Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
If IRCC says you require 13,000 CAD (for e.g,), then you need 13000 CAD equivalent in your local currency.
Funds must be in your local currency (e.g. INR) and the funds proof letter from your bank could contain a conversion to CAD. The officer will use the conversion rate applicable on the day he/she evaluates your application to see how much money in CAD you have. It is good practice always to have a good amount of buffer (maybe 1000 odd dollars) to account for any fluctuations in exchange rates between the time the application is submitted and the officer evaluates it.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
So we need to fill and submit individual applications on psk website and also pay seperate fees, right?

Another point, which option we fill in the purpose? Residence permit/immigration purposes other than citizenship, long term stay, etc.? Read somewhere we should not put in residence permit. Is that true?
1. Yes
2. Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just note that upfront medicals aren't done everywhere. So one must be a bit lucky as well. For example, I had considered doing it in either South Africa or India last year as I had a scheduled trip to India at that time, and the costs were much cheaper in India. However, the CEC approved clinic in that city in India told me they would do medicals only if you have an ITA. So I had to do it in South Africa.

So for everyone considering this, check with your local CEC approved clinic first.
Interesting! Thank you for sharing.

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
If ur fresh to the express entry and u r a fsw candidate (which means federal skilled worker, i. e, outlander) the major hurdle you may have right now is getting ECA done for ur qualifications and IELTS TESTS. WES and other organizations are working remotley and having delays in preparing these reports. Language tests are only available in limited place in limited numbers. As long as you have both these ready, u can enter the pool as soon as u can.

Google "crs calculator Canada" to check ur points and begin ur journey.
All the very best!
Thanks for your encouraging response!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Anyone know if transcripts are supposed to be uploaded for the education section as well? I did my degree certificate, plus the WES ECA report. But not the transcripts.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Anyone know if transcripts are supposed to be uploaded for the education section as well? I did my degree certificate, plus the WES ECA report. But not the transcripts.
You don't need to upload transcripts. Your ECA report and school certificates will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.