+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
Thanks dude
Here in France, four types of TCF test are available and the IRCC only accepts one type, "TCF Canada"
I have an appointment with a consultant on Friday to discuss trying to overturn the decision..
I'm serene enough about it all tbh, either it's all part of the grand cosmic plan that we realize our Canadian dream, either it's not!
That's unfortunate. I think you will lose your time trying to overturn it, you can consider it as a preparation for the next time you pass it. I do believe TEF Canada is better, probably a little easier and the score ranges are much larger, not 1-20 like TCF.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thanks dude
Here in France, four types of TCF test are available and the IRCC only accepts one type, "TCF Canada"
I have an appointment with a consultant on Friday to discuss trying to overturn the decision..
I'm serene enough about it all tbh, either it's all part of the grand cosmic plan that we realize our Canadian dream, either it's not!
Glad to hear you're still moving forward to make it work though. :)

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
It's strange, they used to accept TEF, TCF, TEF Canada, and TCF Canada. Now they only accept the 'Canada' versions of the exam. I'm glad I saw that before I signed up for my exam. Almost registered for the regular TEF. That would've been a waste of money and effort....
Phew :eek:
I searched and searched for proof that the IRCC used to accept the regular TCF (I can't imagine how else I made this mistake) - IRCC website screen shots from 2019 - but no joy
If anyone has anything I'd be eternally grateful!

That's unfortunate. I think you will lose your time trying to overturn it, you can consider it as a preparation for the next time you pass it. I do believe TEF Canada is better, probably a little easier and the score ranges are much larger, not 1-20 like TCF.
I took the TEF (computer version) last month. In fact I found the TCF slightly easier (notably the reading section)!

I wasn't going to ask for a review of the decision, then all this uncertainty over draws in the coming months started hitting hard. If there's the slightest chance I can get it overturned for a few hundred dollars consultant fees then I figure it's worth it ..

My argument will be that unless you falsify IELTS+ECA document information, it's impossible to pass the numerous steps of a PR application. A non-Canada TCF or TEF lets you sail through almost to the end, then they reject it :mad:

becmaws

Feb 18, 2021
I applied for the FSW stream. I've been in the pool since July 2020 but just recently got provincial nomination and now I have 1005 points. Desperately hoping they send out invites today because I am currently living and working in Canada but my IEC visa expires in a week!!! Got everything crossed.

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
Guys, I really need your help. Thanks to the comments of Andy Eddy, I just noticed a big mistake in my application. I already applied and sent the documents. I passed the IELTS twice, in my application I put the results of second IELTS, but the certificate number and dates remained of the first(I don't know why, I remember changing them). Will my application be rejected ? I will contact them with the webform and ask the to update the application.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Guys, I really need your help. Thanks to the comments of Andy Eddy, I just noticed a big mistake in my application. I already applied and sent the documents. I passed the IELTS twice, in my application I put the results of second IELTS, but the certificate number and dates remained of the first(I don't know why, I remember changing them). Will my application be rejected ? I will contact them with the webform and ask the to update the application.
Raise a webform and submit a letter of explanation which should clearly state the correct ielts details.

Reactions: apple121
Status
Not open for further replies.