+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
This is unfair! So why do they put the point system, when it clearly doesnt matter at all! I hope they even know how to write their name! This is unfair for highly qualified outlanders with high points who invested effort, time and money to achieve higher crs! Im fsw.. and im losing hope..
"I hope they even know how to write their name!" - very Canadian style lol
and I hope you will be able to learn better manners once you arrive here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Canadian economy doesn't seem like it's doing well. Resorting to mass ITAs for RPRF isn't a good sign.
You're mistaken in this assumption.

Canada doesn't make money off RPRF or processing fees. It costs more to process immigration applications than IRCC collects in fees from applicants.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They will get alot of money in from visa fees quickly by doing it this way. I wonder if the financial injection was a motivating factor?
This seems to be a common misconception. No, this isn't a revenue stream. It's the opposite. It costs Canada more to process the applications than the fees collected from applicants.

123hope

Sep 19, 2019
It’s not fair but at the same time, they believe people already in Canada would be able to adapt better. They are already in Canada, therefore their landing and transition to permanent residents would be easier. People aren’t even allowed into the country right now. There’s so many restrictions. Why give Fsw applicants copr when they wouldn’t be able to come to Canada due to restrictions? Many of the ones who were given copr last year are still not able to travel to Canada due to restrictions. This decision isn’t fair but it makes total sense. Don’t lose hope. I’m very sure the FSW draws are coming soon.
Yes you're right to some extent, but still it would have been better to issue the invitations before we lose more points due to age :( we have already lost 10 points due to age these past 2 years, and we will lose another 5 in June. So as much as we have maxed out our points in ielts and tef, we lose those points due to age. We don't mind waiting for the file processing, as long as we know we are safe not to lose any more points, if that makes sense.

Reactions: Jimmychoo

123hope

Sep 19, 2019
Clearly there are quite a few ways to immigrate. Each individual has the choice to take whichever path they think they fit in. If you chose not to come and work here to be able to fit under CEC, it's was your choice and only yours. Immigration is not a charity. There is no such a thing as fairness.
It is not at all a matter of choice! Not every one is lucky enough to find a job and get a work permit as easily as you're making it. Especially now with covid restrictions.

123hope

Sep 19, 2019
"I hope they even know how to write their name!" - very Canadian style lol
and I hope you will be able to learn better manners once you arrive here
Good for you that you have learned "canadian style" :) please don't tell me that you are one of those 75 pointers :) otherwise why would this sentence bother you so much? Just mind your own business and let people vent, would you? Thanks :)

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Good for you that you have learned "canadian style" :) please don't tell me that you are one of those 75 pointers :) otherwise why would this sentence bother you so much? Just mind your own business and let people vent, would you? Thanks :)
I am not one of them :) I worked on my score and received ITA way before, but it is always "fun" to see how people like you show support to others. Good luck!

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
You're mistaken in this assumption.

Canada doesn't make money off RPRF or processing fees. It costs more to process immigration applications than IRCC collects in fees from applicants.
Yes, your statement makes sense... but what I meant is that... they might be trying to cover some of that loss from vaccine purchases and overall pandemic expenses.

Each person pays C$1,325 and there are 27,332 ITAs. So that's C$36,214,900 (not counting dependents). A pretty hefty sum.

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Really kudos to that applicant for the courage of creating an EE profile with just 75 points. Who would have thought an EE draw would pick up that low of a score? But again, we don’t know their circumstances. To be eligible for CEC, one only needs have a valid language exam (based on NOC) and 1 year Canadian work experience. The applicant might’ve just declared that, didn’t bother doing an ECA or getting a job offer or learning French and could’ve lost a lot of points due to age.

Or could be a fake profile trying to troll IRCC.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, your statement makes sense... but what I meant is that... they might be trying to cover some of that loss from vaccine purchases and overall pandemic expenses.

Each person pays C$1,325 and there are 27,332 ITAs. So that's C$36,214,900. A pretty hefty sum.
Yeah no - that's not how it works in terms of federal government budgeting and funding. Vaccines have been funded through other means.

The applications will cost approximately twice that amount to process. What isn't covered by the fees collected from applicants will be covered by money paid by Canadian taxpayers. Once you are a PR and are living and working in Canada, a portion of the taxes you pay each year will go towards subsidizing immigration application processing.

Reactions: NOC98 and ita_drgen

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
it doesn't make sense for the govt to spend more than they'd make especially during a pandemic that's already been exhausting the financial systems. an fsw brings more cash than a cec. an fsw brings at least $13k (proof) + $1.3 (process) + $2k (quarantine) = $17k. that's more than what most cecs pay for taxes in the first year.

the reason that pushed the govt to invite a crs300 was the strong need for cash.
It may not make sense to you, however the costs of processing applications are very well known and have been published by the government for years. For a long time, application fees only covered approximately 30% of the total costs to process applications. Recent application fee increases have raised this to 50%. The remaining 50% is covered by taxpayers.

In terms of why IRCC has issued such a large number of application, months ago the Liberal government said they would be making more paths available to immigrate to those working in Canada. They are making this commitment real through the large draw.

Danifola

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Reading through your comments and I just shake my head. So you think people here with low score don’t know how to write their names. So it’s fair for you to get ITA. But people that live here, pay taxes, worked front line during pandemic, paid international student school fees, graduated and have low score for one reason or the other don’t deserve ITAs. Better to vent in a reasonable way and put other into consideration. What about when FSWs were getting ITAs biweekly and nothing for all those already here struggling already.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Yeah no - that's not how it works in terms of federal government budgeting and funding. Vaccines have been funded through other means.

The applications will cost approximately twice that amount to process. What isn't covered by the fees collected from applicants will be covered by money paid by Canadian taxpayers. Once you are a PR and are living and working in Canada, a portion of the taxes you pay each year will go towards subsidizing immigration application processing.
Yeah, people saying that they did a big draw to obtain money because from the application fees are clueless lol. Couple million CAD for the federal government is peanuts, most likely it just covers some of day-to-day operations to run the thing..
If they really wanted money for this, they could be easily be charging 4x or 5x and it could be justified...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
govt has no need to employ more officers than they need for the mega draw. they'd have invited the same number over 3 months. they did it in a single draw because they need people to apply asap. cec was a good call for that because they are quicker&easier to process => less cost per application. also, they couldn't justify inviting 27k outlanders with a crs cutoff of 200 to anyone, so they did cec.

this has nothing to do with the govt's promise. remember that people with crs300 maybe less got invited. the intention is not to invite literally anyone who worked in canada for a year, but to invite people with high qualifications. you get more points and a dedicated stream if you have contributed to canada's economy by paying taxes at least for a year. however, you still need to possess other qualities such as good command of english/french, education etc. crs300 or even less who got invited doesn't fit this profile, but it's the pandemic.
You're certainly entitled to your views. However these fees are a drop in the bucket of the overall federal budget and the fees aren't a money maker for Canada. That's the reality whether you like it or not.

Reactions: Melchett and cansha
Status
Not open for further replies.