+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Personally I don't think it's just the raw experience and education of it, per se. An individual who has 1-year Canadian experience has already contributed 1-year worth of taxes to Canada compared that to someone who has 10-year work experience in some other country who contributed $0 to Canada. The same is true for those who got their education in Canada, that person already contributed 3/4 years of worth of tuition to Canada compared that to someone who got a degree outside of Canada. This does not even count the good and services they consumed while they are in Canada, which adds to the GDP.

So I think Canadian experience and education should have some form of privilege when applying because they are already made some contribution to the Canadian economy. We might be applying for a residency visa, but truth be told, Canada simply sees us as individuals which can help their economy. It's not that farfetched to think that Canada believes that those who has already contributed to the country, deserves some level of preference.
What type of additional privileges would you like? Besides of having additional points and program specific draws? If you study there, you also have the benefit of a work permit and earning CADs.

PPL outside of Canada just think they work and study harder than CEC ppl. Imagine they just stay at their home countries, have their friends and family to hang out whenever they have time off, while international students are working their ass out to pay for tuition fee and living expense. And then there is a language barrier, which is the most difficult challenge for CEC ppl. When it comes to a result that CEC ppl got some advantages, some FSW ppl complain it's not fair. Long story short, who force you guys to come to Canada ? It's your choices. So sick of ppl outside of the country thinking they have more experiences and well educated, should have been given more chances to become permanent resident here without contributing ANYTHING to Canada.

Sorry it's Friday night. Have some beers and share my thought. Good night guys
Could you share with us why you chose the "difficult" path of CEC, rather than the "stress free" and easier FSW?

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
PPL outside of Canada just think they work and study harder than CEC ppl. Imagine they just stay at their home countries, have their friends and family to hang out whenever they have time off, while international students are working their ass out to pay for tuition fee and living expense. And then there is a language barrier, which is the most difficult challenge for CEC ppl. When it comes to a result that CEC ppl got some advantages, some FSW ppl complain it's not fair. Long story short, who force you guys to come to Canada ? It's your choices. So sick of ppl outside of the country thinking they have more experiences and well educated, should have been given more chances to become permanent resident here without contributing ANYTHING to Canada.

Sorry it's Friday night. Have some beers and share my thought. Good night guys
Jeez. Unfortunate that being in Canada, you haven't imbibed any of the stellar Canadian values of being polite and respectful to people outside Canada. Your thoughts are the epitome of the closed-off, nationalistic fanatics that the world is increasingly seeing. I hope that before you apply for a Canadian citizenship you learn a thing or two about those values and beliefs.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
What type of additional privileges would you like? Besides of having additional points and program specific draws? If you study there, you also have the benefit of a work permit and earning CADs.

Could you share with us why you chose the "difficult" path of CEC, rather than the "stress free" and easier FSW?
Program specific draws weren’t a case for cec before pandemic began.
I personally have chosen “difficult part of cec” because I wanted to immigrate to Canada 8 years ago. I thought Canada would give some preferences to graduates from Canadian schools with Canadian work experience. Well that exactly what is happening during the times of cec draws, which became the case in 2020.

Saying this, FSW is definitely not a stress free route, I see a lot of people here with heartbreaking situations when they lose points due to age...

Coming back to cec, a lot of them put everything at stake to become Canadian PR. No wonder, there’s a tension here.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I think the current CEC is enough really. I'm an outland FSW so I don't really mind what kind of privileges they get, I'm just thankful Canada has an outland FSW program. It's just weird about this "fair" CEC vs FSW nonsense, because the reality is, it's never fair. Canada takes in individuals who can contribute most to their economy, sure, there's some cultural aspect of it like French or having relatives, but the bottom line will always in Canadian dollars. I see the CEC as Canada's way of giving a "bonus" to those who has already contributed but has not been given residency, similar to getting a "bonus" in your company if you did a good job but hasn't got one in a while.

We think of work permit and earning CADs as "our" benefit, but the reality is those CADs will get taxed which goes to the Canadian government, and the CADs that you spent IN Canada will go towards increasing Canada's GDP. Sure there might be some left which you can send to your home country, but it would be just a small percentage of the pie.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
No offend but what have you contributed to Canada ? You were refused in UK and Canada is so generous to welcome FSW. Why dont you think you will come to Canada to work or study and then get the PR after as CEC ppl?
Dude, that is so rude. You sound like you dont want anyone coming but people like yourself. Fortunately for the rest of us, immigration is not a sentimental issue. It's for those who will contribute the most to canada in the long run. And your attitude doesnt say anything good about the kind of person you are. Luckily canada isnt looking at people's characters otherwise you'd be shit out of luck. Stop this, we will all get there eventually.

Last edited:

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
CEC having a lower score is fair. In fact, it would be unfair if there were no points for Canadian experience. The points are supposed to judge your suitability. Knowing you have already worked in a Canadian workplace is a very good indicator for judging you.

Reactions: Naxwell

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Baffling how people still somehow make two different streams within the same immigration application process some sort of competition, when nothing could be further from the truth. Some of y’all need to chill and enjoy your weekends abeg.
But it is a competition. There isn’t 2 separate polls. For one to get an ITA, another one won’t.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Personally I don't think it's just the raw experience and education of it, per se. An individual who has 1-year Canadian experience has already contributed 1-year worth of taxes to Canada compared that to someone who has 10-year work experience in some other country who contributed $0 to Canada. The same is true for those who got their education in Canada, that person already contributed 3/4 years of worth of tuition to Canada compared that to someone who got a degree outside of Canada. This does not even count the good and services they consumed while they are in Canada, which adds to the GDP.

So I think Canadian experience and education should have some form of privilege when applying because they are already made some contribution to the Canadian economy. We might be applying for a residency visa, but truth be told, Canada simply sees us as individuals which can help their economy. It's not that farfetched to think that Canada believes that those who has already contributed to the country, deserves some level of preference.
That’s why you get extra points for professional experience in Canada.
That’s the current rule.
What bothers me is the fact that FSW and CECs are not being treated equally under the rules of the EE program.
If the government wants to favor more CECs, then they should add a 50 plus bonus on top of the current CRS criteria for those with 1yr of Canadian Experience. At least, that way everyone will know EXACTLY what to expect.

I spent almost 1 yr of full salary preparing to apply for FSW, and then had to wait 5 months for my opportunity to get the ITA, because IRCC would not disclaim their strategy with the CEC only draws. This is extremely disrespectful with FSW applicants. They open random exceptions, without warnings, clarifications...
I already got my ITA, but I feel deeply the anger FSWs might be feeling right now. It’s just so unfair. All they want is a fair draw where the public rules of the program are applied to everyone.

Last edited:

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Well well... Not trying to convince if fsw is best or cec. I am a cec inland but was also eligible under fsw.

The only thing that I could say is that cec's files should be updated quicker than others. Why? Because we have been already here at least 1 year and mostly either workers or students. So ircc already have our work permit references, sometimes biometrics, tax etc..

So wondering why some cec are waiting so long to get their ppr.

About the draws, we all have our chances and each stream has its own advantage.

Have a nice week end.

Still a mystery.

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

Immibug

Mar 15, 2020
Oh is it?
My WES 2 page report has Bachelors equivalency for Bachelors and PG Diploma for Masters (in a single file)
My CES report has just my Masters as Masters.
I uploaded both the files.

So would I be fine here mate as far as you see?
Note: In the application, for claiming Masters points, I have cleared quoted the ECA reference number from CES
For Bachelors, I have quoted the WES report (although the same PDF for my Masters too as PGD)
do not upload the sheet for pg which wes provided, just the grad and pg from ces. I did the same.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Well well... Not trying to convince if fsw is best or cec. I am a cec inland but was also eligible under fsw.

The only thing that I could say is that cec's files should be updated quicker than others. Why? Because we have been already here at least 1 year and mostly either workers or students. So ircc already have our work permit references, sometimes biometrics, tax etc..

So wondering why some cec are waiting so long to get their ppr.

About the draws, we all have our chances and each stream has its own advantage.

Have a nice week end.

Still a mystery.
If you check the IRCC’s 2019 annual report, table 35 https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/2019-ee-report-pdfversion-eng.pdf

80% of CEC applications were processed within 7 months whereas it’s 9 months for FSW and FST applicants. Of course, 2020 processing times can’t even compare with the 2019 stats. IMO because Ottawa where most in-Canada applications are processed have been prioritizing family class sponsorships thus their resources are reallocated as of late so other immigration streams are severely affected.

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Not trying to add fire to the flames between the CEC and FSW argument. But let’s take an « average » FSW candidate: say 29 years old, THREE years work exp and a masters degree with say 8777 IELTS, which gives him/her a score of 469.

Now let’s take those same credentials and see how the score changes when you change that to a Canadian masters and we’ll even reduce the work experience to ONE year and make that Canadian work experience.
So a CEC candidate, 29 years old, canadian Masters degree, ONE year of canadian work experience and ZERO foreign work experience, IELTS 8777, gets a score of 489.
So while the CEC candidate is less qualified than the FSW (because of less work experience), he still gets much highter points and what 489 has not got an ITA in any kind of all program draw? What 489 needs exclusive CEC draws to get an ITA?
Now if the CEC candidate has not attained as high a score as the one given above, the CEC is simply not as qualified as the FSW candidate. A CEC candidate that only has a Bachelors and 1 year of work experience is competing with an FSW that has a Masters and 3 years of work experience... unless the CEC candidates are saying they want ITA’s given to them over people who are more educated and have more work experience, that’s another discussion entirely and which is totally fine is that’s what they want but then say that explicitly instead of using the pretext of things being unfair when one party is just not nearly as qualified (because if they were their scores would reflect it).

I completely agree with you.

And CECs are just sounding plain arrogant here. You think you guys are making a case on your eligibility but what it comes as a wrong sense of entitlement. Keep in mind, express entry is not made as an extension to the Student route or to favor it over the other streams. Student route is just another pathway to Permanent residency like FSW. PR is a competitive program and feeling that you are entitled to Permanent Residency over others is just not how it works. You CECs have made a conscious decision to come here using this route, you know how the system works and now you cannot blame the IRCC for not just giving you prioritized handouts.

I'm sorry don't mean to start an argument but it just irritates me that we all are aspiring for the same goal with our own struggles and some people line @vicecarloans and @dkincanada tend to be selfish and bring others down.

I hope we can all agree that everyone deserves to achieve their dream because they all have struggled to get where they are.

Anamac

Apr 9, 2020
hi guys, i have a question regarding tef Canada scoring. On cic calculator, comprehension oral or listening part is out of 360 points but the results of examiners i have seen are out of 699. I am confused how is that so?

Last edited:

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
That’s why you get extra points for professional experience in Canada.
That’s the current rule.
What bothers me is the fact that FSW and CECs are not being treated equally under the rules of the EE program.
If the government wants to favor more CECs, then they should add a 50 plus bonus on top of the current CRS criteria for those with 1yr of Canadian Experience. At least, that way everyone will know EXACTLY what to expect.

I spent almost 1 yr of full salary preparing to apply for FSW, and then had to wait 5 months for my opportunity to get the ITA, because IRCC would not disclaim their strategy with the CEC only draws. This is extremely disrespectful with FSW applicants. They open random exceptions, without warnings, clarifications...
I already got my ITA, but I feel deeply the anger FSWs might be feeling right now. It’s just so unfair. All they want is a fair draw where the public rules of the program are applied to everyone.
The thing is, Canada decides the treatment given to CEC. If they decided to go with an exclusive "CEC", then there must be something we don't know that's driving it, COVID or some other reason. But here's the deal, it's never a "fair" judgment, simply because Canada picks who they think would be the best for the job.

Take PNP for example, some PNP applicants only have a score of 690+, so if you do the math, their FSW-only score is likely only to be "90+" and you can imagine they might be old, CLB4 in English, doesn't have any Canadian experience, and maybe doesn't even have bachelor's degree and is very likely to be outside of the country, but why are they given priority over those CEC and FSW applicants with a score of over 500? Because they have been exclusively singled out to be the best person for the "job" by a Canadian province hence were put first in line. The same is true for CEC, there is a driving force which makes Canada feel that the best person for the "job" is a CEC applicant, hence why they do CEC-exclusive.

Long story short, I do not believe that Canada choosing to do an CEC, PNP or FST draw is unfair because in reality, we have not paid anything to the Canadian government until the moment we get the ITA and actually paid the application fees. Sure IELTS and ECA cost money, but those proceeds do not go to the IRCC.

I've been in that road before during the last round of PNP-CEC, so I know it can be frustrating to just waiting for it to unfold. Time is working against you too because of expiring IELTS, age, or other factors, but truthfully, the only thing we can do is to actually find ways to improve our score so that when the FSW-inclusive draws arrive the more likely we get a chance at the ITA, no point in getting anxious of what can or cannot be, or accusing a system unfair when we have no right to judge in the first place. And let's be real here, the reason most of us outland FSWs are applying to Canada and enduring all of this in the first place, is because there is no other country in world that has a first-world status and a system that makes it this reasonable for immigrants.

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt
Status
Not open for further replies.