+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkstud1989

Feb 24, 2020
IRCC doesn't owe anybody anything. They don't need to "disclose" anything. The canadian immigration system is by far the most transparent and accessible. I'm as frustrated with the lack of FSW draws as anyone else, but I'm not being a little baby about it.

People who got a CoPR after March 2020 are not being allowed to enter Canada. International students may be, given some restrictions, and they may still not be allowed at the port of entry. In terms of family reunion, that's probably more of a human decision than a logical one. And of course citizens and existing PRs are being allowed, again depending on the reason for the return.

Regarding why quarantining and testing won't be enough is because those are things that reduce but not eliminate the risk of spread. Testing can never be 100% accurate. And just because you self quarantine in a hotel does not mean everyone is sensible enough to follow proper hygiene while quarantined. Vaccination efforts in Canada have also been laughable up until this point. Every little bit of caution can help save someone's life.

None of this is to say the decision to stop FSW draws makes sense, becasue like someone else mentioned, they won't get their CoPRs until next year. I'm just pointing out the possible reasoning behind the travel restrictions.
I didn't say IRCC owes anybody anything, I said "stop justifying their decisions as IRCC is not disclosing their true reasonings", just stop justifying if you don't know all the purposes. I'm frustrated, I'm not a little baby, and I'm not defending a decision that I didn't make and I don't know the whole reason.

I have almost no objection to the second paragraph, my point was if the decision was to restrict the spread of disease, they should have taken it more seriously, so it's not the only reason.

Before announcing the new rules, stats showed only 2% of daily cases were travelers, and analysis models show by end of April, new variants will be dominant in the country (even with new restrictions). Additionally, some travelers still entering the country which should be enough for the spread of new variants if 14-day quarantine is not sufficient.

Their decision may make sense if it's regarding other matters (alongside the spread of disease), for example, unemployment rate (or other factors), which could be crucial while the economy is recovering post covid (so even next year).

I understand and respect your points, I agree with most of them honestly, but I believe the most positive practice would be patience.

Last edited:

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Is this actually true ? I highly doubt it.
Very true. Few good people will tell you this. Beware of the ones who say 'the Canadian dream awaits'. Either they stand to gain from it(immigration consultants, lawyers, school recruiters) or they don't know.

One should be a second generation immigrant to thrive here(your children). Most first generation immigrants struggle unless they come here right after highschool to begin university.

Reactions: shank15

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
It hits hard when someone with similar/lesser qualifications as you(but Canadian) becomes your boss and doesn't give you enough of a say as you deserve.

It easy on the outside to say 'so what, I am happy to compromise', but in reality it is very very hard.

And then people buy a car to become their own boss.(Uber, Lyft etc.)

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
It's a bit of an exaggeration. But as a general rule of thumb, your first job will be a few levels lower than what you want, and just having a PhD doesn't guarantee getting a job you want. Again, that's true of any developed country.
exaggeration? I doubt if you re in Canada yet but ok. Whatever floats your boat. When you guys come in then you face the reality.

Reactions: coolgal

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
lol you're making his point for him. Yes, PNPs are by definition the most qualified because they address specific needs in the country.
There is a nuance. He means pnp gives one a 600 point boost(deserving or not is another question). In some provinces, even non skilled work can get you a pnp.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hi all,

May I ask where to upload in the online application:
1) police clearance, and
2) document checklist

Thanks in anticipation.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I'd rather work on my skillsets and improve than whine about the system being unfair. But yeah, I don't get it. Keep crying about it, I'm sure it will eventually help you out.

D

Deleted member 1006777

There is a nuance. He means pnp gives one a 600 point boost(deserving or not is another question). In some provinces, even non skilled work can get you a pnp.
Yes, I'm not making any statements about whether or not it's deserved, or whether it's justified. But just by the system that's in place right now, it's what the country deems worthy. It is what it is.

D

Deleted member 1006777

exaggeration? I doubt if you re in Canada yet but ok. Whatever floats your boat. When you guys come in then you face the reality.
I'm not in Canada, but I've lived in different countries, and it's the same everywhere with immigrants having some initial trouble with job hunting. There are very few fields where thatsearch becomes more manageable. I've heard all these pathetic sob stories before, even experienced some of them. You either adapt to the situation and market yourself better, or you sit and cry about it and become bitter and jaded with everything. The reality you and coolgal need to face is that if you really are having so much trouble there, it's you who is the problem, not everyone else.

hkstud1989

Feb 24, 2020
I'm not in Canada, but I've lived in different countries, and it's the same everywhere with immigrants having some initial trouble with job hunting. There are very few fields where thatsearch becomes more manageable. I've heard all these pathetic sob stories before, even experienced some of them. You either adapt to the situation and market yourself better, or you sit and cry about it and become bitter and jaded with everything. The reality you and coolgal need to face is that if you really are having so much trouble there, it's you who is the problem, not everyone else.
I was thinking about the exact same thing, if a person had a negative experience in a workplace once, it might be a miscommunication or an accident, if it happens in two different workplaces, that person may be extremely unlucky, but if it happens all the time and in every workplace, he/she is the real problem.
I am living in Canada for 3.5 years and have many friends (and members of community) who are working in different occupations, those kinds of experiences are extremely rare in skillful jobs but heard about it (nepotism or disrespect) a couple of times from friends who had general jobs (interestingly enough, some were immigrants too). However, I would agree that finding the very first job in any foreign country including Canada could be challenging for many.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I was thinking about the exact same thing, if a person had a negative experience in a workplace once, it might be a miscommunication or an accident, if it happens in two different workplaces, that person may be extremely unlucky, but if it happens all the time and in every workplace, he/she is the real problem.
I am living in Canada for 3.5 years and have many friends (and members of community) who are working in different occupations, those kinds of experiences are extremely rare in skillful jobs but heard about it (nepotism or disrespect) a couple of times from friends who had general jobs. However, I would agree that finding the very first job in any foreign country including Canada could be challenging for many.
I suppose people deal with uncertainty differently. If I remember correctly, you're still waiting for an ITA? Meaning you're on a work permit? Good for you for sticking it out. And good luck. I'm wondering why you're waiting for an FSW draw if you've been in Canada for 3.5 years already?

Reactions: hkstud1989

hkstud1989

Feb 24, 2020
I suppose people deal with uncertainty differently. If I remember correctly, you're still waiting for an ITA? Meaning you're on a work permit? Good for you for sticking it out. And good luck. I'm wondering why you're waiting for an FSW draw if you've been in Canada for 3.5 years already?
Yes still waiting for an ITA from FSW draw, but one more possibility, and yes, I'm on a study permit and last year Ph.D. student.

Status
Not open for further replies.