+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Yes, this is the bit I was unsure about. Got it, thanks for explaining. It would be good if there were a waitlist system so that the 4501st best individual gets an invite automatically on the day someone declines an ITA. I don't think this would be too difficult a mechanism to design within the system.
Its funny how you changed your point of view once you understood that by rejecting an ITA you simply take that 4501 guy’s place, who might in fact lose points to age before the next draw and never have another chance to immigrate. As I said, if this rule was applied, no one would say its “bone headed rule”. All of us will simply accept it and see its fair, and perhaps, prepare our things before hand.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Its funny how you changed your point of view once you understood that by rejecting an ITA you simply take that 4501 guy’s place, who might in fact lose points to age before the next draw and never have another chance to immigrate. As I said, if this rule was applied, no one would say its “bone headed rule”. All of us will simply accept it and see its fair, and perhaps, prepare our things before hand.
I did not change my point of view in the slightest. I asked how it might affect others and someone explained that. I sympathise, however, my objections to your stance remain exactly the same as before. Just because somebody making the right decision for themselves sucks for you—and I understand why it sucks—that does not mean they owe it to you to make the wrong decision for themselves in order for you to benefit. And I will not be surprised if IRCC ever did come up with a "rule" such as the kind that you are suggesting, but I would definitely call it bone-headed if they do.

IRCC: "You've got an invite, this is it! Now even if you've made a major error somewhere or cannot give us the documents that we are asking for, you MUST waste our time and your time by applying, and then we will likely reject it. Why? Because you promised you'd apply! A faulty application is better than no application at all. So you better apply and jeopardise yourself knowingly, otherwise, we will penalise you.

You seem to not understand the difference between an invitation and an application. An EE profile is not an application, rather, it receives an invitation to apply. Invitations, by definition, can be accepted or declined without penalty.

Last edited:

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Please let there be peace...I won’t decline ITA again and I’ll send an alert to my countrymen not to....as my IRCC civic duty.
Thank you!!
Sounds good, Carmen! In all seriousness, I can imagine it must make you feel jittery to have declined and then be waiting to get invited again. Plus, all in the midst of October updates and points speculation! Your score seems quite good, try not to worry much. I hope there's a draw tomorrow for all those who are waiting. :)

Rebeca.hochman

Jul 25, 2019
Seems like a good interpretation of the situation but what score range is your prediction for Tom if not 468-471
In my opinion this boost in points for advanced French speakers will be imediate, we will feel in this draw and maybe in the next 2 or 3, but in order to more people become advanced in French and get the extra points it might take about 6 months, so by the beginning of next year points might return to today's average which has been around 470s. Everything is uncertain, but that is my opinion.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, I have a question, I am cec candidate and recently got noi from Nova Scotia, planning to submit documents. My question is regarding prof of funds, based on ircc prof of funds can be waived off for cec candidates. In this case do I follow same thing and apply documents to Nova Scotia stating that funds requirement not needed as I am cec candidate. Please help.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi, I have a question, I am cec candidate and recently got noi from Nova Scotia, planning to submit documents. My question is regarding prof of funds, based on ircc prof of funds can be waived off for cec candidates. In this case do I follow same thing and apply documents to Nova Scotia stating that funds requirement not needed as I am cec candidate. Please help.
Most of the people here are not residing in Canada. You might want to ask this in other posts, or create a new one. :)

Njaan

Nov 3, 2020
Yes, this is the bit I was unsure about. Got it, thanks for explaining. It would be good if there were a waitlist system so that the 4501st best individual gets an invite automatically on the day someone declines an ITA. I don't think this would be too difficult a mechanism to design within the system.
There are many possible scenario where one may get invite when they are in-eligible. I am listing a few for awareness
1. Canadian Experience: IRCC incorrectly grants the Canadian work experience 1 month before the completion of 1 year. At this point, if the candidate accepts the invite and sends it, they will get rejected as they would not have cleared the minimum eligibility required at the time of eITA.
2. Many people have lost jobs or potential job offers. Life happens. And not necessarily the way we predict.
3. PCC or other documentation taking unreasonably long time such that they can not submit it in 90 days. PCC for my country which usually takes 4 weeks now it takes over 2.5 months. Covid has impacted literally all departments.

I am sure anyone who got invite and having to reject it is due to some situation that is beyond their control. While unfortunate that there is no waitlist to give the declined ITA to another applicant, please do note that IRCC would have conducted 5 more ITA before the time runs out to submit the documents. And more over, Canada is in track to invite more numbers in 2020 than it had predicted, inspite of everything that happened in 2020. So in a sense, ITAs are not really being wasted.

Reactions: mknox

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Sounds good, Carmen! In all seriousness, I can imagine it must make you feel jittery to have declined and then be waiting to get invited again. Plus, all in the midst of October updates and points speculation! Your score seems quite good, try not to worry much. I hope there's a draw tomorrow for all those who are waiting. :)
Thank you, I hope so too

Status
Not open for further replies.