+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedanthk

Oct 27, 2020
I'll wait for an hour more for the draw, just for curiosity. I'm at 469, and I'm not expecting anything even if it happens.

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
504? 524? come on.....you are way way above
You see jrossi's analysis. He would have been above 471 even if there was no French update. Any bilingual wouldn't have needed the added points to get ITA, ordinarily.

Just those that will get effect are those with TEF and no IELTS, which are very few.

So the new French policy won't have much effect on cut offs immediately.

Only reason today's cut off can increase is the one week delay, and it will be a marginal increase. I am guessing 471-473.

Reactions: student888

MapleSyrupPoutine

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
UK
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-01-2021
You see jrossi's analysis. He would have been above 471 even if there was no French update. Any bilingual wouldn't have needed the added points to get ITA, ordinarily.

Just those that will get effect are those with TEF and no IELTS, which are very few.

So the new French policy won't have much effect on cut offs immediately.

Only reason today's cut off can increase is the one week delay, and it will be a marginal increase. I am guessing 471-473.
The French policy will only have an effect next year In my opinion. People will need time to learn French and take the exam.

Most French native speakers are also often more interested in Quebec so I don’t think there will be a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.