+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirmore

Jul 16, 2020
This page should be useful to you.

1. You do not need a joint account, as long as the spouse is accompanying. You do need a document stating that the money in the spouse's account is free to use. You must prove that the primary applicant has access to the money.
2. Gather funds as early as possible. One of the requirements for the proof of funds is that the letter must show your account balance for the past 6 months. The balance does not need to be above the proof of funds for all six months but if you have a sudden influx of money right at the end they will likely be suspicious and you will need to explain it. They want to know that the money will still be there when you land.
3. The money has to be free for you to use immediately, and it must be a stable source, so not stocks or a retirement fund. Ideally it's in a savings account.
4. The only requirement is a statement from your bank, as stated on their site. Here is the exact wording they say:

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.
Letter(s) must
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
The reason you will see some people getting bank statements, etc, is because their bank c
would not print the letter with everything IRCC asked for, so they are trying to cover all the requirements, and then they will provide a letter of explanation saying why they didn't give the letter in the correct format and what they did provide. If you can get the document with everything they ask then its fine. My bank would not put my account number on the letter so we printed out a statement with my account number on it and they stamped it for me.
5. If you are not sure when you will get an ITA then its better to wait, as I found it was very easy to get this letter from my bank. My score was 481 so I was 100% certain I would be drawn, which is why I got it slightly early. It allowed me to apply immediately when I got the ITA and it took one more thing off my plate. You want it to be dated as recently as possible because IRCC is trying to see your current funds.
6. Not sure how gift deeds work but many people use them (I did not). Again, you need to prove the primary applicant has access to these funds somehow.
I can see a couple of people have mentioned that the fund must be in your local currency. Is this really required? Can I also have my funds in foreign currency domicilliary account especially to hedge against local currency devaluation

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I can see a couple of people have mentioned that the fund must be in your local currency. Is this really required? Can I also have my funds in foreign currency domicilliary account especially to hedge against local currency devaluation
Same question, I worked in the US for 2+ years, and was planning to use that bank account as I have my some of my savings there. My money in Mexico is not un a checkings account currently.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Reading through some of the comments I just want to thank everyone who wants the best for me. I will still be on the forum until August and at which point I will completely give up on being able to immigrate to Canada.

There are many abuses within the system that I have seen mainly through the LMIA and FSW streams and hopefully I can help legitimate immigrants who wish to bypass the minefield of immigration.

Unfortunately shady consultants and lawyers who have used the law to enrich themselves just make it incredibly difficult for legitimate immigrants who wish to move permanently incredibly difficult.

We have already seen a knock on effect where international students who come here to do a diploma or degree no longer can depend on a certain future if they wish to make Canada their permanent abode.
Sad mate, but don't give up. What's your NOC? Provincial nomination isn't out of the question, you know?

Reactions: Islander216

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Reading through some of the comments I just want to thank everyone who wants the best for me. I will still be on the forum until August and at which point I will completely give up on being able to immigrate to Canada.

There are many abuses within the system that I have seen mainly through the LMIA and FSW streams and hopefully I can help legitimate immigrants who wish to bypass the minefield of immigration.

Unfortunately shady consultants and lawyers who have used the law to enrich themselves just make it incredibly difficult for legitimate immigrants who wish to move permanently incredibly difficult.

We have already seen a knock on effect where international students who come here to do a diploma or degree no longer can depend on a certain future if they wish to make Canada their permanent abode.
Have you ever considered learning french? With enough dedication, you can get a solid CLB7 within 6-10 months, and that would certainly open your path for an ITA.

Reactions: jesse1120

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Do you really think that? Because as per different analysis people been doing lately, there is very little chance for CRS to fall below 470. let's hope for the best.
We need a field more rounds to see the trend. All the predictions were with implied disclaimers. There has been only one round of general draws. It is too soon to predict anything.

Reactions: lone_ranger

Smithens

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Do you really think that? Because as per different analysis people been doing lately, there is very little chance for CRS to fall below 470. let's hope for the best.
Do your best and leave God the rest. Literally anything can happen with future draws, the situation is too volatile at the moment. All FSW candidates were surprised a week ago because everything pointed that specific draws would continue. Be patient!

Reactions: lone_ranger

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hopefully! I have a friend who is waiting for an Ontario tech stream draw, like the one that happened in August 2019, as he is a software developer.
As per the past trend, there is expected to be a draw in July or August. Now the question stays, how many nominations issued and what will be all program score at that time.

For example, one thing to be noticed in the targeted draw (not TECH targeted) conducted in Feb 2020 was the density of the pool. Around 500 nominations were issued and the score range was 471 - 467.

Let's hope OINP make draw after FSW next week at least for score to drop by good number

Reactions: PG12

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
We need a field more rounds to see the trend. All the predictions were with implied disclaimers. There has been only one round of general draws. It is too soon to predict anything.
Yes, you are right.

As per the annual report issued by the IRCC, it can be seen one of the determining factors for inflating the score was PNPs. As happened in the case of Australia where they started a crackdown on people who exploited the provincial nominations to enter the country and then moved out of designated state, this is what Canada is moving towards (well in some way). By reducing processing time for PNP nominations and introducing different pilot projects, they are moving people out of already well-populated areas of Canada.

So faster the PNP processing, greater the number of PNPs in each draw. A lot of factors.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Quick question on the sideline of FSW discussion.

If a person adds his/ her spouse after AOR and before COPR, he/ she still need to provide evidence for proof of funds? In that case, how can one establish 6 months history? What's the protocol? Can anyone guide?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Considering the current backlog above CRS 470 and very less % of new addition of EE applicants getting added to current distribution list (due to IELTS and ECAs on hold), the chances of CRS to fall till 460-465 are higher. Its just a matter of couple of upcoming draws, things will be in favour for so many.

So, applicants with 460+ should be hopeful for getting a direct ITA. Be positive!

Also, Ontario will soon conduct tech and general draws within next 2 months, which is an another ray of hope for so many Canada aspirants. Don't forget OINP annual targets (Year 2020) are yet to be achieved and they have not reduced their targets or announced anything yet.

Always remember - Its not over until you WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.