+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
I would say 2017 and 2018 have been the best year for EE process. Just randomly checked Immitracker and found that most people have got PPRs in less than 100 days at that time. After that, the average days were mostly above 100, and in 2020 it has got even worse average PPR days are above 200 for most people. And with the long wait for the draws to happen, the uncertainty that exists behind the whole process I'm not sure why IRCC's "Express" entry system is no more "Express". I don't think Covid is the only reason for all this. Just thinking out loud!

shadow_of_life

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I would say 2017 and 2018 have been the best year for EE process. Just randomly checked Immitracker and found that most people have got PPRs in less than 100 days at that time. After that, the average days were mostly above 100, and in 2020 it has got even worse average PPR days are above 200 for most people. And with the long wait for the draws to happen, the uncertainty that exists behind the whole process I'm not sure why IRCC's "Express" entry system is no more "Express". I don't think Covid is the only reason for all this. Just thinking out loud!
This goes to show that people got rewarded when they act early.

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
It's Covid. What else could it be? The new speech and 2021-2023 policy unveiled has shown they are still fully committed to admitting people into the country. To be fair to them, they have really tried so much this year to balance these things up, cuz 2020 has been a very difficult year for all. They even increased the number of invites gradually from 3900 to 4500.

Reactions: Sharanm7

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Here, we don't tolerate pessimism without facts. If you want to make ludicrous posts like this, you add facts.
Thanks, Emman. Your posts are always reassuring. These self proclaimed soothsayers aren't doing us any good. People don't realize how positive a score 478 is. All the long term French language folks have been picked up at just 478. Given how hard it is to get French CLB7 without months of education, things should normalize, more so with a b2b. And let's all be confident there will be.

Reactions: Emman O.

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for the advice dude.
I had the impression you had to decline the PNP invitation in order to retain your eligibility for the federal draw but you're saying you can hold a PNP invite plus a federal invite at the same time?
It's all hypothetical now in any case since the Francophone OINP draw came through at 453-470 pts so I have too many points! More I learn about how the IRCC works, less I understand...
Guess you got your ITA :p

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Here, we don't tolerate pessimism without facts. If you want to make ludicrous posts like this, you add facts.
I'm sorry, but his prediction is totally within reasonable expectations. Just look at the influx numbers, it continues to be near 300 candidates/day in the 471-600 range. There's just a *very* small gap for pool size reductions in each draw. If this influx persists, I hardly believe we'll see another 471-472 draw this year.
Honestly, it's not about being pessimist, it's about accepting the numbers and building a strategy to overcome them.

Reactions: Wrath

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Thanks, Emman. Your posts are always reassuring. These self proclaimed soothsayers aren't doing us any good. People don't realize how positive a score 478 is. All the long term French language folks have been picked up at just 478. Given how hard it is to get French CLB7 without months of education, things should normalize, more so with a b2b. And let's all be confident there will be.
I honestly believe there were near zero influence of the french boost in that cutoff. The cutoff went higher because the influx in the pool continue trending up, the 3 week gap, and also because there were near 1000 PNPs, while the average for previous draws was always around 300-500.
Again: these people already had +30 points before. It's very likely that the vast majority of candidates with bilinguism were already above 480. I've never heard of anyone with the bilinguism bonus sitting at 450, 460 (which means they would be actually sitting at 408-418 without french).

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
I'm sorry, but his prediction is totally within reasonable expectations. Just look at the influx numbers, it continues to be near 300 candidates/day in the 471-600 range. There's just a *very* small gap for pool size reductions in each draw. If this influx persists, I hardly believe we'll see another 471-472 draw this year.
Honestly, it's not about being pessimist, it's about accepting the numbers and building a strategy to overcome them.
Eeya

priya yadav

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Waiting for ITA and spending a lot of time and money is completely leading to lot of stress.....people are losing points by age...mainly FSW......candidates....
For a long time they have not done draws for FSW...atleast they have to compensate that by doing back to back draws......but nothing is happening...instead scores gone up...letting us to lose hope in canada......should see what happens in near future

Reactions: mariee81

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
You mean it won't still come down with a b2b in November or December?

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Draw projection: 472-473 for 11/11 and 475 for 11/18.

Also on an average, around 100-120 new people are added every day with score 470+
The spike was due to the french update. Sincerely, I am not trying to be too optimistics but from trend, scores will still go below 470

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
The truth is that the increased biweekly ITA will make up for the increased influx. It would have been worse if ITA was still in 3500 to 3900. We are in the state of 4200 to 4500 and I do not think having 4500 above 471 biweekly is sustainable. The influx will definitely fall short of 4200 to 4500 biweekly

Reactions: tuxarc and Emman O.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
I actually believe it will still hit early 470s, but these guys have been highly unpredictable. If your birthday is close like mine, try and max out ielts if u still can. I am still hopeful a back to back can set things straight. 471 hang in there; anything can happen. Things will get clearer with next draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.