+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
For what reason , it would stabilize ?
475 --> 472 --> 471

Based on the cutoff, it is stabilizing. Also, pre-pandemic levels indicated 472 was the threshold for the pool with the normal influx of candidates.
Right now, WES is processing ECAs WAYYYYY faster than in 2019, and IELTS are pretty much back to normal, with a few exceptions. The tendency is that the influx will be back to the normal numbers very soon, and that's what we're seeing with the cutoff of the last 3 draws as well.
But, we'll see next Wednesday. As I mentioned, I just think people should manage their expectations.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
I believe the cutoff will be 470, or even 471.
It's important to remember that the previous draw had a cutoff of 472, and then the next one was 471. The lower the score gets, the more people are within that score. So, it's reasonable to imagine that there are more candidates with 471 than 472, more candidates with 470 than 471, more candidates with 469 than 470, and so on. Just think about... we had 475, then 472 (-3 points), and now 471 (-1 point). What are the chances of the score dropping -3 again, when the 471-468 has WAYYYYYY more people than the 475-472? It's important to manage your expectations.
So, I don't see the score going below 470 for the next draw. For last draw of October? Maybe (but yet, unlikely). The real chance is probably lying at the first draw of November, IF the influx of candidates doesn't increase.

But as I always advise: don't sit still waiting for a miracle. Start to build a plan to improve your score NOW. Not tomorrow, NOW.
I was sitting at 469 for almost 8 months, and no ITA. I was only able to get mine because in January I understood (ok, I woke up and accepted the reality) that without improving it, I wouldn't make it.
There's a real chance that the influx of candidates will met the demand of ITAs before the score drops to 468 (just like the pre-pandemic scenario). You must be prepared to have a plan B to overcome this situation.
8 months? But there was 469 draw in December

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I remember the CEC draw cutoffs dropped faster in the second draw of each month. Someone mentioned that more people fulfil their Canadian experience in the first half of the month. Hopefully this is true and we will see the cutoff drop again.

good luck,guys.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
I know people are worried as lots of people have done all that needed to be done. The truth is that its not everyone that has the ability to take up another language considering the investments that have been pulled into this journey. All I can say is that, keep hope alive and know that you will definitely smile someday. As for the drop in CRS, i believe scores will continue to drop until activities begin fully. Next draw is likely to be 470 but I pray its 469 and probably ITA increases to 4,500. Lets keep hope alive as we strive to attain our goal(PR)

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
I remember the CEC draw cutoffs dropped faster in the second draw of each month. Someone mentioned that more people fulfil their Canadian experience in the first half of the month. Hopefully this is true and we will see the cutoff drop again.

good luck,guys.
How did you get updated about IP2 ?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
How did you get updated about IP2 ?
It was a ghost update. And The IRCC agent told me that my file had been transferred to the local VO. I think my case is being processed at the local VO instead of in Canada.

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,
Have a query regarding my IELTS test result date. I appeared in July 2019 and result date was 27th July. I went for EOR on my IELTS results and the new result with a new TRF card came on 4th October. Now I am applying for my PR application after getting an ITA recently.
Which date should I choose while applying for my PR?
The result date which was the initial one or the one which came on the updated TRF card?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It was a ghost update. And The IRCC agent told me that my file had been transferred to the local VO. I think my case is being processed at the local VO instead of in Canada.
I hope that has also happened with mine. :p

Last edited:

Babygal

Jul 24, 2020
But let's assume the score is 471 (which I hope it isn't), what month do you think will be the tie break rule?

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
If it's 471, tie breaker should be around August/September
If it's 470, tie breaker should be around March/April

Highly doubt it will go 469 (or lower as people are suggesting it can go lowe than that) at next week's draw
The truth/fact is that, how low it will be by next wednesday depends on how many high profiles has entered the pool between last draw and next week

Status
Not open for further replies.