+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Also stop assuming low CRS means stupid immigrant. Lots of highly skilled, intelligent ppl are old as hell, and points are greatly reduced, but they have lots to offer in terms of skills and experience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

ahmeda02

Feb 10, 2021
I am sorry for your situation.

But I just don't agree with your view on the unfairness. Your friends went there for studies and Canada gave them what they paid for. Canada doesn't owe them anything. They could have searched for jobs outside.

With this logic, every inland applicants must be guaranteed ITA under EE. Madness.
you are 100% right I totally agree that no one owe them anything. It’s just that they already live here, they just didn’t have the chance to get a job due to the pandemic. I just think that they should be treated the same way as other CEC applicants. And FSW applicant who already has a Canadian degree with 450 points can contribute much more to the economy compared to 75-point CEC applicant, considering that they both already live here :)

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Damnnn.. This insane stuff.. Talk about being unpredictable, whew hard to fathom 27000 ITA's in a single draw that's just crazy numbers.. Great stuff for the CEC applicants who might have been struggling due to this pandemic and bam a relief from up above that every single one of them do not have to worry about being on a temporary status.. Congrats my dear friends, this is definitely some very happy news and cause for celebration - drink up, get some takeaways, dance the night away!

I have to wonder what is the intention behind IRCC conducting such a massive draw, they could've carried on taking 5k draws (CEC only) bi weekly as was the case previously. I mean that is way better than taking 27k people at one time and suspending the program for 3 - 4 months when they could've accomplished the same task over the same period while reducing the burden of processing this huge backlog of application at once; it makes no sense for them to work in that fashion. Does it mean that FSW draws will resume within a month? Will it be that they don't envision any more draws for this years and pause the draw until further notice? Nobody knows and this is the most frustrating part of the process - the waiting game - what is IRCC going to pull of next.. Untill next month, let the speculations flow - The games have BEGUNNN..
That could be because IRCC doesnt want anyone in and out of the country at least till May 1st and in between many TRV holders will be out of status. If people are out of status then they are bound to leave Canada. So they probably thought that to bring everyone under status just give then an ITA. Another reason could be they want their frontline workers to stay in the country. That could be Plumber, Mechanic and even drivers besides nurses and senior care taker.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Very sorry for you guys, but it's clear IRCC have decided it's not worth the hassle with FSWs, most likely until later this year if not next year until the pandemic is sorted out.

I feel like it's a travesty but they decide.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
My assumption at this stage is that these 27,000 invites will have no bearing on the regular invite schedule. This was directly linked to the promise to provide a PR pathway for all temporary residents in Canada, many of whom were/are in the frontlines during the pandemic. IRCC still has a long way to go to reach their 2021 targets, so normal draws of ~5,000 per fortnight will probably continue as scheduled (they might of course be CEC/PNP only for some more time).

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys, so after narrowly missing out on converting my ITAs from 2019 and 2018, and after having waited a while with all the hope in the world, I have thrown in the towel.
I have been waiting for the home run and it has simply not materialised, so gonna do my masters now, I just got an admit at UofT for the mba program so hopefully things don’t change two years down the line. I am 29 btw so a little worried how this will pan out.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hey guys, so after narrowly missing out on converting my ITAs from 2019 and 2018, and after having waited a while with all the hope in the world, I have thrown in the towel.
I have been waiting for the home run and it has simply not materialised, so gonna do my masters now, I just got an admit at UofT for the mba program so hopefully things don’t change two years down the line. I am 29 btw so a little worried how this will pan out.
That's an expensive program, how a are you funding it?
You can still try get an ITA even while on program.

Reactions: guelphite

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Well said.

Manmeet S Rai (LegalFalcon):

What does today's draw mean for the immediate future of economic immigration and the pending applications?

Today's draw saw the lowest cut off ever since the express entry started in 2015. A cut-off of 75 was unimaginable and unheard of. However, this shows the desperation of the federal government to keep immigration going amidst the pandemic as Canada reached the lowest immigration levels since 1998.

The effects of the pandemic on Canada’s economy are visible. Millions unable to work, thousands of workplaces are forced to close their doors, and a ballooning debt due to indiscriminate government spending. The poor handling of the pandemic in early 2020 is what got Canada to this point.

In a desperate measure, since Canada cannot allow new immigrants to come due to strict border measures, the only alternative is to process anyone in Canada who meets the bare minimum criteria to become a permanent resident. A CRS score of 75 for CEC (Canadian Experience Class) means that if an applicant has a language proficiency test (with a CLB of 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or CLB 5 for NOC B jobs), 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada or equivalent in part-time, and does not intend to live in Quebec, and had a valid profile, received an ITA. Also, most of these applications will be approved since no matter how poorly the application is filed, or has missing documents, as long as it has documents that meet the bare minimum criteria, the application will be approved, since in no way can the CRS drop to as low as 75 for anyone who meets the minimum criteria. Eg. Age along give 100 CRS points to an applicant between the age of 20-29.

Canada’s ability to attract the most talented people to its shores has been one of this country’s hallmark. However, today's CRS cut off sidelined talent for sure and discriminates again many others across the globe who have been planning to make Canada their new home with much higher CRS scores.

On the bright side, the low cut-off also indicates that in the next few draws this trend could continue for CEC applicants, at least until the travel restrictions are relaxed. However, this may not spill into FSW and PNP programs as Canada can cherry-pick whom they want, based on the competitive CRS scores, and the bigger and stronger pool.

Today's draw also sends a clear message to applicants outside Canada, whose applications are being processed or pending a final decision, to not expect anything anytime soon. A lot of applicants who have expired COPRS, or have all the stages passed as per their GCMS notes, will continue to wait while CEC applications will be prioritized and receive COPRs.

The Liberal government's plans to welcome 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021, 411,000 in 2022, and 421,000 in 2023, seems to be a distant dream with the new variants of COVID becoming dominant in communities and Canada having the lowest vaccination rate per capita amongst developed countries. In a desperate attempt, the federal government has moved its focus on international students and Canadian Experience Class immigration applicants, to use them a milking machines, until the pandemic can be controlled.

While the federal government can justify that international students and individuals already in Canada are essential for the Canadian economy, but the government cannot downplay the immense talent and funds that new immigrants bring into Canada every year.

Saving Canadians from COVID should be a priority, but the poor messaging and lack of answers for immigrants waiting outside Canada surely undermines Canada's commitment towards prospective immigrants. If there are no clear answers for applicants who are waiting, then at least advisories should be issued on a timely basis on the protocol of how expired COPRs would be renewed as and when they expire, the process for the same, and a genuine effort to assure them that they are not forgotten.

Alas, today's CRS draw does little to calm the nerves of thousands who are anxiously waiting after having put their lives on a hold. Instead it is a slap on the face of those waiting, and will probably continue to wait, as CEC applications are processed and COPR issued.

Many of these CEC applicants, as soon as their immigration application is approved, and they become permanent residents, their immediate family members will be exempt from travel restrictions, thereby creating a class within a class of foreign nationals who can and who cannot travel to Canada, despite both having a COPR.

Currently the new quarantine policy is so unclear and arbitrary, that it is more of joke than an effort to genuinely fight against COVID. While thousands of prospective applicants wait, and will probably continue to wait until the travel restrictions are eased, the mismanagement of COVID and the lack of transparency and answers poses serious questions on the credibility of Canada's immigration system. It surely is far from fair in its current form.

Last edited:

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Milking machines?? Desperate? You all need to spend less time on the internet. The only thing Trudeau is desperate for is vaccine delivery so O'Toole doesn't con the country into voting for the conservatives.

My #1 complaint with IRCC is how they have handled the situation for people who got PPR last spring but couldn't travel because of restrictions. That absolutely should have been handled better. (I am not in that situation)

Everything else... IRCC isn't our friend. We just have to hope. And despite its flaws, it is the best in the world which is why we are all here.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Congrats! Rotman is an excellent school.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Milking machines?? Desperate? You all need to spend less time on the internet. The only thing Trudeau is desperate for is vaccine delivery so O'Toole doesn't con the country into voting for the conservatives.

My #1 complaint with IRCC is how they have handled the situation for people who got PPR last spring but couldn't travel because of restrictions. That absolutely should have been handled better. (I am not in that situation)

Everything else... IRCC isn't our friend. We just have to hope. And despite its flaws, it is the best in the world which is why we are all here.
Well said. Creating panic now is not at all to anyone's benefit.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
IRCC could surprise us with an all programs draw this week...anything is possible.

CEC/FSW/FST/PNP - all streams are important, let’s just be kind and respectful to each other.

This is just February and change is the only thing that is constant. No one expected IRCC to send out 5k ITAs but they did, no one thought the scores would ever drop to 468 after seeing 478 but it did.

We don’t know what IRCC will do next but what we can do is improve scores, keep an open mind and stay healthy.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
IRCC could surprise us with an all programs draw this week...anything is possible.

CEC/FSW/FST/PNP - all streams are important, let’s just be kind and respectful to each other.

This is just February and change is the only thing that is constant. No one expected IRCC to send out 5k ITAs but they did, no one thought the scores would ever drop to 468 after seeing 478 but it did.

We don’t know what IRCC will do next but what we can do is improve scores, keep an open mind and stay healthy.
I agree with this. Even at 471, last year, I was so scared . IRCC surprised us with 5000 ITAs. They can decide to start all programs draw sooner than we all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.