+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
It’s actually very shocking to see what this page has turned into. When we came on here last year all we had to deal with was the CEC trolls... lol. Anyway let me kuku leave the page for your people.
I know man, crazy times! Glad you got COPR, and we did suffer for many months of high uncertainty, but we got lucky with our ITAs coming late summer.
I'm stuck thanks to the Ottawa VO, at least eligibility has been Passed per GSCM notes..
Hoping for a successful vaccine rollout so travel restrictions are eased!

Reactions: Uncle Yayo

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Yesterday, Canada PM said the U.S.-Canada border restriction will not be lifted anytime soon. That is not good news.
Nothing new really given the Canadian vaccination is slow. The essential travels are not affected much. No point of opening border for non-essential travels.

Reactions: guelphite

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
There’s no point saying things like this here for God sake..if you check well, there are also fsw applications pending from 2018, and next year there will still be apps pending from 2019. Regardless that in no way means that draws will not happen. IRCC conducted 5k draws till the end of last year and those 2019 apps were still pending. I on the other hand applied in October 2020 and I got COPR early this month. You are not IRCC so please refrain from making such negative, speculative, and very unnecessary comments here.
Well said. Totally agreed. I am 2019 AOR FSW-O and there have been many, many applicants from the same stream that not only got AOR after me but PPR and COPR.

The same can be said about CEC. There are thousands of pending applications from this stream yet IRCC invited 27K new applicants not long ago.

There is no point being negative and demotivating the good people on this thread because only God and IRCC (to certain extent) know what is ahead.

What I’ve learned the hard way about immigration is that, whether good or bad, nothing lasts forever.

With each passing year more and more people are looking to migrate to first world countries in hopes of better future for themselves, their family and subsequent generations.
This is making migration extremely competitive.

With constantly changing criteria and rules no one is really safe.
So it’s better to make use of the time we have, than wait for the sun to shine again, because chances are it might not.

Few years back I missed Australian invite becoz of 4 days delay in submitting EOI. The delay was mostly due to my laziness to submit an EOI. I learnt a very harsh lesson thru this. Now the competition is so fierce that I will never receive an invite.

So it’s good to hope for the best but always better to prepare for the worst.
Well said.

No doubt the number of candidates in the pool will keep increasing for many reasons including the popularity of Canada's PR, global stability issues like in Africa (Libya, Nigeria, etc...), Asia (Middle East, South East Asia, etc...), etc... One can only plan and act upon on what's in his/her power and that's increasing CRS points in anyway possible.

Now is a great time to learn French, enroll MSc. etc... rather than waiting and assuming the last year's CRS trend for FSW will be maintained. I started Canada process in 2018 and that time the cut off used to be 440s. It jumped to 450s-460s in 2019 and 470s in 2020. If history shows us anything, it is that the cut off CRS for 2021 will again increase to possible high 470 or lower-to-mid 480. Target your highest possible CRS and work extremely hard to getting it rather than relying on wishful thinking.

This is not to discourage but to be realistic in an extremely uncertain time.

As I said above, I already got AOR but last month I enrolled in a MSc. program which is starting this fall. I am also looking to register to a French course. There's no telling what IRCC will really do with the FSW-O backlog, but it never hurts to prepare for any eventuality. The least French and MSc. will do is boost my CV.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
It is bad that people are leaving Canada but who are these people? Folks whose job is in a highly saturated industry. If you need to survive in Canada or any other country, you need to be highly skilled ( skills on par with the job market), an effective communicator, decent exposure to the Western world, and loads of patience. With just Bachelors's in Engineering, you don't expect a high-paying job in Canada unless you have demanding skills. Because you are competing with Engineers who studied in Canada and at times from the US. With a foreign hospitality degree, don't expect a decent job in Canada unless you are an effective communicator. Because you are competing with locals born and bred in Canada. I have seen people complaining about Canada that they are not able to get a job. It is tough but are you qualified enough? I am not trying to belittle anyone, but Canada needs highly skilled labor. At least that will be the case for the next few years. People really need to know top to bottom on their job market and evaluate their skill set. Before coming to Canada, you should be prepared with the right skills coupled with grit and determination. Many don't do any research or even try to update their skillset. Those are the people who are leaving Canada. In short, you need to be able to sell yourself in the job market. Never GIVE UP.
It's easy to discredit an article by picking a few pieces and reinforcing one's personal opinions based on cherry picked lines. Let's be honest here, they tried to keep that article smoother than the reality is. People end up doing hospitality jobs out of being left with no choice. And that industry was hit badly.

If you think people come here to do hospitality work, your thinking is flawed.

Clearly, you are not in the country.

Now, even highly skilled people who decide to come to Canada from the US do so because only super talented ones can stay back in the US. The average US state university MS candidate fits into that not so talented title. To add to that, I know people from good state universities in Asia currently averaging $180k in the States(overpaid). Sad thing is they can't stay back. They will never make it to the Berkeleys/Stanford/or UCLA.(let alone the Ivy's). They are willing to take a pay cut to live in a first world country and are moving to Canada or Australia. They bring that bogus attitude with them though.

Canada's top engineering graduates(Waterloo) usually find jobs easily in Washington and California. They don't want to work in Canada. There are some exceptions, but the rest are leftovers.

I didn't need to write so much, but the mere fact that you thought people with hospitality degrees moved here, and then couldn't find employment makes it a total waste of my time to even consider writing.

Seriously, you think people come here with hospitality degrees to find hospitality jobs ? Lol. They end up doing it to sustain themselves. They bought into the dream.

Don't say people don't do their research. You may be working in the tech field(in demand at the moment) and are concluding that those struggling are poor researchers/ or are less qualified.

You my friend are full of yourself, and deserve nothing less than a red carpet entry on arrival in Canada along with a diamond studded laptop case.

Last edited:

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Same is the case in Bay Area and Seattle. Houses that start from $1 million end up sold for $1.7 million because people are ready to shed money and nobody knows where this money is coming from.
These are EB5 investors. Or successful millionaires who were with the company during the seed stage. Or fools(employees with huge mortgages).

D

Deleted member 1006777

As I said above, I already got AOR but last month I enrolled in a MSc. program which is starting this fall. I am also looking to register to a French course. There's no telling what IRCC will really do with the FSW-O backlog, but it never hurts to prepare for any eventuality. The least French and MSc. will do is boost my CV.
How will french help if you already have an AOR? And do you know the consequences of applying for a student visa with an existing application for permanent residence? Doesn't that count as dual intent? Not sure if that's a thing for Canada.

D

Deleted member 1006777

These are EB5 investors. Or successful millionaires who were with the company during the seed stage. Or fools(employees with huge mortgages).
He also fails to understand that this is not the same as in canada. Housing may be expensive in the bay area, but the pay is also significantly higher than in canada.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
How will french help if you already have an AOR? And do you know the consequences of applying for a student visa with an existing application for permanent residence? Doesn't that count as dual intent? Not sure if that's a thing for Canada.
The first question is already by @cansha
The second question, MSc program is not in Canada.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I know man, crazy times! Glad you got COPR, and we did suffer for many months of high uncertainty, but we got lucky with our ITAs coming late summer.
I'm stuck thanks to the Ottawa VO, at least eligibility has been Passed per GSCM notes..
Hoping for a successful vaccine rollout so travel restrictions are eased!
Indeed. In retrospect, those few FSW draws from July to December feel like a boon. Hopefully the rest of the process won't have any hurdles besides the long delay, which is now inevitable.

drobchak

Sep 16, 2020
Yesterday, Canada PM said the U.S.-Canada border restriction will not be lifted anytime soon. That is not good news.
But why they do it? US is being vaccinated so fast that coronavirus is going to be extinct there by summer. What is the point of this travel ban? Virus mutations are going to get to Canada either way.

I am not from US but I can`t see enough logic behind those decisions. It is like they are still living in the world without vaccines

D

Deleted member 1006777

But why they do it? US is being vaccinated so fast that coronavirus is going to be extinct there by summer. What is the point of this travel ban? Virus mutations are going to get to Canada either way.

I am not from US but I can`t see enough logic behind those decisions. It is like they are still living in the world without vaccines
Maybe becasue vaccinated people can still catch and spread the virus, even if they themselves have the capacity to fight it. No place is going to be covid free. It is fairly common scientific consensus at the moment that covid is here to stay. Travel restrictions are to reduce the rate at which more transmissible/deadly variations get to canada. Just because they will get there anyway doesn't mean you just ignore precautions and do whatever.

Reactions: alexross and Rish92

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
Australia won’t lift their hard travel ban until end of the year.
The pandemic is far from over.
What I know is that many large Canadian universities have decided to reopen campus this coming Fall, at least the mix of in-person and online classes. I agree with the idea that this pandemic is far from over, perhaps we may need vaccinations for couples of year more just like flu, but the positive note is that the virus itself will become less deadly and less infectious as more people get the vaccines. We ultimately will co-exist with this virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.