+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
I
Congratulations on increasing yours by so much. What did you do? Maybe your experience will help others here. Unless you've already shared it. :)

Yup! Exactly. Who knows what might happen going forward. Maybe IRCC decides to create rotating stream-based draws, where only CECs are drawn in some. Nobody knows. Making backup plans is alright, but it's not worth losing all hope.
Hey buddy,
No I have not shared anything yet, I have a bachelors degree, had ielts, 8.5,7.5,7,8 LRWS. 424 points, had to do a one year diploma from England (distant learning) to qualify for (Two or more degrees). Both I and my wife did that diploma, we both received one year equivalency from wes. My wife tried her luck with ielts and fetched us another 8 points. And finally, I have a brother in Canada but I included his points from start. So, all in all, 470 :). Praying for an ITA in a month or so.

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
I

Hey buddy,
No I have not shared anything yet, I have a bachelors degree, had ielts, 8.5,7.5,7,8 LRWS. 424 points, had to do a one year diploma from England (distant learning) to qualify for (Two or more degrees). Both I and my wife did that diploma, we both received one year equivalency from wes. My wife tried her luck with ielts and fetched us another 8 points. And finally, I have a brother in Canada but I included his points from start. So, all in all, 470 :). Praying for an ITA in a month or so.
Thats great. I actually once thought of doing the same with MSc from UOL for a Masters equivalency. But, I am not sure whether it would be assessed as Masters equivalent or not.
Good Job..

Sharanm7

Mar 23, 2019
Yep. @intenationalmallu has always been positive. Just for your sake, I wish one CEC exclusive draw to happen. All the best! :)

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I

Hey buddy,

Sorry but doesnt the two or more bachelor degrees, diplomas mean that each of your degree or diploma has to be of three years or more?

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys! New here! Wish all good luck! And here is the question: I got a reference letter from my former manager (I’m not working for that company now for two years already). The manager is a really nice dude, the reference letter also looks good. However, due to the pandemic, he had to quit his job. So he’s not working there anymore, but I still have a letter. Thus the question - should I get a new letter from HR who doesn’t even know me. Or is it ok to explain later on in a Letter of Explanation that he quitted and this is his new email (cuz the one on the letter was his corporate one)?

Reactions: khush.sib

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
So, all in all, 470 :). Praying for an ITA in a month or so.
Well done! If you get an ITA, are you planning on settling with your brother or somewhere else?
Hi guys! New here! Wish all good luck! And here is the question: I got a reference letter from my former manager (I’m not working for that company now for two years already). The manager is a really nice dude, the reference letter also looks good. However, due to the pandemic, he had to quit his job. So he’s not working there anymore, but I still have a letter. Thus the question - should I get a new letter from HR who doesn’t even know me. Or is it ok to explain later on in a Letter of Explanation that he quitted and this is his new email (cuz the one on the letter was his corporate one)?
That sounds fine to me - I don't see why IRCC could expect someone else to keep their job for your sake. Does it have that person's contact details on the letter, or the company details? Either way, someone should be able to confirm that you were working there if IRCC calls to check.

Reactions: joconstantine

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Thank you do the reply! It has his personal phone number and corporate emails which he doesn’t use anymore. So should I mention anything like that in the Letter of Explanation or just submit it this way cuz anyway if they don’t reach him on his email they can reach him by phone?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you do the reply! It has his personal phone number and corporate emails which he doesn’t use anymore. So should I mention anything like that in the Letter of Explanation or just submit it this way cuz anyway if they don’t reach him on his email they can reach him by phone?
My assumption would be they would try every way to contact. And then perhaps reach out to you. But it's not as though they contact everyone anyway, as far as I know. Only if there are problems. Maybe you could get some other random confirmation that you worked at that company from HR now? And then you attach both for your application.

Let's see if anyone else here has some comments on this one. :)

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
If you're really scared about your speaking score, I suggest to have it professionally evaluated. I'm quite confident in my speech, but even I got scared, because well IELTS is IELTS, and you never know: what's acceptable to you, might not be acceptable to the examiner. I only booked the exam when my online evaluator told me I'm good enough to get a band 8, which I did. I understand where you're coming, from a country such as ours, even though it is flooded in English, we always have an affinity for our native tongue; and believe me, having a professional tell you that you can get a 7 or 8 makes a whole lot of difference in your attitude towards the test. The bonus part about having someone evaluate you is that if they tell you that you only get a 5 or 6 now, they'll guide on what to do to get a 7. As least that's my experience from my chosen evaluator.

Nope, proof of funds is NOT a booster, but a minimum requirement which needs to be met; and they have strict requirements for it too. So you should build it up slowly and don't suddenly shock it with a huge deposit just before you create your EE profile, otherwise you might have a good amount of explaining to do if you ever get an ITA.

WES is not that complicated, it's practically the easiest of the requirement to meet: open a WES account, pay the fee, send the transcript, that's it and wait. They'll even provide you instructions on how to do it. The clincher part is when you say how they will assess you, and as I suggest in the previous message, they have a sort of preview option. Type in your school, and type in your degree and they'll pre-assess you free of charge. If you get a BS degree in the pre-assessment, go with WES, if not, then you can start looking for other options. I agree though, WES is expensive it's 220 CAD + shipping as I can remember.

I've actually read something like that too, and frankly I agree with it, since the LMIA process is something most companies in Canada would want to avoid; The LMIA carries a hefty fee for companies and can get quite lengthy to try and hire someone without a PR, so you can't blame them for choosing not to go for it. When I was taking one of the seminars/tutorials with British Council, I came across a fellow who said that it's his 3rd time taking IELTS not because he's not getting the band score he needs, but because his IELTS always gets expired for his EE profile and his immigration consultant can't seem to get him an LMIA job. If you do the math, IELTS has an expiry of 2 years, so if it's his 3rd time, then he's already been in the pool for at least 4 years. I don't mean to dishearten you, but unless you have a really niche skillset for a very specific position, I suggest that you shouldn't rely on an LMIA to get to Canada. Go for LMIA as Plan B or C, but not plan A.

You might want to go through the POEA route (the old school method for getting jobs outside of PH), then apply to Canada later for CEC, but that's something I personally would avoid, POEA can be a nightmare, so I've heard. Given you still have a few years to go before you turn 30, and you're really decided to Canada, I truly suggest that you look at the possibility of getting an MS or studying French, CELPIP is available here in the PH. At least you can control those factors, and can really help you with your immigration goals.

On the last bit, well you and me both, and I'm going to start losing points this year too because of age, so you can see just how much I share your sentiment especially with all of the recent events here.

Status
Not open for further replies.