Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
What in the world just happened? How the Heck are they going to process all of this?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
There’s a separate announcement stating the decision behind the ginormous draw: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/skilled-workers-in-canada.html?fbclid=IwAR08eQOBR6J8jJWSuo7MlbH5x6r_-EwQKVDP0E9e5LUv8t-9MhbKNw7IqXo

Most notably, approximately 90% of CEC candidates are already living in Canada. This means they’re unaffected by current travel restrictions and won’t face the same barriers as overseas applicants when gathering the required documentation and undergoing criminality and medical screening. Those invited to apply who are not currently living in Canada will be able to travel once restrictions are lifted.

All travel restrictions for permanent resident applicants approved after March 18, 2020, remain in effect. IRCC will continue to accept and process Express Entry applications and looks forward to welcoming skilled workers from abroad when travel resumes.

Last edited:

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
There is only one explanation for this uncharacteristic draw: no more draws for a long time (not even for CEC and PNP). This large ITA would keep them busy for a long time. I would even go as far as saying till September. Because if we go by the usual 4k every month for CEC/PNP, then this 27k one can keep them busy for 6 months. Not so palatable future for FSW/FST.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I also want to know this. Over 45 years old, primary or secondary school education and low ielts scores is the only thing I can think of.
Take note, to meet CEC eligibility requirements you don’t even need to submit an ECA. You just need a CLB 5 or 7 and 1 year of Canadian work experience to be invited. At 45 years of age with spouse accompanying, you’ll fetch higher points than 75.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
There is only one explanation for this uncharacteristic draw: no more draws for a long time (not even for CEC and PNP). This large ITA would keep them busy for a long time. I would even go as far as saying till September. Because if we go by the usual 4k every month for CEC/PNP, then this 27k one can keep them busy for 6 months. Not so palatable future for FSW/FST.
There are always two draws per month, not one, two draws of 5000.... That means 3 months, not 6.

Reactions: BlindGoku

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The latest draw doesnt make any sense to me/ just becuz of Covid they are accepting everyone in Canada without any criteria , while many fsw applicants with really high score are loosing points becuz of their age or ilets expiration. I just dont get it

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I’m just short of words...

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Thanks buddy! Really looking for some positivity.
Let me share my story with you...
I had requested my university in India to send in my transcripts to WES Canada in the month of November through the university's website. I paid the fee and received an email saying "application received transcripts will be sent in 15 working days".
I had done my bit and it was now time to wait and relax.

Come December my transcripts were still not sent to WES!

I called my university multiple times and begged them to send my transcripts and the management would always say "we will send it this week positively".

Even after 100s of calls and emails January started and yet my transcripts were no where to be found....

So in January i finally decided to take a flight and go to my university and ask them in person to send in my transcripts. It took me a week to even meet the concerned person for this job. After requesting the guy multiple times finally in February my transcripts reached WES.

It was a frustrating task!

Now because of this DELAY my WES report was delayed and i missed the 4th March all program draw and then we all know how COVID-19 messed up the world
I am flying to Canada for sep Intake. For 2 years pg course. So should I take my university transcript with me in seal pack ( will submit after 3 year while applying for PR)? Is this possible ?

theodoreyang

Mar 5, 2018
It's still hard to understand why they issued a massive draw once, instead of separating them into several draws of 5000. Perhaps the processing of CEC is faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.