Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
The Express Entry programs aren't even tiered anyway, so not sure why there is always emotional bickering between candidates from different streams?

You could argue that CEC have an advantage (if it can be viewed as that) in more easily verifiable Canadian work exp (amongst other factors), but then anecdotal evidence during the pandemic indicates that FSW applications appear to move through the initial stages of processing faster than CEC, to compensate.

Ultimately everyone is trying their hand at the same outcome/ dream, and the only main difference between us all being our personal circumstances up until the point at which we apply.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
If there was a way to quantify all of this into CRS, then you would have had a higher score but that is not the case. Maybe gather a few CEC candidates and start a protest demanding CEC only draws.
Well, it is being quantified by assigning CEC status to the applicant, right? The only problem is there should be a way to utilizing this CEC status.

Again, I did not mean to offend anyone, just saying that CEC draw once in a while is something that would be great to have.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
It is not about being greedy or not, this is about common sense. Not talking about myself, but in general a person who spent several years in Canada has a Canadian credit history, most likely invested several tens of thousands CAD in Canadian economy and paid several thousands in federal and provincial taxes. Logically speaking, these people deserve having CEC draws because they have already shown their loyalty towards Canada.
Use your common sense to understand this: you are getting more points because of your Canadian experience and bachelor degree, giving you higher chances to get an ITA compared with someone with the same exact experience and education as you, from outside Canada.
Also, logically speaking, it doesn't make sense to have CEC only draws, if Canada wanted to help those that have "shown loyalty" towards Canada, they would have had periodic CEC exclusive draws in a normal years before Covid.
Can't emphasize enough that you are benefiting from the points already, you may want more benefits because of the "loyalty", but we all are playing by the same rules

Reactions: Sensation80

Sensation80

May 16, 2020
Use your common sense to understand this: you are getting more points because of your Canadian experience and bachelor degree, giving you higher chances to get an ITA compared with someone with the same exact experience and education as you, from outside Canada.
Also, logically speaking, it doesn't make sense to have CEC only draws, if Canada wanted to help those that have "shown loyalty" towards Canada, they would have had periodic CEC exclusive draws in a normal years before Covid.
Can't emphasize enough that you are benefiting from the points already, you may want more benefits because of the "loyalty", but we all are playing by the same rules
Thats exactly right. For all the loyalty and toiling around in canada, CECs are being preferred clearly through extra points for the same experience and education.
I would have had 500 points if i was a CEC candidate.
Bottom line is rhe FSW is fair for everyone.

Reactions: BlindGoku

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Aren't we all talking about merit based here? We should have all sorts of draws in the end. CEC candidates already hold a upper hand here with their Canadian experience points. :)

Reactions: Limitless

Sensation80

May 16, 2020
The only worrying thing is rising covid cases. Canada is reporting record daily increase now. That is the only way CECs can resume although it didnt make sense in the first place as the length of time between an ITA and PR is significant.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
Just a simple question then: What is the point of CEC program anyways? Why not just having all FSW with some extra points for those with Canadian education and work experience?

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
I have just submitted EE profile. Sitting at 468. After spending 7 years in Canada, doing bachelor's and having 1 year of experience. Bachelor's cost was about 60K only for tuition, not to mention that I had to work overnight campus jobs to support my living expenses. Of course CEC is a draw I am waiting for, and I think it is perfectly fair to have more of CEC draws because of the people's effort was put into immigration through the CEC route.

However I still wish luck to all of the members in this thread.
U have already lived in an English speaking country for 7 years , so 8777 should be pretty easy for u . Invest some time and money in that too mate , u I’ll get through easily

Babygal

Jul 24, 2020
The arguing is not needed, everyone should wait till wednesday to see. Plus this thread is for FSW don't know why it has suddenly turned into a battle between CEC and FSW. Time will tell.

omersalam

Nov 14, 2019
Just a simple question then: What is the point of CEC program anyways? Why not just having all FSW with some extra points for those with Canadian education and work experience?
Thats exactly what it is. FSWs were the only draws happening before the pandemic with extra points for those with canadian education and experience mate.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
The point is to have it couple of times in a year so that people with higher age/lower points can also benefit for their loyalty. For a reason throughout history the number of CEC draws are comparatively lower. Don't worry too much about it, IRCC doesn't follow a trend. I hope your turn comes soon.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys we already know that CEC candidates are more deserving because they have already managed to integrate into the Canadian society so continuing with CEC only draws is a no-brainer.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
The only worrying thing is rising covid cases. Canada is reporting record daily increase now. That is the only way CECs can resume although it didnt make sense in the first place as the length of time between an ITA and PR is significant.
The conditions are not serious. There are less than 100 persons hospitalized or in severe condition because of covid in Canada. Moreso, this is second wave and they will manage it effectively than the first one without lockdown due to experience gotten from the first wave. Hence, all program draws will continue

Reactions: BlindGoku
Status
Not open for further replies.