Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I have done my bachelors under distance education mode and diploma also as a correspondence course during same time duration.
It it ok to show both of them as part time couses.?
Please guide me?
It depends on what WES evaluate your degrees as, I think.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hi All,

Have a query. I'm about to submit my application and suddenly stumbled upon this query. I have a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree under my belt.

I initially sent my Bachelor's and Master's degrees to WES. The Bachelors was rated as Bachelor's but Master's was rated as a PG Diploma

I have then sent my Master's to CES. They rated it as Master's in Canada

Now while submitting the application, I have to provide both the ECAs (as I have got ITA with these info). The question is the ECA report of the Bachelor's will have my Master's as a PG Diploma, whereas the CES report will have Masters as Master's Equivalency.

Will this cause any issue by having two ECA reports for the same Master's Degree?

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi All,

Have a query. I'm about to submit my application and suddenly stumbled upon this query. I have a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree under my belt.

I initially sent my Bachelor's and Master's degrees to WES. The Bachelors was rated as Bachelor's but Master's was rated as a PG Diploma

Now while submitting the application, I have to provide both the ECAs (as I have got ITA with these info). The question is the ECA report of the Bachelor's will have my Master's as a PG Diploma, whereas the CES report will have Masters as Master's Equivalency.

Will this cause any issue by having two ECA reports for the same Master's Degree?
Yes, I am sorry to tell you this, but you can find instances in this forum where someone was rejected because they had two different ECAs from separate bodies stating two different results. Just exactly what happened to you. You do NOT need to submit your WES ECA as the highest credential you have is Masters. only declare your Masters in your profile along with your CES evaluation. another solution is to contact WES and request them to delete your master evaluation from your account as you are not satisfied with the result and ask them to issue a new report with only your bachelors degree evaluation.

I am sorry again for having to go through this,

Best of luck.

Reactions: Islander216

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hi All,

No worries, just use only the CES evaluation. You are meant to evaluate your highest degree anyway and that's your masters. Leave the WES evaluation out of your application entirely so you dont contradict yourself.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
No worries, just use only the CES evaluation. You are meant to evaluate your highest degree anyway and that's your masters. Leave the WES evaluation out of your application entirely so you dont contradict yourself.
But buddy, I got the ITA and the details are already transmitted. So quite confused here
Now I cannot declare just the Masters alone unfortunately.
Can we edit the profile post ITA?

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
But buddy, I got the ITA and the details are already transmitted. So quite confused here
I dont understand. Did you get your ITA using 2 or more degrees or masters. Whichever one it is, use the right ECA report I.e WES for 2 or more certs or CES if you claimed masters.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
You can still change the application form when you submit the application. Your crs score is not affected so I think you will be safe.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Your pre ITA profile already has WES details and now if you make changes and include CES by removing WES post ITA, the VO will be able to see the difference.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
What did you put as the equivalence of your Master's degree in your application? PG diploma or Master's? I'm assuming you put Master's.

If you calculate your points with the loss of points from Master's to 2 or more degrees, 1 is at least a 3 year degree, is your score still higher than the cut-off score?

If not, then you just have to remove the reference to the WES ECA and put the one for CES (if you can edit it post-ITA), and just hope they don't look for the WES one.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
What did you put as the equivalence of your Master's degree in your application? PG diploma or Master's? I'm assuming you put Master's.

If you calculate your points with the loss of points from Master's to 2 or more degrees, 1 is at least a 3 year degree, is your score still higher than the cut-off score?

If not, then you just have to remove the reference to the WES ECA and put the one for CES (if you can edit it post-ITA), and just hope they don't look for the WES one.
Hi Buddy,
Yes I have denoted CES' report for Masters
WES report for bachelors. The same WES report has Bachelor's equivalency plus PG diploma as Master's equivalency
However, if they go with what I have mentioned in the respective fields, it would ready Masters - CES ECA Report; Bachelors - WES ECA Report

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi Buddy,
Yes I have denoted CES' report for Masters
WES report for bachelors. The same WES report has Bachelor's equivalency plus PG diploma as Master's equivalency
However, if they go with what I have mentioned in the respective fields, it would ready Masters - CES ECA Report; Bachelors - WES ECA Report
If you got Masters equivalency, no need to show Bachelors.

Reactions: FrankieChiu
Status
Not open for further replies.