Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Well they certainly won’t be ok to just relax and let the apps pile up. For one thing, the mandate letters do make these guys accountable - 400K landed immigrants target can’t be ignored and they will be under pressure to deliver it. Secondly, immigration directly contributes to a non negligible part of Canada’s GDP. Each day they delay immigrant landings is a day less of wealth creation in the country.

So they certainly won’t sit back and relax, and will be actively trying to put measures in place to fix the situation.
Eloquently stated.

Reactions: jrossi

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Buddy, I've crossed the 6 month mark and my application is not moving. COVID has messed standard timelines up. We all have to just be patient. :p
Lol I know I have to be patient can’t help but vent :p. Hope you get yours soon.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Well they certainly won’t be ok to just relax and let the apps pile up. For one thing, the mandate letters do make these guys accountable - 400K landed immigrants target can’t be ignored and they will be under pressure to deliver it. Secondly, immigration directly contributes to a non negligible part of Canada’s GDP. Each day they delay immigrant landings is a day less of wealth creation in the country.

So they certainly won’t sit back and relax, and will be actively trying to put measures in place to fix the situation.
You’ve got a point on the economic impact. But you should also note, the unemployment situation will also be a major counterbalance for any such decision. That may also cause them to slow down the pace.

YNWA

Jun 20, 2019
Hi guys i saw that CIC website Processing time update as on 08.01.2021:
"When the 6-month processing standard begins (when the application is submitted based on the application received date in the Global Case Management System)".
So does this means 6 months start from AOR ???

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
Hi guys i saw that CIC website Processing time update as on 08.01.2021:
"When the 6-month processing standard begins (when the application is submitted based on the application received date in the Global Case Management System)".
So does this means 6 months start from AOR ???
Yes.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

There is a simple solution if they cannot admit 400k immigrants this year, just make another grand announcement of taking in maybe 500k immigrants per year from next year onwards and keep increasing the target year after year.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
There is a simple solution if they cannot admit 400k immigrants this year, just make another grand announcement of taking in maybe 500k immigrants per year from next year onwards and keep increasing the target year after year.
Exactly! People don’t take their plans too serious, they have no obligations for these numbers, it’s only an indication of their intension to welcome immigrant. However, number of immigrants and exact years can be reconsidered so many times due to external factors such as COVID, employment situation, etc.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Correct - I knew that all along. It's just counting down 6 months from AoR, not the time left to process your application. It used to have some meaning (although limited), but now it doesn't really mean anything. Mine updated after 6 months and said, "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process".
Hmm...maybe you can try the GCMS I hear so much so you can know which part is not being assessed yet.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hmm...maybe you can try the GCMS I hear so much so you can know which part is not being assessed yet.
Thanks! I have requested notes twice, and they show that security has not yet begun, so the app isn't moving. It's been like that since September 2020.
Lol I know I have to be patient can’t help but vent :p. Hope you get yours soon.
That's fair. :p Thank you, same to you!
Thanks again for your feedback, are you aware if the IRCC has contacted anyone that was approved lately or overall after 18/03?. I appreciate the support.
I'm not aware of such. Perhaps ask that in the month-specific AoR threads. Maybe May and June.

It does seem like it will increase the backlog, yes. But Canada lost jobs in December again, with the second wave of COVID. So, the economy is not stable yet. Also, allowing immigrants in would increase the COVID risk in general. And bear in mind, there is politics involved with this as well. If you're a Canadian and you've lost your job due to economic decline, and you're scared of getting COVID, you may not want your government to start allowing immigrants in right now. Politics is not always based on facts, but often on feelings. The Liberals would have to choose a good time to sell that to the general population. There are so many factors involved here. We just have to wait until things are calmer.

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

I posted this in the May 2020 thread, but I thought maybe some people look here for a "Ray of Hope" :)

I seem to have received the golden mail :D
I received the "Ready For Visa" email that asks me to submit my passport... so I think it's all good ! :D
Now left to see is how long Sydney, Australia takes to process the visa (between 4 days and 3 months they write, talk about an estimate !)

Here's my timeline:
FSW-Outland
VO: Sydney, NS
AOR: May 2nd
Medical: February 28th
Biometrics: August 3rd
Passport Request: January 10th

We're getting there people, best of luck !

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I posted this in the May 2020 thread, but I thought maybe some people look here for a "Ray of Hope" :)

I seem to have received the golden mail :D
I received the "Ready For Visa" email that asks me to submit my passport... so I think it's all good ! :D
Now left to see is how long Sydney, Australia takes to process the visa (between 4 days and 3 months they write, talk about an estimate !)

Here's my timeline:
FSW-Outland
VO: Sydney, NS
AOR: May 2nd
Medical: February 28th
Biometrics: August 3rd
Passport Request: January 10th

We're getting there people, best of luck !
Congratulations, and thanks for sharing! I'm sure the folks in this thread would also be interested to know: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2020-aor-join-here.686609/page-200#post-9112793. :)

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Immigration targets also have a range:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2021-2023.html

So there is a lower limit, it's not because they say up to 400k that it absolutely must be 400k or else someone loses their job.

Immigration at this point in time is not really a priority politically for locals.

It's a long term priority to rejuvenate a shrinking and an aging population.

Also expect immigration to be a hot button issue when the elections come around.

Reactions: EscoBlades

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Immigration targets also have a range:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2021-2023.html

So there is a lower limit, it's not because they say up to 400k that it absolutely must be 400k or else someone loses their job.

Immigration at this point in time is not really a priority politically for locals.

It's a long term priority to rejuvenate a shrinking and an aging population.

Also expect immigration to be a hot button issue when the elections come around.
If its not a priority then why the large number of invitations?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's a priority because of demographics and economic policy, that's why you have a large number of invitations and high targets. As i said the population is aging, and most of Canada's anemic population growth is due to immigration.

But does that mean the man on the street in Canada favours this level of immigration? Most likely not.

For the record, i think Canada should be focusing on 100m by 2100 like the Century Initiative think is necessary.

But that's just me.

We shouldn't forget that Harper was in power for almost 10 years before the Liberals won in 2015, and a part of that platform was reducing immigration.

With the issues with the irregular border crossings, job losses due to covid, and high targets set by the Liberals, you can expect the conservatives to make this an issue again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.