+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
@jrossi Thanks for thorough answer.
What I mean by "maxed out" languages is French (C1 for everything) and English (Listening 7,5 Reading 8,0 Writing 6,5 Speaking 7,5). Turns out If I work on my English, I could in fact add something to my score.
Still, I have 427 - the gap with 43 points makes it impossible to reach 470 even with another postgraduate certificate and maxed out English. I did not calculate exactly, I just can tell based of my knowledge of point distrebution.
Well, if you get CLB9 on the Writing and Listening section, and already having CLB7+ on French, I think it's near impossible for you not to achieve a 470+ score. But sure, you have plenty of room for improvement in the IELTS department.
I'll be targeting a CLB7 in French so that I can jump to 511. The only difference between you and me is the fact that I have this additional diploma, and it certainly doesn't add 40 points to my profile :p
Are you married? If you are, and your spouse does not have a language test, neither a bachelor degree, that can indeed greatly affect your score.

xzha700

Jul 9, 2020
Hi,

To be honest, I am not sure what your query is. Are you asking about proof of marriage ? If so then your marriage certificate shall suffice. If you are talking about proof of funds, I am pretty sure property investments wont work as funds tied in such investments are not readily available. Please correct me if I got your query wrong.

Regards,
Blue
Hey Thanks for helping! Sorry for the confusion, basically I'm wondering would couple bank statements from a year ago showing me and my partner lived in the same address and a shared credit card be enough to proof common law for EE?

Reactions: Kinshaku

sandeepkumar9788

Feb 25, 2020
What is the justification for a PGD to be considered a Master's?
Hi My college is in the list of colleges approved by AIU(Association of India universities) & NBA which gives the PGDM degree - master's degree equivalency status. I've send WES Canada the email attaching the same links. Did anyone got their PDGM (1yr) corrected to Master's degree after submitting AIU certificate to WES ?

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hey Thanks for helping! Sorry for the confusion, basically I'm wondering would couple bank statements from a year ago showing me and my partner lived in the same address and a shared credit card be enough to proof common law for EE?
Hi there,

I doubt that will work because the link below does not speak of credit card and bank account statement submissions.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14

would request some veterans to weigh in on this.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
The majority are CEC candidates, since they earn more points because for their Canadian diplomas and Canadian work experience.
But, you need to breakdown yours points a little bit more. What exactly "almost maxed out" means for your language exam? Have you achieved CLB9? CLB10? Or any of your grade under CLB8 or lower? That changes everything.
Also, doing a post-graduate course (1-2-3 yrs, you choose) greatly improves your score.
I'm also 31 (so -11 points to start with), also with 3+ years of work experience, with 100% maxed IELTS (CLB 10+ in all four skills), but I do have a post-graduation certificate of 18 months, which gave me some extra points. I also got 6 points from the French proficiency test. With that, I stand at 469.

So, quick answer: No, it's not necessary to have a Masters. But you need, at least, another diploma besides your bachelor degree, and you most certainly need to get CLB10 to be competitive.
I am actually kinda surprised that it took this long for the CRS to be at 470s cut-off. Being 28-29 years old, 5-6 years of work experience, master degree, and advanced level of English doesn't seem that impossible to me. Might be totally off tho lol..

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I am actually kinda surprised that it took this long for the CRS to be at 470s cut-off. Being 28-29 years old, 5-6 years of work experience, master degree, and advanced level of English doesn't seem that impossible to me. Might be totally off tho lol..
We mustn't forget that Express Entry is a relatively young immigration program.. only started towards the end of 2015 I think? So for the first 3 years or so, it was less well-known and not many applied who were young and had a masters degree. In the last two years, this has changed dramatically as more people realized the benefits of migrating to Canada.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
Could you please share some insight how come the cut-off of intakes never desreases 470+?
What I mean is that I almost maxed out language exams, have work experience more than 4 years (maxed out work experience), am 31 years old (not maximum points for age but still) have bachelor's degree but still cannot meet even 430.
Does it mean that all people who recieve ITA have Master's degrees and are accompanied by spouses who contribute to the score?
Thanks in advance for your hep in explaining.
From what I can see, another degree or diploma should fetch you another 30 odd points. It need not be a 2 year plus program either. I am assuming you have a single university bachelor's degree. Please check the CRS calculator to confirm.

If true, and given that you are still in your early thirties, do consider adding a diploma. You have already nailed French on your own. That's harder than earning another degree while time is still on your side.

Reactions: Igor_K

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
From what I can see, another degree or diploma should fetch you another 30 odd points. It need not be a 2 year plus program either. I am assuming you have a single university bachelor's degree. Please check the CRS calculator to confirm.

If true, and given that you are still in your early thirties, do consider adding a diploma. You have already nailed French on your own. That's harder than earning another degree while time is still on your side.
Thanks for encouragment and advise. You see, I have always aimed for Quebec and given the fact that Quebec program has made a huge turn towards applicats who are already in Quebec I have just recently decided to try the Federal program. It seems that my investigations were not thourough enaugh because up until recently I though that Field of study matters in Federal program (as it does in Quebec). In fact, only the level of education matter which is not bad considering that I really can invest some time and resourses into getting another post graduate diploma. Plus, I still have room to improve languages.
It seems I misunderstood the CRP in a way that I mixed CRP with program specific points. What I mean is that Federal Skilled Worker stream has cut-off of 67 points and having second language nailed to C2 will not give you more than 4points, while nailing C2 in a second language will always land you quite substantional amount of CRP.
I hope my way of thought was clear. In short, thanks for advise and ecouragment, it seems that 480+ is in fact doable ever for me.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for encouragment and advise. You see, I have always aimed for Quebec and given the fact that Quebec program has made a huge turn towards applicats who are already in Quebec I have just recently decided to try the Federal program. It seems that my investigations were not thourough enaugh because up until recently I though that Field of study matters in Federal program (as it does in Quebec). In fact, only the level of education matter which is not bad considering that I really can invest some time and resourses into getting another post graduate diploma. Plus, I still have room to improve languages.
It seems I misunderstood the CRP in a way that I mixed CRP with program specific points. What I mean is that Federal Skilled Worker stream has cut-off of 67 points and having second language nailed to C2 will not give you more than 4points, while nailing C2 in a second language will always land you quite substantional amount of CRP.
I hope my way of thought was clear. In short, thanks for advise and ecouragment, it seems that 480+ is in fact doable ever for me.
If you are considering post graduate programmes including Masters, Quebec is an excellent place to target. Most of the colleges are subsidized by the Quebec govt, and it won't cost you much to get a 12-month degree.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Guys, what will be the next draw? Pour your predictions and speculations?
Prediction - August19, 2020:
If it is a CEC/PNP draw (70% chance)
PNP/CEC draw: 448 cut off

If it is an all program draw (30% chance)
All program draw: 474 cut off

I think they will keep alternating draws for a while.
It interesting because there will be a heavy influx of PNP in the next few months. If they keep the alternating draws, it will help the general draw not to shoot up.

What are the thoughts of everyone else. Should they fully resume all program or keep alternating?

Reactions: Sharanm7

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021

It interesting because there will be a heavy influx of PNP in the next few months. If they keep the alternating draws, it will help the general draw not to shoot up.

What are the thoughts of everyone else. Should they fully resume all program or keep alternating?
They should resume all program...

ns317

Aug 29, 2019

Even though some 2,000 PNP NOIs were given out over a week or two, the nominations will be spread out much more. I don’t think the PNP number will rise above 700-800 profiles in the pool between fortnightly draws, because of the staggered way in which people submit their documents to the province.

Last year also, we had the same spate of nominations with Ontario and Saskatchewan inviting a number of people in a short period of time, but the pool number didn’t rise above the level I mentioned.

So all programs draw cutoff shouldnt go beyond the early 470s even when the late July PNPs start getting nominated.

BA RIZ

Jul 21, 2019
Guys, I've been waiting in the pool since May 2020. What are the chances of AINP and OINP? My CRS score is 453. Added points after my sister lands in Canada and my birthday, will be 463 (september).The FSW draws seem like a slim possibility... What are my options?
Job offer?
Further studies?
IELTs again?

NOC 0124
Masters ECA from WES
Age 33 (turning 34 in September)
LRWS 8, 8.5, 7, 8 (valid till May 2021)

Checked all the boxes for provinces in the express entry profile, as well as the last option 'all provinces'.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Guys, I've been waiting in the pool since May 2020. What are the chances of AINP and OINP? My CRS score is 453. Added points after my sister lands in Canada and my birthday, will be 463 (september).The FSW draws seem like a slim possibility... What are my options?
Job offer?
Further studies?
IELTs again?

NOC 0124
Masters ECA from WES
Age 33 (turning 34 in September)
LRWS 8, 8.5, 7, 8 (valid till May 2021)

Checked all the boxes for provinces in the express entry profile, as well as the last option 'all provinces'.
Study french. With the right strategy, you can achieve +42 points, or even more (but it could take a little bit more than the expire date of your IELTS), which would most certainly solve your problem (even if you turn 34 or 35 years).

Reactions: BlindGoku
Status
Not open for further replies.