+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #159 – August 6, 2020

Federal Skilled Trades

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 250Footnote *

Rank required to be invited to apply: 250th or above

Date and time of round: August 6, 2020 at 13:46:53 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 415

Tie-breaking rule: June 2, 2020 at 09:35:31 UTC
Ok, that was unexpected!
I'm relieved, so there's no risk of a FST delaying future draws and buffering the pool.

Also, makes very likely that next draws will continue to be general ones.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
I believe All program draw is here to stay, if not, FST would have been done in 2 weeks time or probably with PNP/CEC. For this to happen tonight, I wont be surprised if B2B fsw happens next week or All program draw in 2 weeks time

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Is it good news that FST draw happened randomly? What can this tell?
It's obviously good news, sign that things are returning to normal. People were thinking IRCC would conduct a FST alone, which would make a bottleneck of people with higher scores in other programs.

Curious if IRCC will do alternating draws between CEC/PNP and All program/FST (250) invites, for the rest of the year. Seems possible because I think they issue like 1,000 FST exclusive ITAs. Or maybe just general draws from now on, with sporadic 250 FST? Only time will tell.

They did only 250 tho, compared to the normal 500.

Reactions: junro and jrossi

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Two things are confirmed now:
1. That maintenance window is nothing to do with the draws
2. IRCC is highly unpredictable Lol

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
If I get ITA in upcoming draws (e.g. on 15 September 2020) with secondary applicant Ielts to be expired on September 29, 2020,
1- Would I be able to update it with new Ielts score after receiving having the ITA ? or
2-I would just have 14 days to submit my application ?

Kindly update me on that, don't want to risk anything.

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Waiting with 466 CRS score since long. Losing hopes with the unpredictable FSW draws :(
Don't lose hope man. Things are getting better now. It's hard to get a good ielts score, a master's degree and more than three years work experience while being under 30 years old. I don't believe the number of folks above 471 will remain high as long as the regular draws happen bi-weekly as before. Even as they did the all program draw monthly, the score still went down a little (478-476). If they do this alternate pattern onwards, sooner or later they will run out of CEC folks because if I'm correct ielts are not normal yet. I logged on IELTs canada to check the tests available and it is still shut down. During the pandemic, it's certainly harder for folks to get the things needed to be in the pool.

Reactions: PG12

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Don't lose hope man. Things are getting better now. It's hard to get a good ielts score, a master's degree and more than three years work experience while being under 30 years old. I don't believe the number of folks above 471 will remain high as long as the regular draws happen bi-weekly as before. Even as they did the all program draw monthly, the score still went down a little (478-476). If they do this alternate pattern onwards, sooner or later they will run out of CEC folks because if I'm correct ielts are not normal yet. I logged on IELTs canada to check the tests available and it is still shut down. During the pandemic, it's certainly harder for folks to get the things needed to be in the pool.
With all due respect if the best candidates for FSW, ie those above 470 are prevented from entering the pool for various reasons what is the reason for restarting FSW draws. I am sure the score will stay above 470 for the rest of the year.

People have already immigrated to Canada to do their Masters to gain as high of a CRS score as possible to beat the express entry system. This is the new normal for immigration. With B.C. no longer providing support for food service supervisors, etc I don’t think that it will be viable with those with just a diploma or an undergrad to immigrate to Canada anymore. It’s a highly risky venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.