Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Anyway guys... I’m sorry if I have been insensitive.. I quite understand your plight and I totally support the need for a commensurate preference to be accorded CEC candidates.... in as much as FSWs support you, you should also support us... live and let live.... so please allow our ray of hope to shine in peace... lol. One love.

student888

Jun 13, 2019
Not trying to add fire to the flames between the CEC and FSW argument. But let’s take an « average » FSW candidate: say 29 years old, THREE years work exp and a masters degree with say 8777 IELTS, which gives him/her a score of 469.

Now let’s take those same credentials and see how the score changes when you change that to a Canadian masters and we’ll even reduce the work experience to ONE year and make that Canadian work experience.
So a CEC candidate, 29 years old, canadian Masters degree, ONE year of canadian work experience and ZERO foreign work experience, IELTS 8777, gets a score of 489.
So while the CEC candidate is less qualified than the FSW (because of less work experience), he still gets much highter points and what 489 has not got an ITA in any kind of all program draw? What 489 needs exclusive CEC draws to get an ITA?
Now if the CEC candidate has not attained as high a score as the one given above, the CEC is simply not as qualified as the FSW candidate. A CEC candidate that only has a Bachelors and 1 year of work experience is competing with an FSW that has a Masters and 3 years of work experience... unless the CEC candidates are saying they want ITA’s given to them over people who are more educated and have more work experience, that’s another discussion entirely and which is totally fine is that’s what they want but then say that explicitly instead of using the pretext of things being unfair when one party is just not nearly as qualified (because if they were their scores would reflect it).

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
Are we back to the CEC vs FSW bickering again, seriously:rolleyes::rolleyes:... Ladies and gentlemen I think we're mature enough to understand everyone has done alot to get where they are. CEC candidates left their countries and probably families to go study and or work, and FSW candidates have had to maybe have a higher education or improve IELTS /TEF scores to compete but everyone is doing all they can and sacrificing something to have an advantage. Let's not fault each other for their efforts/gambles in this process working better than someone else's.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Not trying to add fire to the flames between the CEC and FSW argument. But let’s take an « average » FSW candidate: say 29 years old, THREE years work exp and a masters degree with say 8777 IELTS, which gives him/her a score of 469.

Now let’s take those same credentials and see how the score changes when you change that to a Canadian masters and we’ll even reduce the work experience to ONE year and make that Canadian work experience.
So a CEC candidate, 29 years old, canadian Masters degree, ONE year of canadian work experience and ZERO foreign work experience, IELTS 8777, gets a score of 489.
So while the CEC candidate is less qualified than the FSW (because of less work experience), he still gets much highter points and what 489 has not got an ITA in any kind of all program draw? What 489 needs exclusive CEC draws to get an ITA?
Now if the CEC candidate has not attained as high a score as the one given above, the CEC is simply not as qualified as the FSW candidate. A CEC candidate that only has a Bachelors and 1 year of work experience is competing with an FSW that has a Masters and 3 years of work experience... unless the CEC candidates are saying they want ITA’s given to them over people who are more educated and have more work experience, that’s another discussion entirely and which is totally fine is that’s what they want but then say that explicitly instead of using the pretext of things being unfair when one party is just not nearly as qualified (because if they were their scores would reflect it).
Not everyone has enough money to study Master in Canada. Also, the way you compare is so ridiculous. Study and work in your country compares to study and work in Canada.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
The word “equal” in terms of CEC and FSW rights for PR is seen here pretty often.
How would you measure this?

Have anybody from FSW stream thought that finishing a degree in Canadian university in 4 years is almost never the case statistically? I personally spent a year in one of the top chemistry schools from my home country before coming to Canada. I can tell from my experience, that education in Canada is more difficult, with much more load on a student. At least that was in my case.
Would I ever consider a degree from my home country and from Canada equal? No. There are always exceptions of course, this is just my concern regarding equal here and there mentioned so many times.

I see people measuring this equality by who knows the scale they use. There are so many things are usually missed in this equation.

student888

Jun 13, 2019
For anyone questioning equality... I studied at a US university and my work experience is all American. FSWs have education and work experience from all around the world. It’s ignorant and arrogant to assume that Canadian experience and education trumps all other forms of education and experience. I don’t think anyone can say US and Canadian education and work experience are unequal.
Besides, saying 1 year of Candian work experience trumps 3 years of foreign work experience from every other country (US, UK, Europe included) is honestly incredibly arrogant and uninformed.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
For anyone questioning equality... I studied at a US university and my work experience is all American. FSWs have education and work experience from all around the world. It’s ignorant and arrogant to assume that Canadian experience and education trumps all other forms of education and experience. I don’t think anyone can say US and Canadian education and work experience are unequal.
Besides, saying 1 year of Candian work experience trumps 3 years of foreign work experience from every other country (US, UK, Europe included) is honestly incredibly arrogant and uninformed.
I specifically mentioned my own experience with education in home country and in Canada, supporting the point where there are many unknowns of how to calculate the equality.
I never attempted to humble world’s education vs. Canadian.

I don’t know who you are referring to when comparing 1 vs 3 years of work experience.

student888

Jun 13, 2019
I specifically mentioned my own experience with education in home country and in Canada, supporting the point where there are many unknowns of how to calculate the equality.
I never attempted to humble world’s education vs. Canadian.

I don’t know who you are referring to when comparing 1 vs 3 years of work experience.
To clarify this was in reply to your comment and mostly the one above yours.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
To clarify this was in reply to your comment and mostly the one above yours.
Now you brought a really good point about some sort of inequality. If we consider Western Education System, a degree from university from this system would logically make more sense for western country like Canada, and logically a graduate from such a university has set of skills required for securing a job position in western country like Canada. That doesn’t include Canadian degree only, any degree from university from western world.Is it addressed in Express Entry point system? No.
If I graduated from my home country university, there’s no way diploma is equal to western education system. It’s simply different.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Personally I don't think it's just the raw experience and education of it, per se. An individual who has 1-year Canadian experience has already contributed 1-year worth of taxes to Canada compared that to someone who has 10-year work experience in some other country who contributed $0 to Canada. The same is true for those who got their education in Canada, that person already contributed 3/4 years of worth of tuition to Canada compared that to someone who got a degree outside of Canada. This does not even count the good and services they consumed while they are in Canada, which adds to the GDP.

So I think Canadian experience and education should have some form of privilege when applying because they are already made some contribution to the Canadian economy. We might be applying for a residency visa, but truth be told, Canada simply sees us as individuals which can help their economy. It's not that farfetched to think that Canada believes that those who has already contributed to the country, deserves some level of preference.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Personally I don't think it's just the raw experience and education of it, per se. An individual who has 1-year Canadian experience has already contributed 1-year worth of taxes to Canada compared that to someone who has 10-year work experience in some other country who contributed $0 to Canada. The same is true for those who got their education in Canada, that person already contributed 3/4 years of worth of tuition to Canada compared that to someone who got a degree outside of Canada. This does not even count the good and services they consumed while they are in Canada, which adds to the GDP.

So I think Canadian experience and education should have some form of privilege when applying because they are already made some contribution to the Canadian economy. We might be applying for a residency visa, but truth be told, Canada simply sees us as individuals which can help their economy. It's not that farfetched to think that Canada believes that those who has already contributed to the country, deserves some level of preference.
PPL outside of Canada just think they work and study harder than CEC ppl. Imagine they just stay at their home countries, have their friends and family to hang out whenever they have time off, while international students are working their ass out to pay for tuition fee and living expense. And then there is a language barrier, which is the most difficult challenge for CEC ppl. When it comes to a result that CEC ppl got some advantages, some FSW ppl complain it's not fair. Long story short, who force you guys to come to Canada ? It's your choices. So sick of ppl outside of the country thinking they have more experiences and well educated, should have been given more chances to become permanent resident here without contributing ANYTHING to Canada.

Sorry it's Friday night. Have some beers and share my thought. Good night guys

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Baffling how people still somehow make two different streams within the same immigration application process some sort of competition, when nothing could be further from the truth. Some of y’all need to chill and enjoy your weekends abeg.
While the disputes here are largely fueled by frustration and aren’t worth having, you are incorrect in suggesting that the two streams aren’t in competition. With a fixed number of invites in play every year and a choice available to the organizer between two streams to award them to, it’s a classic case of competition. One that probably can’t be influenced by the opinions here, but a competition nevertheless.

Reactions: Ximena88
Status
Not open for further replies.