+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Canada comes up with a new immigration stream targeting health care professionals. They've already done that for refugee claimants with health care work experience in Canada.
It is possible but then they may have to relax / update regulations around allowing foreign educated Doctors to practice in Canada.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is possible but then they may have to relax / update regulations around allowing foreign educated Doctors to practice in Canada.
Agreed. They should make this path easier.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Canada comes up with a new immigration stream targeting health care professionals. They've already done that for refugee claimants with health care work experience in Canada.
That’s what Australia has been doing for a year now. Only inviting healthcare occupations.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s what Australia has been doing for a year now. Only inviting healthcare occupations.
Interesting - I didn't know that.

I don't think Canada will go that way. We may create a special stream for healthcare workers, but we also need tech and other fields.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Interesting - I didn't know that.

I don't think Canada will go that way. We may create a special stream for healthcare workers, but we also need tech and other fields.
Yeah the extreme low levels of immigration in Australia are results of populist opinions, high unemployment rate, etc.

Anyway, I’ll stick to the topic. 478 CRS and eagerly waiting for the next FSW draw, whenever it happens.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Coolgal comes across as someone very bitter and unhappy about their life. They complain about Canada and the quality of life here, but they haven't left. They also seem to take joy in spreading negativity and potentially disheartening news to people who are (I believe) realistic but yet continue to be hopeful about their chances of fulfilling their Canada immigration goals in a pandemic.
I don't sugarcoat things. These are facts applicable to 90% immigrants. If you are in the 10%, good for you.

Lot of confirmation bias too in looking at that article from a 'it only applies to low skilled work' point of view.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I suspect the presence of a number of 'alt-accounts' here these days. Posting styles and content are remarkably similar to those of other accounts from the past and the purpose is obviously to troll. Be aware and don't engage much for improved mental health :)
People like sugarcoated stuff here, so I hear you. People come, are active on the forum for a while and leave. Who wants this really ? You think I can/care to sway people ?

And no one likes the truth.

Reactions: ForUs2020

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
At the end, there are no shortcuts. Migration to a new country is just the start. People who continue to work hard thrive. People whole feel they have some “superior skills” to others end up driving uber. At least that’s what I’ve seen. I might be delusional.

Reactions: RajKannan

kennymercy

Mar 10, 2021
I can understand the frustration many fsw are passing through it isn't easy anyway but I think it is better to be optimistic, believing that something good will come. Although, some people may feel that ircc don't care about fsw ers but I think they do,it is really biting at this time considering all the efforts to increase CRs scores and points lost for birthday of many in the pool.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I can understand the frustration many fsw are passing through it isn't easy anyway but I think it is better to be optimistic, believing that something good will come. Although, some people may feel that ircc don't care about fsw ers but I think they do
IRCC doesn't care. They aren't supposed to. They're meeting their numbers and that's all that matters.
I can understand the frustration many fsw are passing through it isn't easy anyway but I think it is better to be optimistic, believing that something good will come. Although, some people may feel that ircc don't care about fsw ers but I think they do,it is really biting at this time considering all the efforts to increase CRs scores and points lost for birthday of many in the pool.
I have no idea what this means.

Reactions: RajKannan

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
People whole feel they have some “superior skills” to others end up driving uber.
It may have been written to be sarcastic but this statement does have some truth to it. An IT professional with not so niche skills may get employment but someone with "superior skills" in niche area for example say pharma research may not get desired job because those jobs are hard to come by. And they may end up driving Uber.

Your point is valid that people need to work hard. But just because someone ended up driving uber doesn't mean they didn't have superior skills or they just had an illusion of superior skills. It is possible and it happens.

Reactions: coolgal and Rish92

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
It may have been written to be sarcastic but this statement does have some truth to it. An IT professional with not so niche skills may get employment but someone with "superior skills" in niche area for example say pharma research may not get desired job because those jobs are hard to come by. And they may end up driving Uber.

Your point is valid that people need to work hard. But just because someone ended up driving uber doesn't mean they didn't have superior skills or they just had an illusion of superior skills. It is possible and it happens.
Yeah.... That kinda came out wrong. I didn’t mean to mock driving uber as a job. I used to do cleaning jobs in Australia. I wanted to give an example thru job that one might arrogantly perceive to be below their calibre professionally and financially.

Reactions: cansha

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
It looks like the restriction will go on almost till ending of the year. The vaccination rate is very low. Canada lacks capacity to mass produce vaccines, and other countries that produce are putting their nations first. They are yet vaccinate up to 2m people out 38m population.

Status
Not open for further replies.