+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
People who have graduated with a canadian degree, have work experience and speak good english(assuming they need to speak the language while living in canada) CLEARLY would have MORE POINTS than 75. So dont try to justify anyone here, everyone has the right to share their own opinion on what they think is fair or unfair. So in my opinion, according to the points system set up by the canadian govt for A REASON, this could be the right thing to do in a pandemics right now, but clearly not fair for the highly qualified non-cec applicats who are losing points due to age.
And as for fsw-s getting itas biweekly; fsw general draws included and gave a chance to literally EVERYONE inlands and outlands. Was more than fair to each and everyone of us, based on merits and qualifications. And if a person living in canada, already with a lot of extra points for canadian work experience and canadian degree points, still wasnt able to get an ITA, then i dont know what to say. Being treated equally is only fair (not forgetting those extra points)
I am not gonna discuss on this anymore since i think its pointless. We all have our own views in this situation, and we all want what we think is fair for us.
So you say that the points system is set up for ‘A Reason’ by the government, but the same government giving preference to inland candidates has no reasoning behind it ?

It’s because it’s safer, more logical and easier to grant permanent residence to temporary residents. These people already have skilled jobs, unlike most FSWs who take forever to settle.

The government has all the details of temporary residents already. Most temporary residents aren’t eligible for EI or CRB and are contributing to the country doing frontline work.

They are just being rewarded for their hard work. No point sitting thousands of miles away and getting jealous. People get what they deserve.

Danifola

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
People who have graduated with a canadian degree, have work experience and speak good english(assuming they need to speak the language while living in canada) CLEARLY would have MORE POINTS than 75. So dont try to justify anyone here, everyone has the right to share their own opinion on what they think is fair or unfair. So in my opinion, according to the points system set up by the canadian govt for A REASON, this could be the right thing to do in a pandemics right now, but clearly not fair for the highly qualified non-cec applicats who are losing points due to age.
And as for fsw-s getting itas biweekly; fsw general draws included and gave a chance to literally EVERYONE inlands and outlands. Was more than fair to each and everyone of us, based on merits and qualifications. And if a person living in canada, already with a lot of extra points for canadian work experience and canadian degree points, still wasnt able to get an ITA, then i dont know what to say. Being treated equally is only fair (not forgetting those extra points)
I am not gonna discuss on this anymore since i think its pointless. We all have our own views in this situation, and we all want what we think is fair for us.
You just answered your own argument, everyone deserve to be treated equally. And no insult here
Do you think everyone that graduated always get a high skilled job in Canada.
I will enlighten you a bit, now left to you to understand how it works here.
An international student comes to Canada, pays thousands in tuition, and taxes graduates with a computer science degree, 4 years. Get PGWP of 2 years ( passport expiring, so you can only get a work permit based on your passport expiration date, and you must apply for PGWP after graduation).
you try to find a job for months on end in your field, nothing, pandemic happens makes it even worse. You find a regular low skilled job maybe PSW, just so your PGWP doesn’t expire without a Canada experience and you got bills to pay (does don’t wait for nobody).
you take the job, and do your one year, do your celpip and score all 9. CRS Score is still less than 400 because your job is in NOC C or D. you don’t qualify for nothing but CEC. And now you get a chance like everyone else when all hope was lost. Do you still think those people with low score are not entitled to get ITA? A lot of cases here, people with good degrees having to work low skilled jobs. It’s not all green on the other side. Lol

Danifola

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
you can get up to 600 points sitting thousands of miles away. please see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html which is defined by the law of government of canada. and it has been accepting outland immigrants, which are the majority of all immigrants, since 2017. the system is designed to reward canadian interaction by giving additional points for canadian degrees and work experience. there is also a dedicated stream called canadian experience class for those with at least one year of canadian work experience. though there haven't really been cec draws prior to covid as canadian degree holders and people with canadian experience are already greatly rewarded in the regular stream. I don't know why you're turning an information sharing board to a battlefield for your psychological problems and self-hatred
The same system that’s designed to reward CEC stream like you said, just rewarded them With 27000 plus ITAs, so get over it and let’s hope FSW resumes soon, and covid becomes a thing of the past. So people like you with this high skilled jobs mentality can join us doing low skilled jobs, like food delivery drivers and all the fun jobs. Then you will understand better. That you skill job, mean nothing until you get a proper Canadian education and get lucky finding a job in your field

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I cannot comprehend how “outlanders”, people with no ties to the country, think they should be prioritised over genuine visa holders, already in Canada, working, paying taxes, building a life in Canada - Just because these inlanders are apparently “low skilled”. Seriously?

Thats some next level entitlement.

PS - I’m an outlander myself.
Who's thinking outland should be prioritized over inland applicants??

As I said before, inland applicants are already given EXTRA POINTS for education and work experience in Canada. Isn't that enough?

Anyways, this is a thread for FEDERAL SKILLED APPLICANTS and the discussion should be for that. CEC should have their own separate thread to discuss. We are never going to agree because this matter is very subjective and bias.

PS: I am FSW-O with AOR already.

Reactions: 123hope

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
True. No ties to the country and they think permanent residency is some kind of privilege that they have been denied.

Canadian education and work experience is obviously more valuable than foreign education in Canada. Plus these are people with skilled jobs who pay taxes and are already contributing to the economy.

It makes safer and it makes more sense to prioritize them over foreign workers.
No, it doesn't make sense. Stop fitting into your fantasy. Canada wants to grow its economy and the way to do that is BRING MORE PEOPLE IN. If Canada is already collecting tax from you, then there’s no growth. The only benefit from you (CEC) is retention. This is a perfect situation for them to permanently retain CEC because they cannot bring more customers.

No business grows without bringing new customers (applicants) and Canada is essentially a business entity that wants to grow its revenue (Economic).

FSW is a privilege because Canada needs it. Canada is not doing FSW because it's nice and caring (that's what Refugee category is for) but it needs skilled workers.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
"All is fair in love and war"... and immigration. People like to think they have control over things because it makes them feel better, but it is all just luck.
And I wish everyone good luck, except those who complain about the successes of others.

ahmeda02

Feb 10, 2021
I have been living in Canada for more than 3 years now (came as a student) and since I don't have a 1 year of work experience I can only apply under FSW. I know a few friends like me who graduated before the pandemic starts and couldn't secure a full time job yet. Their points are around 450 and yet they have been waiting for ITA for more than a year now. It's unfair that they didn't get a invitation under FSW even if they have been living here for years now!

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I have been living in Canada for more than 3 years now (came as a student) and since I don't have a 1 year of work experience I can only apply under FSW. I know a few friends like me who graduated before the pandemic starts and couldn't secure a full time job yet. Their points are around 450 and yet they have been waiting for ITA for more than a year now. It's unfair that they didn't get a invitation under FSW even if they have been living here for years now!
I am sorry for your situation.

But I just don't agree with your view on the unfairness. Your friends went there for studies and Canada gave them what they paid for. Canada doesn't owe them anything. They could have searched for jobs outside.

With this logic, every inland applicants must be guaranteed ITA under EE. Madness.

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
No, it doesn't make sense. Stop fitting into your fantasy. Canada wants to grow its economy and the way to do that is BRING MORE PEOPLE IN. If Canada is already collecting tax from you, then there’s no growth. The only benefit from you (CEC) is retention. This is a perfect situation for them to permanently retain CEC because they cannot bring more customers.

No business grows without bringing new customers (applicants) and Canada is essentially a business entity that wants to grow its revenue (Economic).

FSW is a privilege because Canada needs it. Canada is not doing FSW because it's nice and caring (that's what Refugee category is for) but it needs skilled workers.
You do realize most of the CEC applicants were study permit holders at one point. 1 year student fee is far more than what any of the FSW applicants are required to bring in/spend. Since you're talking about this from business standpoint think about how many new students are gonna look at this and apply to study here. And folks who got picked in CEC category have worked in a Noc 0,A or B job for atleast a year, so whats all the arguments about cic giving "unskilled people" invites.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
You do realize most of the CEC applicants were study permit holders at one point. 1 year student fee is far more than what any of the FSW applicants are required to bring in/spend. Since you're talking about this from business standpoint think about how many new students are gonna look at this and apply to study here. And folks who got picked in CEC category have worked in a Noc 0,A or B job for atleast a year, so whats all the arguments about cic giving "unskilled people" invites.
The argument was about fairness. At least, that's what I was debating against. Not "unskilled" people.

A lot of CEC and International students bring about spending in Canada, already settled, etc... points which are very valid. But they conveniently forget to mention that they get EXTRA points for Canada education and job experience. So, I don't understand where the unfairness is coming from.

The only reason CEC are getting the focus is because IRCC wants to reach its target and the only way now to do is via people inside Canada already due to travel restrictions. If they wanted to give PR on plate to CEC, they would have done so very regularly (instead of one draw per year) before the pandemic.

Reactions: shank15

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Everyone has their time. Its CEC time.. let them enjoy, they deserve it.

But when its time for general draws with more luck shining on FSW...I don't want to hear pim!!!

Let everyone wait for their own time.
You are absolutely right.

I am always happy for ANYONE that receives ITA and anyone who receives it DESERVES it.

It took me a whole year (2018) to get the high IELTS score and ECA to get ITA, so I understand very well the struggles.

CEC vs. FSW will always be a pointless debate because of emotions and bias-ness involved.

Here's me stopping this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.