FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Yeah, people saying that they did a big draw to obtain money because from the application fees are clueless lol. Couple million CAD for the federal government is peanuts, most likely it just covers some of day-to-day operations to run the thing..
If they really wanted money for this, they could be easily be charging 4x or 5x and it could be justified...
10000% lol. Canadian budget is about 300 billion dollars a year. 3 million is 0.001% of 300 billion. Probably the most absurd thing I've read on this site.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
people of very low qualifications got invited who would have never had a chance at receiving an invite. sure you can believe what reality you like. your reality suggest that anyone who somehow ended up paying taxes for a year in canada fits the requirements canada seeks. what is the point of having a cec stream? do you also believe the next step is to remove cec and just invite anyone with 1 year of experience in canada? go look up draws history, cec really started coming up after the pandemic. I don't see any views to be entitled to here, it is a fact that people with 200-300 crs got invited and we all know what kind of qualification gets you that kind of crs.
They invited people who’re contributing already to their economy doing skilled labour. These are students who spent their a lot of time and almost all their money in Canada.

Reactions: Jass7146 and Rish92

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
people of very low qualifications got invited who would have never had a chance at receiving an invite. sure you can believe what reality you like. your reality suggest that anyone who somehow ended up paying taxes for a year in canada fits the requirements canada seeks. what is the point of having a cec stream? do you also believe the next step is to remove cec and just invite anyone with 1 year of experience in canada? go look up draws history, cec really started coming up after the pandemic. I don't see any views to be entitled to here, it is a fact that people with 200-300 crs got invited and we all know what kind of qualification gets you that kind of crs.
It sounds like what's upsetting is the fact that low qualified CEC applicants were selected over much more qualified FSW applicants. I get that and it does seem unfair and somewhat illogical that they accepted individuals with such low scores. It was also very unexpected that they did one large draw vs. several smaller draws. I don't work for the government and have no idea why it was done this way.

I was just saying that the large CEC draw isn't a money-maker for Canada. That's all. Immigration fees have never been a revenue / income generating stream for Canada.

Will be interesting to see what EE draws look like moving forward from here...

Blueberry138

Mar 11, 2020
If you look at the historical data of express entry, the number of invitations issued including all streams:

2021- 37986 ITA as of today
2020- 107350 ITA
2019- 85300 ITA
2018- 89800 ITA
2017- 86022 ITA

So we surely have some hope here for the FSW folks in 2021!

Also, the total economic immigration target for 2021 is 241500, that would explain one ITA might roughly equal 2.2 people if using 2020 data.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I really wish Australia had a system similar to CEC, prioritising tax paying inland applicants with jobs over outlanders.
I would’ve been sipping margaritas on a sun soaked beach right now, if they had done that.

But reality is I’m at CRS 478, in India, eagerly waiting for the FSW draw to change my fortunes.

Reactions: Jass7146

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
I really wish Australia had a system similar to CEC, prioritising tax paying inland applicants with jobs over outlanders.
I would’ve been sipping margaritas on a sun soaked beach right now, if they had done that.

But reality is I’m at CRS 478, in India, eagerly waiting for the FSW draw to change my fortunes.
You do have a chance, as when they hold a FSW draw

Reactions: Rish92

Danifola

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
They invited people who’re contributing already to their economy doing skilled labour. These are students who spent their a lot of time and almost all their money in Canada. Not some keyboard warrior who’s whining half way across the world and hopes to get picked having no ties to the country.
Oh please shout that. Tell them.
what if the so called high skilled jobs are Practically useless right now during the pandemic, I know a lot of IT tech and high skilled workers that are Canadians already, that lost their jobs. It’s the low skilled jobs that they think deserve nothing, they are the ones keeping the economy moving right now, from grocery store clerks, to regular support workers, cleaners, nannies etc. People are working from home, they need childcare providers.. so what about those people. So because of some high skilled outlanders, that might not even get jobs right now, the struggling ones don’t deserve nothing. I wonder how pple think this way

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I cannot comprehend how “outlanders”, people with no ties to the country, think they should be prioritised over genuine visa holders, already in Canada, working, paying taxes, building a life in Canada - Just because these inlanders are apparently “low skilled”. Seriously?

Thats some next level entitlement.

PS - I’m an outlander myself.

Last edited:

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
I cannot comprehend how “outlanders”, people with no ties to the country, think they should be prioritised over genuine visa holders, already in Canada, working, paying taxes, building a life in Canada. Just because these inlanders are apparently “low skilled”.

Thats some next level entitlement.

PS - I’m an outlander myself.
True. No ties to the country and they think permanent residency is some kind of privilege that they have been denied.

Canadian education and work experience is obviously more valuable than foreign education in Canada. Plus these are people with skilled jobs who pay taxes and are already contributing to the economy.

It makes safer and it makes more sense to prioritize them over foreign workers.

Reactions: manisingh2301

123hope

Sep 19, 2019
Reading through your comments and I just shake my head. So you think people here with low score don’t know how to write their names. So it’s fair for you to get ITA. But people that live here, pay taxes, worked front line during pandemic, paid international student school fees, graduated and have low score for one reason or the other don’t deserve ITAs. Better to vent in a reasonable way and put other into consideration. What about when FSWs were getting ITAs biweekly and nothing for all those already here struggling already.
People who have graduated with a canadian degree, have work experience and speak good english(assuming they need to speak the language while living in canada) CLEARLY would have MORE POINTS than 75. So dont try to justify anyone here, everyone has the right to share their own opinion on what they think is fair or unfair. So in my opinion, according to the points system set up by the canadian govt for A REASON, this could be the right thing to do in a pandemics right now, but clearly not fair for the highly qualified non-cec applicats who are losing points due to age.
And as for fsw-s getting itas biweekly; fsw general draws included and gave a chance to literally EVERYONE inlands and outlands. Was more than fair to each and everyone of us, based on merits and qualifications. And if a person living in canada, already with a lot of extra points for canadian work experience and canadian degree points, still wasnt able to get an ITA, then i dont know what to say. Being treated equally is only fair (not forgetting those extra points)
I am not gonna discuss on this anymore since i think its pointless. We all have our own views in this situation, and we all want what we think is fair for us.

Reactions: nns14

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Oh please shout that. Tell them.
what if the so called high skilled jobs are Practically useless right now during the pandemic, I know a lot of IT tech and high skilled workers that are Canadians already, that lost their jobs. It’s the low skilled jobs that they think deserve nothing, they are the ones keeping the economy moving right now, from grocery store clerks, to regular support workers, cleaners, nannies etc. People are working from home, they need childcare providers.. so what about those people. So because of some high skilled outlanders, that might not even get jobs right now, the struggling ones don’t deserve nothing. I wonder how pple think this way
And even if you go by their ‘more skilled’ logic, there’s no guarantee that outlanders get skilled jobs here.

Majority of the FSWs I’ve seen here end up working in supermarkets and warehouses. But, the people who were invited at minimum have skilled work in Canada.

Reactions: Danifola

Danifola

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
And even if you go by their ‘more skilled’ logic, there’s no guarantee that outlanders get skilled jobs here.

Majority of the FSWs I’ve seen here end up working in supermarkets and warehouses. But, the people who were invited at minimum have skilled work in Canada.
Exactly, they come in with FSW, claiming skilled workers this and that. And I know some that are nannies, and work regular low skilled jobs. Like everyone else.
the entitlements from this folks is just amazing. Everyone Wants a better life for themselves and families, so why all the venting about who deserve this and who doesn’t, so annoying.

Reactions: guelphite
Status
Not open for further replies.