've been waiting FSW-O draws for several months. Just received a LOI from NS. Do you think the process will also be around 1year or more...because of my outlander's profile? Instead of 6-9 months? This is my first post, and did not manage to find the NS PNP topic. Maybe not existing yet?
Discussions will be in the PNP section of the forum. PNP generally takes longer than a year. PNP section of the forum is here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

jsinghnijjar

Dec 2, 2020
Hey i have a few questions. I am a 31 years old ouland fsw with crs 470 dropping to 465 in may.
If i apply for 1 yr pg diploma then.
1. What are the chances of refusal as i already have an mba here in india and an EE profile.
2. After how much minimum my wife and my 3 years old son be able to join me there.

Thanks in advance.
Any personal experiences with similar situation would be even more appreciated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Must be nice to gloat
Maybe learn not to be so sensitive so that you can actually get the right information.

20k Temporary workers
30k Selected essential workers
40k International students who recently graduated

So in addition to the around 49k already invited through EE, that's 139k.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
If CEC is done, they will go for temporary residents. The last preference would be for FSWs. Considering that there are 600,000 international students already in Canada, it'll take a really long time to resume FSW draws. They will be able to achieve their targets for another 2 years with only temporary residents who're already in Canada.
Damn. That means I wasted ages learning French to get my CSR above 500 and if they only invite international students from now on then this means all my efforts will be gone to waste. This is so sad. I do hope that they will restart FSW however, but these comments are scaring me.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Damn. That means I wasted ages learning French to get my CSR above 500 and if they only invite international students from now on then this means all my efforts will be gone to waste. This is so sad. I do hope that they will restart FSW however, but these comments are scaring me.
Don't worry, Ontario will eventually have french speaking PNP draws. Eventually. Even if they stop FSW (which I don't think they will). PNP cutoffs will start going up.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Life moves on!
However, with this covid thing, i don't think any such migration would ever take place in our lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.