+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariee81

Aug 5, 2020
I am in that very situation. I applied only July this year mainly because my only sibling has already moved there and we would perhaps want our families to be eventually closer in the future.

My IELTS maxed out, I have a doctoral degree but I am 39 so obviously lost too many age points and my CRS is 459. I had lost all hope that it's not going to work as age points drop more after 40.

Then the 30 bonus points came to my mind when I saw my low CRS score, so I recently completed French A2 and now moving on to B1. I have a full time job, but I am picking up French well by learning 6 hours on the weekends. Learning French is fun and fulfilling - I always had a thing for languages.
The bonus points do work for people like me who are close to 40 but want to keep an option just in case they plan to move there after 40.

Guys I love this forum, keeps me very motivated and uplifted. Thank you all.

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Are FSW draws always held on Wednesdays ? And if yes, is it always the second and last of the month ?
I took a doctor appointment for Monday thinking there would be a draw yesterday (CRS 501) but now i'm thinking of canceling it.

pksajjads

Oct 22, 2014
Guys no way the score is dropping below 475 now. 469-475 should start learning French immediately to get at least 6 extra points on listening reading. 480 is the new sweet spot now.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Are FSW draws always held on Wednesdays ? And if yes, is it always the second and last of the month ?
I took a doctor appointment for Monday thinking there would be a draw yesterday (CRS 501) but now i'm thinking of canceling it.
501? Damn! Well done.

Do you mean an appointment to do upfront medicals? If so, that's valid for a year, so why not just get it done now?

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Guys no way the score is dropping below 475 now. 469-475 should start learning French immediately to get at least 6 extra points on listening reading. 480 is the new sweet spot now.
Lol all these theories though, so you mean to tell me about more than half of the pool will learn French and get clb7 within 2 to 3 months? I don't even see that happening at all. (Except for people who have the current French points who are in the pool presently) which I don't believe is a vast majority. So 475 will become a struggle score? LOL. You guys need to chill with the conspiracies. Like it's so unfounded.

vedanthk

Oct 27, 2020
Lol all these theories though, so you mean to tell me about more than half of the pool will learn French and get clb7 within 2 to 3 months? I don't even see that happening at all. (Except for people who have the current French points who are in the pool presently) which I don't believe is a vast majority. So 475 will become a struggle score? LOL. You guys need to chill with the conspiracies. Like it's so unfounded.
This is what I was thinking. Unless the number of people below 470 with French somehow jumped into the 470+, scores wouldn't go up all that much.

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
E
This is what I was thinking. Unless the number of people below 470 with French somehow jumped into the 470+, scores wouldn't go up all that much.
Even if it does go up it wouldn't stay that way forever, let's be clear it wouldn't touch 460s. But I believe it will still hover around the early 470s after draws become consistent. Let's face it learning French takes a lot of TIME. And getting results to isn't instant. Gosh you guys should chill. Lol

Last edited:

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Everyone is just coming to say this and that without thinking about it logically. Some even said its cuz ircc doesn't want the score to touch 460s lol. That sounds dumb af (no offense), that isn't ircc's aim, all they care about is inviting people. On the other hand, French will give bonus points, true. But to get to clb 7 in all four components, you need around 6 months of study or more unless you are already a native speaker and even at that, it takes about a month or more for results to be realeased. So how then will the score jump ( presently) to the point that 475 will be a struggle score???

Status
Not open for further replies.