+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
In this situation, IRCC have reason to invite more CEC ppl, since most of CEC candidates are in Canada and currently working, especially in essential businesses, and I know that a lot of them need the Itas to open the Bridging Work Permits. It doesnt matter what IRCC announced, they will just do what's best for the economy in the contemporary case, many other countries even stopped accepting immigrants since the Covid.
But I think the 2nd wave is going to be stopped soon, looking at the chatrs. So we can expect fsw draws to come back soon, unlike last year. I cant imagine how many landing PRs will there be after the end of Covid..must be a lot a a lot

Reactions: shank15 and sun2088

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
What is the point of making grand announcements like taking in 400k+ immigrants per year if IRCC is looking at the situation objectively?
I'm just saying, things can change, a target is just that a target, it's not set in stone and it is subject to review and modification.

I still think there will be many invitations provided but things could change to a certain extent. There will also most likely be an election on the horizon and that can change things too.

They've never said explicitly that they would give CEC candidates preferential processing but they have, up to recently they were processed in the same way as FSW as well. Likewise, prior to last year CEC only draws were very rare, only one had been done way back in 2015 before it became a recurring theme last year. Now we're seeing that occur again.

The situation is fluid.

Last edited:

fmfame

Jan 2, 2021
Hi, mine is 475, under the current pool it is a quite promising socre, but I cannot find suitable PNP with my NOC.
Another thing is my current job requires me to learn Spanish, so technically 475 is my highest as I cannot stand the language mix.
I am worried if IRCC keeps postoning FSW, and with the French score thing, the score will climb to a new level....
475 is a really good score, considering I rejected my last ITA and re-entered in the pool at 470 .

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Do you think that draw won’t come for more than 3 weeks ? I agree with you
I have no opinion, cause I don't think anyone should. Nobody knows what will happen. Not even IRCC. The pandemic is constantly evolving.
My friend, while I agree with you that there could be a significant backlog but I couldn't disagree more with you on IRCC discouragement to draw candidates. Canada now needs more fresh residents than before to accelerate post pandemic back to normal.
Then why stop drawing FSWs now again?

bookworm28

Jan 22, 2021
I learnt french to gain some points...got 5 points for french to reach a total of 470... But now fsw draws have stopped... Got birthday coming up in may...what a bummer.
Totally how many months it took you to learn french to score those extra 5 points?

My Birthday is coming in April so I'm thinking to follow that path

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
I also believe that canada can’t lock down for too long. People are adapting fast with COVID unlike 2020. Specific draw won’t go for too long like last year.

Reactions: shank15

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
People aren't "adapting" we still have some of the strictest measures in place at the moment in terms of lockdowns, and the curfew in Quebec might get renewed, and there have been multiple setbacks because vaccine producers have not been able to supply as many vaccines as they were committed to provide.

In time it will get better but that process has been slow even after the vaccines have been discovered because of issues with logistics.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
People aren't "adapting" we still have some of the strictest measures in place at the moment in terms of lockdowns, and the curfew in Quebec might get renewed, and there have been multiple setbacks because vaccine producers have not been able to supply as many vaccines as they were committed to provide.

In time it will get better but that process has been slow even after the vaccines have been discovered because of issues with logistics.
Yeah, right now it's going really slowly, especially compared to some other first world countries.

Less than 3% of the population has received a single dose (halfway to full vaccination).

And the daily rate of vaccination is very low.

It seems that these are likely the things that need to drastically improve before we see major changes to travel restrictions and PR processing.

Source 1 and 2.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, it will get better, there is a shipment of about 1m doses on the way, and now they're starting the process to produce vaccines in the country itself.

But that will take time to bear fruit, it's not the government's fault, the EU has also started to implement export controls for vaccines produced in the EU, and most are produced there.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Everyone here has good facts and I'm happy that everyone is getting engaged in this discussion.

My main reason for suggesting that countries should open their borders are given below.

The above image shows us the number of deaths in the US due to Covid-19 from Jan 01, 2020 to Jan 30, 2021. A time period of 13 months.
The stats tells us that, 97.5% of all deaths from Covid-19 are from the age demographic of 45+.

What we know about Covid-19 from the news:
  • Vaccines have been shown to be 50% to 90% effective.
  • Immunity lasts 3-8 months, varies person to person.
  • Vaccine rollout is extremely slow.
  • Vaccine takes at least 2 doses per person to be effective.
  • Covid-19 virus mutates at least once a year.
  • Likely to become new seasonal flu.
  • Herd immunity is yet to kick in most countries.
  • 80% of the total population are asymptomatic.
I feel like... If we wait for every single person in Canada to become immune through vaccination. Borders will never open.

Last edited:
Reactions: nns14

jsinghnijjar

Dec 2, 2020
Totally how many months it took you to learn french to score those extra 5 points?

My Birthday is coming in April so I'm thinking to follow that path
I did extensive study for a total of around 6 months... I could have got more points as i missed clb 7 in listening and speaking by a very thin margin... so to answer your question 6 months is the minimum i would suggest but the good thing is after 6 months if i study for maybe 2 or 3 more months with same intesity i can get clb 7 in all modules which will give 62 additional points...so its a safety net which would cover yours age even if you (god forbid) dont get an ita before your next birthday.

realtemp

Sep 7, 2019
Tough Situation_ECA-Query_ Any problem with ECA Evaluation for Two Distance Courses as years overlap?
I have enrolled in two Distance education courses in the following years.

MBA-Distance- (2018-2020), 2 years.
PG Diploma -( 2019-2020) 1 Years. (ECA completed)
Colleges : Different Universities/College.
Note that the year in pursuit coincides.
I would really appreciate it if someone could shed light on this grave concern if it’d be a problem to do ECA with WES for MBA as I have already did by WES for PG.
will they flag me as invalid certificate??

please let me know, I am floating in thin air.

Regards
Temp

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
I did extensive study for a total of around 6 months... I could have got more points as i missed clb 7 in listening and speaking by a very thin margin... so to answer your question 6 months is the minimum i would suggest but the good thing is after 6 months if i study for maybe 2 or 3 more months with same intesity i can get clb 7 in all modules which will give 62 additional points...so its a safety net which would cover yours age even if you (god forbid) dont get an ita before your next birthday.
U took offline classes or prepared on ur own??? Ur guidance might help many of us!! Can u explain ur journey of learning french a lil more??

jsinghnijjar

Dec 2, 2020
U took offline classes or prepared on ur own??? Ur guidance might help many of us!! Can u explain ur journey of learning french a lil more??
I did a mix of both... I started on my own...then studied from an online tutor/guidance councilor for 4 months... Took 3x1 hour sessions weekly in an online google classroom...rest studied on my own for 2-4 hours daily. You can check the youtube channel of my tutor on youtube with the name bbarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.