+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
if this happens, the narrative of IRCC is clear. Canada doesn't want "skilled workers" rather people who just infuse money in their economy to get the coveted PR.
Ye I think so, the number of PR landing is only half compared to last year, so they want to take ppl who r in canada rite away. Canada used to be the country that stood out from others, giving chances for everyone around the globe. Now its like America, Australia, you have to come in order to have a chance to get pr

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
But don't think giving additional points the education will take CRS > 500. People will Canadian Masters were always above 480+. International students with a bachelor's will benefit the most.
Just like bilingual people were always above 470-480...
But the scores I mentioned are based on the crs calculator with the following details:
28, single
Bachelor's
Canadian bachelor's
1 year Canadian experience
CLB10

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
An international master's with 3 years Canadian experience is scoring less than Canadian bachelor's with 3 years Canadian experience... 45 points less

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Ok, I have now strong reasons to believe this as a glitch
a) No announcement yet
b) No marks in express entry profile yet
c) With the analogy Nikhil drew above, International Masters (We are talking the likes of US universities as well here) is less worthy than Canadian Bachelors
d) They always have an option of CEC draws so just making this program look less worthy won’t do any good
e) They have a section in Human Capitals for Canada Education, Giving it again at the additional points defies the logic
f) All migrations including FSW contribute to economy and growth. FSW candidates bring more holistic growth to the nation.
f) I am on the other side so I believe it is a glitch

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
We'll find out in the next few days anyway. If there's no announcement, we should check the calculator to see if the points are fixed there until the next draw. And the next draw cutoff will tell us for sure anyway.

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates#section-0

November
November 12
Notifications of interest will be issued for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
On November 12, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

• receive a notification of interest on November 12, 2020
  • can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

We will post the comprehensive ranking system range of the draw on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on November 12, 2020. The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program will target candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:

• 0111 – Financial managers
  • 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
  • 0601 – Corporate sales managers
  • 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
  • 1114 – Other financial officers
  • 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
  • 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
  • 3124 – Allied primary health practitioners
  • 3132 – Dietitians and nutritionists
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.
thanks for sharing. Kindly tell is this something different than regular PNP program? If someone gets notification, is it worth it to go for this option?

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
thanks for sharing. Kindly tell is this something different than regular PNP program? If someone gets notification, is it worth it to go for this option?
if you got it, go for it unless you don’t want to Toronto. It is regular PNP program only and the cut off was 469-477 today.

Fidiya21

Aug 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020
Looks like the additional point is only a glitch. They had a separate section for Canada education in additional points and if they wanted to increase the points to extra 60 points instead of 30, they would have just increased the points there. Not add a separate line in human capital section with the 30 points.
Also, if they bring in new rule, they have to go through the same profile updating exercise they did merely a week back. Would have made more sense if the changes were together.

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
I noted that the additional points given to bilingual candidates had been added to several profiles (I had seen at least 2 posts reporting this) almost 2 weeks before IRCC's official announcement.
There are more candidates reporting this round because of the number of people graduating from Canadian schools.
So is there going to be a delay in the draw next week since the points for pg revised?

monti12

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Just to clarify;

If you have canada diploma (one ow two years) - you will get 30 points instead of 15.
If you have Canada Master - you will get 60 points instead of 30.

is it correct?

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Just to clarify;

If you have canada diploma (one ow two years) - you will get 30 points instead of 15.
If you have Canada Master - you will get 60 points instead of 30.

is it correct?
As per the CRS calculator..i not clear whether it's a change in the scoring or just a technical glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.