+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilema14

Aug 6, 2020
I am sorry to jump in, Can you please share what happened with your misrepresentation issue? As I am in the same boat, it would be really helpful if you can share your outcome

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Is there any chance to see FSW draw this week , since they are going to easing the lock down in Ontario from March 8th ?
Last time in summer when they resume FSW draw, it was related to the lock down.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Is there any chance to see FSW draw this week , since they are going to easing the lock down in Ontario from March 8th ?
Last time in summer when they resume FSW draw, it was related to the lock down.
Yes, there is a chance, but it is EXTREMELY unlikely. Last year, they resumed FSW draws a couple of weeks before border closures lifted. So the same may happen now. But the February draw was for more than 5 draws (2.5 months) worth of candidates. Realistically, I wouldn't expect another draw till May. Whether or not that would be an FSW inclusive draw is another question entirely. They may easily be able to get 5000 more CEC candidates by then.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
The article also mentioned that turning temporary residents to permanent residents will certainly meet their goals through 2022. Does that mean there will be less or hardly any or no chance for outlanders? I wish the Canadian government keeps us informed about their plans are..if they would continue all program draws..if so by when or they would halt all program draws for a specific period....if we are informed about these, we can plan our future with regards to our finances, jobs and efforts. It was disheartening to read an article published in CIC news about those people who left their jobs, sold everything and were ready to go to Canada but are now in their home countries with an uncertainty of what the future holds for them. I hope the government also considers the plight the outlanders are facing
These are extraordinary times mate. The govt is doing what it thinks is best for its people. We just have to be patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: May5ive

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
Yes, there is a chance, but it is EXTREMELY unlikely. Last year, they resumed FSW draws a couple of weeks before border closures lifted. So the same may happen now. But the February draw was for more than 5 draws (2.5 months) worth of candidates. Realistically, I wouldn't expect another draw till May. Whether or not that would be an FSW inclusive draw is another question entirely. They may easily be able to get 5000 more CEC candidates by then.
Totally agree! As local businesses are allowed to reopen, the government needs to fill positions with more temporary residents who are ALREADY in Canada and bring them back to market, boosting local and national economy. Unfortunately, lifting the limitation on international travel is a totally different thing, considering the situation that the COVID-19 is still not under full control. I don’t think the government will risk the whole country again to allow outlanders to come in.

D

Deleted member 1006777

that's where it gets a bit funny. they already enforce pcr testing and quarantine right after people land. I don't see how new people landing in canada can create any risks. should we understand from it that the 2000 CAD + quarantine action was enforced for nothing? this only indicates the government doesn't quite believe it works. why enforce it in the first place then?
Regarding this specific point, allowing people to land does in fact increase the risk. Testing and quarantine reduces it, but does not in any way eliminate it. Another fear could be the spread of more infectious variants like those in the UK and South Africa, which some of the vaccines aren't as effective against. We're all frustrated at what's going on, but not allowing people to land right now is a sensible decision.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Regarding this specific point, allowing people to land does in fact increase the risk. Testing and quarantine reduces it, but does not in any way eliminate it. Another fear could be the spread of more infectious variants like those in the UK and South Africa, which some of the vaccines aren't as effective against. We're all frustrated at what's going on, but not allowing people to land right now is a sensible decision.
Yes, apart from Johnson & Johnson, none of the vaccines provide complete protection. I feel like the US variant is far deadlier than Africa or UK. ...but, with that said, all the news outlets are saying Covid is here to stay. So, no point in keeping borders closed indefinitely.

There are actually pros and cons for both opening and closing borders.

Last edited:

hkstud1989

Feb 24, 2020
It should be noted that flights are landing and bringing travelers (citizens, PRs, and their relatives plus international students and ...), thus assuming this decision is made to stop the spread of COVID19 is not completely correct and I'm sure there are other purposes (economical or other). I can't imagine why quarantining for a certain period and testing before and after quarantine hotels can't reveal the positivity of a newcomer who has to accept all landing rules including quarantine hotels and 14 days isolation.
We have to wait until they resume FSW draws and stop justifying their decisions as IRCC is not disclosing their true reasonings, therefore no one knows their actual purposes precisely.

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
what the officials say contradicts what's been the reality for the last 5 years. they always heavily relied on highly qualified outlanders to meet their goals. in my opinion they're trying to pursuade people to go out of their way to pay canadian schools, this is needed due to how hard covid hit the economy. it'd still be good for everyone if canada really turned this into a buy-your-way-in system with no real merit other than money is sought, since people wouldn't have to worry about learning canada's languages good or their ages going above 29 or having 3+ years of work experience. but this wouldn't be good for canada as it would reduce the quality of immigrants, anyone can pay a canadian school and get the PR that way.
reduce what quality? most countries do it without any issue. Also if anyone could do it, why isnt everyone. you seem to know whats best for Canada, if something isnt going your way theres no point degrading others. be patient with your chance and stop devaluing people based on your perceived misfortune. They still have to get a skilled job right? so what is the reduced quality there. Everyone contributes one way or the other. there is no high quality or low quality immigrants. These are people with lives, different stories.

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
The current system is a point-based ranking system with varying cutoffs, indicating that a certain level of qualification is sought. Applicants get ranked based on several factors and the score they receive gets compared against the cutoff (or against other applicants' scores). The sole purpose of a point-based system is to ensure some level of qualification. I think my wording was a bit poor back there, but it's what it is.
yes but various factors determine score like age, so you cant measure quality by crs point. lots of phd holders with impressive foriegn resume mostly get entry level jobs here. i understand there is cut off but it doesnt determine quality. based on your logic pnp applicants are the most qualified since they have over 1000 points but we know its not the overall case. the crs point is a criteria for entry not quality

Reactions: dkincanada
D

Deleted member 1006777

It should be noted that flights are landing and bringing travelers (citizens, PRs, and their relatives plus international students and ...), thus assuming this decision is made to stop the spread of COVID19 is not completely correct and I'm sure there are other purposes (economical or other). I can't imagine why quarantining for a certain period and testing before and after quarantine hotels can't reveal the positivity of a newcomer who has to accept all landing rules including quarantine hotels and 14 days isolation.
We have to wait until they resume FSW draws and stop justifying their decisions as IRCC is not disclosing their true reasonings, therefore no one knows their actual purposes precisely.
IRCC doesn't owe anybody anything. They don't need to "disclose" anything. The canadian immigration system is by far the most transparent and accessible. I'm as frustrated with the lack of FSW draws as anyone else, but I'm not being a little baby about it.

People who got a CoPR after March 2020 are not being allowed to enter Canada. International students may be, given some restrictions, and they may still not be allowed at the port of entry. In terms of family reunion, that's probably more of a human decision than a logical one. And of course citizens and existing PRs are being allowed, again depending on the reason for the return.

Regarding why quarantining and testing won't be enough is because those are things that reduce but not eliminate the risk of spread. Testing can never be 100% accurate. And just because you self quarantine in a hotel does not mean everyone is sensible enough to follow proper hygiene while quarantined. Vaccination efforts in Canada have also been laughable up until this point. Every little bit of caution can help save someone's life.

None of this is to say the decision to stop FSW draws makes sense, becasue like someone else mentioned, they won't get their CoPRs until next year. I'm just pointing out the possible reasoning behind the travel restrictions.

D

Deleted member 1006777

yes but various factors determine score like age, so you cant measure quality by crs point. lots of phd holders with impressive foriegn resume mostly get entry level jobs here. i understand there is cut off but it doesnt determine quality. based on your logic pnp applicants are the most qualified since they have over 1000 points but we know its not the overall case. the crs point is a criteria for entry not quality
lol you're making his point for him. Yes, PNPs are by definition the most qualified because they address specific needs in the country.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Is this actually true ? I highly doubt it.
It's a bit of an exaggeration. But as a general rule of thumb, your first job will be a few levels lower than what you want, and just having a PhD doesn't guarantee getting a job you want. Again, that's true of any developed country.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I’m just glad outlanders still have a fair chance in Canada. No other country on the world map is as generous and fair as Canada is in regards to immigration. And I’m thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.