+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Are these BC PNP draws restricted to only CEC applicants who received BC nominations, or also FSW applicants with BC nominations?

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hello guys. So I submitted my profile yesterday (FSW-Outland). Still the same yesterday, I got a job offer (Postdoc) in Canada. Given the uncertainty surrounding FSW, and my current family status (my wife is pregnant and I am currently not working), I want to apply for work permit, so as to get into Canada as soon as possible (14 weeks processing time here in South Africa). I am sure to get an ITA (CRS 493) when next all program draw resumes, and which would certainly be before work permit is issued, but the work permit is sure to be issued before I get my PR through EE.

So, here are my questions:

1) What happens if I accept the ITA, apply and then enter Canada with work permit while my EE application is ongoing?

2) How does my application change from outland to inland?

3) Would I need to send my passport back to my VPO eventually?

NB: Staying and waiting for PR to be issued (which might take six or more months) is not an option for me, as explained, so, kindly divert answers and suggestions away from that.

Immense gratitude.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Hello guys. So I submitted my profile yesterday (FSW-Outland). Still the same yesterday, I got a job offer (Postdoc) in Canada. Given the uncertainty surrounding FSW, and my current family status (my wife is pregnant and I am currently not working), I want to apply for work permit, so as to get into Canada as soon as possible (14 weeks processing time here in South Africa). I am sure to get an ITA (CRS 493) when next all program draw resumes, and which would certainly be before work permit is issued, but the work permit is sure to be issued before I get my PR through EE.

1) What happens if I accept the ITA, apply and then enter Canada with work permit while my EE application is ongoing?

NB: Staying and waiting for PR to be issued (which might take six or more months) is not an option for me, as explained, so, kindly divert answers and suggestions away from that.

Immense gratitude.
I’m not a complete expert, maybe other people know, but I will answer based on my knowledge in Canada processing.
1- it’s OK. Nothing major changes, but I think you have mention on your profile when you submit the work permit that you have a submitted EE application, that is of course, if you receive an ITA and apply prior to the work permit application.
If I were you, I’m submit my work permit application because things are uncertain nowadays and a Postdoc position is worth it, I think.

2- Inlands and outlands FSW are processed the same way.

I don’t know the answer of 3.
Ma
the PR process through EE takes about 9 months if not even more nowadays with COVID, but this may change sooner than later. Who knows?

maybe other people will provide better input on your questions than m

Reactions: Mykematt

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

Immense gratitude.
If you change your residential address, you have to inform IRCC right away. So when it’s time to issue your COPR, they’ll send the right instructions.

currently, in Canada applicants don’t have to send their passports to visa office, they receive their COPR in their IRCC account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mykematt

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
I’m not a complete expert, maybe other people know, but I will answer based on my knowledge in Canada processing.
1- it’s OK. Nothing major changes, but I think you have mention on your profile when you submit the work permit that you have a submitted EE application, that is of course, if you receive an ITA and apply prior to the work permit application.
If I were you, I’m submit my work permit application because things are uncertain nowadays and a Postdoc position is worth it, I think.

2- Inlands and outlands FSW are processed the same way.

I don’t know the answer of 3.
Ma
the PR process through EE takes about 9 months if not even more nowadays with COVID, but this may change sooner than later. Who knows?

maybe other people will provide better input on your questions than m
Thanks so much for this. I agree. PR isn't in good standing now. Work permit is a faster option.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
If you change your residential address, you have to inform IRCC right away. So when it’s time to issue your COPR, they’ll send the right instructions.

currently, in Canada applicants don’t have to send their passports to visa office, they receive their COPR in their IRCC account.
Oh great. That simplifies it then. Upon entering Canada with work permit, I'll simply notify IRCC about a change to my residential address. Hopefully, by then I would have gotten ITA and applied accordingly. Thanks for this clarification.

Last edited:

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Y
Oh great. That simplifies it then. Upon entering Canada with work permit, I'll simply notify IRCC about a change to my residential address. Hopefully, by then I would have gotten ITA and applied accordingly. Thanks for this clarification.
Yeah, it wouldn't make sense that you'd need to courier your passport out of Canada anyway, since IRCC told me they send them to the local VO for outlanders so that it's close to them. But you wouldn't be in SA anymore.

dengan_lancar

Dec 27, 2020
It has nothing to do with the lockdown. The draws did not stop last year in March and April.
The most possible reason is that they are figuring out a more efficient way to process applications before sending out more ITAs.
I agree with your point, and it is not totally a bad thing for FSWer because we would be just as struggled and desperate if we received ITAs but IRCC could not process our applications.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Seems like they are still working on CEC August AORs according to myimmitracker. Day by day, I'm leaning towards the assumption of a 9 month wait time.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Seems like they are still working on CEC August AORs according to myimmitracker. Day by day, I'm leaning towards the assumption of a 9 month wait time.
Well is processing for all outlanders stalled? Cos I can see a lot of PPRs for outlanders specifically from Nigeria. Even ones from Oct have PPR. So is it really 9 months??

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Well is processing for all outlanders stalled? Cos I can see a lot of PPRs for outlanders specifically from Nigeria. Even ones from Oct have PPR. So is it really 9 months??
Most are stuck at Ottawa. If you are lucky and get transfer to an office with light workload, maybe it will be faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.