+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef000

Jul 15, 2020
I'll complete my master degree by mid August and then get it ECA ASAP. My crs will be 476 before my birthday in Nov, and only 471 after. Do i stand a good chance to get ITA in the near future with the recent draw at 478? I'm in FSW.
Thanks a ton!

• Haha
Reactions: aj534160

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I'll complete my master degree by mid August and then get it ECA ASAP. My crs will be 476 before my birthday in Nov, and only 471 after. Do i stand a good chance to get ITA in the near future with the recent draw at 478? I'm in FSW.
Thanks a ton!
Yes, you stand a decent chance even with your 471. There's absolutely nothing to be worried about here.

You should be worried about whether you'll be able to get the ECA done in a short period of time as projected due covid.

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
You think is better to try to get an Letter from the bank right now with no ITA, but with high chances on getting it next all program draw.
Not sure why I have it in my mind, perhaps read somewhere, that the proof of funds should be dated after ITA. I might be wrong though, and you can have one that is a few days older than the ITA.
You can get your letters before you received an ITA, there's no problem at all. Especially if it probably won't be up to a month old.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
The OINP HCP stream will happen in August.
On the basis of last years trend, one can expect OINP draws in this month or next. Let's hope these draws to be big one for score to fall.

45 days are given to submit the documents after receiving NOI. and meanwhile if you receive the EE ITA, you can withdraw from the nomination application
Hopefully! I have a friend who is waiting for an Ontario tech stream draw, like the one that happened in August 2019, as he is a software developer.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thanks a ton!
Congrats on being close to finishing your master's. Please bear in mind you need to send your degree certificate for ECA, not your transcript, so you will need to wait for graduation, right?
Also please check which one of the organizations (WES, IQAS, CES, etc.) have the shortest processing times before you choose one. :)

mushthaq33

Jun 24, 2020
Hopefully! I have a friend who is waiting for an Ontario tech stream draw, like the one that happened in August 2019, as he is a software developer.
My wife and I are waiting for that too with a score of 467. Hoping it would happen today or later this month. :)

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
My wife and I are waiting for that too with a score of 467. Hoping it would happen today or later this month. :)
If I were you, I would wish for the tech draw to happen next month. Based on my observations, Ontario uses the previous draw cut-off to send their invitations. So let's hope Ontario will only conduct the draw after the next general draw, so that the range of CRS to receive the NOIs will be lower, too.

mushthaq33

Jun 24, 2020
If I were you, I would wish for the tech draw to happen next month. Based on my observations, Ontario uses the previous draw cut-off to send their invitations. So let's hope Ontario will only conduct the draw after the next general draw, so that the range of CRS to receive the NOIs will be lower, too.
Agreed on that point. Being hopeful :)

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Agreed on that point. Being hopeful :)
:) You are lucky to be with NOCs in demand. Ontario conducted the draws during May and June when the pandemic was still on high. There is no reason why they won't carry on doing that.
I remember the tech draw in May only targeted CEC candidates. I am not sure how many NOIs were wasted since the cut-off dipped to 431 and the highest CRS to receive the NOIs was 452. And I wonder how many lower-scored CEC candidates who did not accept the invitation, thinking the CEC draws would continue forever, and now regret their decisions.

Beef000

Jul 15, 2020
Congrats on being close to finishing your master's. Please bear in mind you need to send your degree certificate for ECA, not your transcript, so you will need to wait for graduation, right?
Also please check which one of the organizations (WES, IQAS, CES, etc.) have the shortest processing times before you choose one. :)
last i checked WES still has the fastest timeline, even during COVID. fingers crossed i'll get their ECA # ASAP

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
One of the most confusing aspects of the entire process is PROOF OF FUNDS. I'd really appreciate if someone can post a few useful blogs, web pages, threads dedicated to the same.

Reactions: Sharanm7

Maple hopeful

Jul 16, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please I need sincere answers on my case, thank you.
I am in the pool with unaccompanied spouse at 468,
but with my spouse added we will be on 461 .
If you were to be in my position will you continue the process as unaccompanied spouse or wait for the scores to drop to 461 and everyone moves together ?
NB : I am currently running master hopefully I get done by August 2021, which is also my birthday and I start losing points for my age

Status
Not open for further replies.