+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hovered around in this forum in 2018 with a hope to get all the necessary information to make my profile strong for express entry but right at front of my eyes I saw the scores jumping from 440 - 450 - 460, making it almost impossible for me to make the cut. Someone being in late 30s, time was against me and I had to do something, hence I started looking for other avenues and then finally decided to follow education route. I again started in December 2019 with writing my IELTS academic tests, WES course by course assessments and then applying to all the desired universities. I was accepted in 6 different Universities, finally selected one and Applied for study permit. Unfortunately I received the refusal within 12 days and I thought , that's it this is the end of my dream. Age clock was also ticking as I turned 38. I finally decided to give one last attempt and Applied again and guess what, my application got approved on 8th Feb 2021. I received my passport request. So finally I am traveling Canada by April last week and now in a process to apply for SOWP for my spouse and TRV for my 3 year old child.
I am writing this here, to let you know that if you feels it's impossible to make the cut in EE/PNP, try study route. I know it is lengthy and expensive but aren't we all here to take those risks
Awesome story mate! Also, you come across as person who is very genuine and not someone who is bragging on how you are so great to overcome all the obstacles.

Wish you all the best for your studies and PR later.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
So, if a general draw comes (hopefully), you guys are ready for the ITA? CRS points all good? I hope you all get it, good luck!

nickcsd

Feb 10, 2021
Anyone know when the website usually gets updated? Has it generally been right as the draws happen, or does it take them a few hours before they are able to update? A bit concerned about the prospects of a draw today since based on the times listed on past draws I would think it already would have happened.

Smithens

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Anyone know when the website usually gets updated? Has it generally been right as the draws happen, or does it take them a few hours before they are able to update? A bit concerned about the prospects of a draw today since based on the times listed on past draws I would think it already would have happened.
As of late, draw results ,if there is a draw happening, show within the next hour and a half

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Guys, many parts of Canada is still under stay at home under for the next 2 weeks. Draws won't happen until the order expires. So best bet is a draw will happen by the end of Feb. And more realistically, beginning of March. Just stop raising your hopes in the next 2 weeks and go on with ur lives...

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Guys, many parts of Canada is still under stay at home under for the next 2 weeks. Draws won't happen until the order expires. So best bet is a draw will happen by the end of Feb. And more realistically, beginning of March. Just stop raising your hopes in the next 2 weeks and go on with ur lives...
It has nothing to do with the lockdown. The draws did not stop last year in March and April.
The most possible reason is that they are figuring out a more efficient way to process applications before sending out more ITAs.

Last edited:

saly118

Oct 29, 2019
It has nothing to do with the lockdown. The draws did not stop last year in March and April.
The most possible reason is that they are figuring out a way to process applications before sending out more ITAs.
To support your valid point, I would say recently immigration targets has been set exactly in the middle of the pandemic. So, I couldn't agree more with your thought on this.
I hope this delays are related to total upgrade in IRCC application processing method and automating that, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.