+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Usually months that have 5 wednesdays are months where IRCC deploys B2B draws. That was the case on April, when we had 3 draws in the same month, and might possibly be the case again in July, since there will be 5 Wednesdays again.
As much as I would love to witness B2B draws, I doubt they would conduct these. Going by your logic there were 5 Wednesdays in Jan 2020 and in Oct 2019. Both of these months had a draw every other week. So it is safe to assume the next one takes place on July 22nd and not the 16th.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

rare.human

Sep 12, 2017
A one week draw has happened in the past (at least in 2019) only when there has been a reason to do so - anticipating the Christmas break or to make up for a skipped draw.

This year, IRCC has been remarkably consistent with draw schedule and draw size. 3,900 every two weeks has been the norm since targets were declared and it seems exactly designed to enable them to invite just over 90,000 by mid December. 91,800 was the mid-target declared for the year for express entry (low was some 88,500 and high was 100,000). Even during covid lockdown, they managed to keep this rate consistent even though they skipped a few days when the crisis first started and then brought it back on track by doing a slightly early draw.

So I don’t think there will be a draw on the 15th. But there should be a draw on the 22nd.
May I ask if their target was to send out 90k invitations by that time, or was it to get that many immigrants? Because not everyone receiving an invitation is likely to suceed, and the rate of success is actually lower than we may think.

It's actually comparable to the diversity visa system of the US, where roughly 90k-100k invitations are sent, from which roughly 70k respond back by applying and only less than 49k actually make it.

I understand they want to get about 350k immigrants by 2022, derivatives included. That could be achieved by having roughly 3900 invitations sent out every 2 weeks, given tht everyone who applies will be given the visa and along with their derivatives they will make up a total number of 4900ish.

What I am trying to say that, they have good reasons to conduct draws more often or to issue more invitation depending on the rate of response or denials. But hey! What do we know of that ;).

Let's just get out points and keep put, lol

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Brace for impact!!!
IELTS resuming in India from 16th July....

As per my prediction, we may see a major drop of CRS points in the very next draw, its gonna go up again after that. There would be more people than ever before joining the pool in the coming days.

Still, everyone cannot make 470+, right?
Hopefully 460-470 bracket may get cleared before October.
One thing to be noted, only 50 persons are allowed to sit in exam including academic and General... so I guess not all 25 persons would be able to score.... rest see....

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Yes otherwise what is the point of restarting FSW draws. Also pre pandemic the scores were consistently above 470.

The new game plan is to come as a masters student in Canada (ensure it’s a 2 year masters program to get a 3 year PGWP). Then gain additional points for Canadian experience. We can see numerous people starting to do this already. This will be the new normal.
What about those outside Canada who don't want to enter as students? Those who are relying on EE, how soon can they enter the pool if they are just starting the entire process now?

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
What about those outside Canada who don't want to enter as students? Those who are relying on EE, how soon can they enter the pool if they are just starting the entire process now?
If ur fresh to the express entry and u r a fsw candidate (which means federal skilled worker, i. e, outlander) the major hurdle you may have right now is getting ECA done for ur qualifications and IELTS TESTS. WES and other organizations are working remotley and having delays in preparing these reports. Language tests are only available in limited place in limited numbers. As long as you have both these ready, u can enter the pool as soon as u can.

Google "crs calculator Canada" to check ur points and begin ur journey.
All the very best!

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Another one guys, can we consider mutual funds and FDs while submitting proof of funds or does it have to be money in account? Also, if me and wife gave to show combined money, does it have to be in a joint account or can we show seperate accounts?
I also have this query? Can we include MF or share stocks statements ?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
May I ask if their target was to send out 90k invitations by that time, or was it to get that many immigrants? Because not everyone receiving an invitation is likely to suceed, and the rate of success is actually lower than we may think.

It's actually comparable to the diversity visa system of the US, where roughly 90k-100k invitations are sent, from which roughly 70k respond back by applying and only less than 49k actually make it.

I understand they want to get about 350k immigrants by 2022, derivatives included. That could be achieved by having roughly 3900 invitations sent out every 2 weeks, given tht everyone who applies will be given the visa and along with their derivatives they will make up a total number of 4900ish.

What I am trying to say that, they have good reasons to conduct draws more often or to issue more invitation depending on the rate of response or denials. But hey! What do we know of that ;).

Let's just get out points and keep put, lol
Yup, these are targets for landed immigrants. But after spending the entire 2019 trying to find a logic behind their assumed correlation between that number and the invited number for a particular year, I gave up. It did match very closely in 2019 (both numbers were around 87-88K), so nowadays I just use that number as a good proxy.

The 350K immigrant number includes other streams as well, not just Express Entry. You can see the table here, where it adds up to 351,000 in 2021 and the split of that number between the various categories of immigrants: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2020.html

What you said in the end is exactly right though. There are far too many things unpredictable about this process. Anybody with less than 470-471 points should just continue trying to increase the points as much as possible.

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
A quick question guys. Do we need to apply seperately for the police verification of both me and my wife if I'm the primary applicant? Or only I need to apply?

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Both applicants.
So we need to fill and submit individual applications on psk website and also pay seperate fees, right?

Another point, which option we fill in the purpose? Residence permit/immigration purposes other than citizenship, long term stay, etc.? Read somewhere we should not put in residence permit. Is that true?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
That's great and speedy. Medicals were done before as well? is that doable?
Only saw this message now! Yes, absolutely. You can go anytime for your medicals, and tell them you're there to do an "upfront medical exam". Just make sure you walk out with an eMedical form, with your UMI number on top. You can go back to get your results after they've been submitted, if you want to. They'll be valid for 12 months, and uploaded onto the eMedical system for the Canadian Government to use once you've submitted a PR application. Better to get these things done in advance if you think you'll be drawn fairly soon.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Only saw this message now! Yes, absolutely. You can go anytime for your medicals, and tell them you're there to do an "upfront medical exam". Just make sure you walk out with an eMedical form, with your UMI number on top. You can go back to get your results after they've been submitted, if you want to. They'll be valid for 12 months, and uploaded onto the eMedical system for the Canadian Government to use once you've submitted a PR application. Better to get these things done in advance if you think you'll be drawn fairly soon.
Just note that upfront medicals aren't done everywhere. So one must be a bit lucky as well. For example, I had considered doing it in either South Africa or India last year as I had a scheduled trip to India at that time, and the costs were much cheaper in India. However, the CEC approved clinic in that city in India told me they would do medicals only if you have an ITA. So I had to do it in South Africa.

So for everyone considering this, check with your local CEC approved clinic first.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I also have this query? Can we include MF or share stocks statements ?
It has to be money that is readily accessible by you and that is not subject to market fluctuations. MFs and Stocks are subject to market risks and their value is not static; therefore they cannot be used as proof of funds. You will likely get hit with an additional document request if you do this. Liquidate what you need, put it in your bank, get the statement and add an letter of explanantion to explain where the funds came from.

Reactions: MJ Mumbai
Status
Not open for further replies.