+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Also, we stand at 477 right now. But in October, we lose 5 points. Now, if we get an ita in let's say September, losing points in October doesn't affect us, right?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
The question you should be asking yourself is: Am I willing to accept that a 470 could come, but a 467 may not? And, by the time you realize that, the 470 might not come again?
If you're willing to accept the risk of not going ahead with you immigration plan because you bet on that, then go ahead.
I can't accept that with my plan, so I continue to try to increase my score, no matter what. Even if there's a B2B draw now, and a following one on July 29th and I get my ITA on that occasion, I will definitely attempt the TCF Canada exam on August, because who knows if I might not get my application rejected and need to reenter the pool all over again in early 2021? What if by that time, CRS criteria has changed entirely, and I might not even qualify for not having enough french? Who knows? I'm not playing around with my plan, and will do whatever is at my reach to increase my score, until the day I receive my PPR/COPR.
I don't want to be rude, but... man, this is your lifeplan! Are you really willing to trust it based on the pieces of advice of random people on a forum?
This isn't a good line of thought, except of course you aren't telling something here. Nobody here has ever thought of being denied after ITA. Is there issue with any of your documents? If yes, get it sorted before ITA. You might not be lucky enough to get a second chance because applications aren't always rejected on the basis of eligibility all the time - sometimes, they can be rejected for misrepresentation and if this happens, that's an automatic 5years ban bar any judicial review.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Our score stands at 467, lost 5 points in April after my husband's birthday. We can still increase it to 470 by giving IELTS again, but we are waiting to see the trend since the virus is in a roll and our city went into full lockdown again. Do you guys think it is better to wait and expect an ITA on this score OR should definitely increase it to 470, otherwise it's a lost cause?
Please do not wait, go for the ielts. Time is essential in this pursuit

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Another one guys, can we consider mutual funds and FDs while submitting proof of funds or does it have to be money in account? Also, if me and wife gave to show combined money, does it have to be in a joint account or can we show seperate accounts?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wonder the same. Like, does they prioritize people with higher scores? with children? people in NOCs that have shortages?
No - it doesn't work that way. It's based on other factors. Background and security checks are probably the main influencers on how long it takes. It's much easier to verify background information (e.g. employment information) and security (i.e. criminality) from some countries than others. Some countries are far more cooperative and/or have better record systems, etc. So one of the big influencers on processing time is where someone is from and where they have lived. Additionally, there is more scrutinty for countries with higher rates of document fraud.

Reactions: jrossi

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I beg to differ....The only thing required by IRCC is your work reference letter
any other document is optional. Learn to keep your application as simple as possible.
Because of such suggestions, people get ADR or review required from CIC if their reference letter is not upto the mark.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Another one guys, can we consider mutual funds and FDs while submitting proof of funds or does it have to be money in account? Also, if me and wife gave to show combined money, does it have to be in a joint account or can we show seperate accounts?
The only thing you have to keep in mind is - you have to obtain letter from your bank and mutual funds company confirming that these funds are free from any debts and can be liquidated at any given point of time. You can show them separately, doesn't matter.

Reactions: Godisguru

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
The only thing you have to keep in mind is - you have to obtain letter from your bank and mutual funds company confirming that these funds are free from any debts and can be liquidated at any given point of time. You can show them separately, doesn't matter.
Thanks a lot, buddy! So we can show money in different accounts? Because someone told us we need to have a joint account. Also, any idea if Indian mutual funds companies issue such letters?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Thanks a lot, buddy! So we can show money in different accounts? Because someone told us we need to have a joint account. Also, any idea if Indian mutual funds companies issue such letters?
If she is primary applicant and you want to show some part of funds from your account, submit "No objection certificate" stating that your wife can also access these funds and you have no objection for this access.

Yes, I have seen many of applicants able to manage such letters in the case of mutual funds and it worked very well for them for showing proof of funds.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Our score stands at 467, lost 5 points in April after my husband's birthday. We can still increase it to 470 by giving IELTS again, but we are waiting to see the trend since the virus is in a roll and our city went into full lockdown again. Do you guys think it is better to wait and expect an ITA on this score OR should definitely increase it to 470, otherwise it's a lost cause?
You have two options. One is to go and write the exam compromising the risk that this virus could pose. There is still a high chance that the virus that infects us might create greater impact to our family members (I pray all remain safe)
Other is being complacent with this current score
467 is still a good chance.
Immigration is our ultimate goal but this is not the time to venture when cases are creeping and the death toll is on the rise
Many cannot write IELTS the way it was before. Globally, IELTS is running the show with less than 10% of what it used to be
ECA organizations such as WES/CES have started to physical documents that came to their offices by April
So clearly, logically and practically the cut-off will undoubtedly come down (provided IRCC keeps calling 3.9 or 3.6k every fortnight)
Frankly, not even 500 members can get added to the pool every fortnight and not sure why some people are inundated with extreme uncertainty
I will bet that the in three to 4 draws, the cut-off score will plummet to 465 and lower
So do not lose hope or remain anxious
A neighbor of mine (friend) went to office (last week) and came back. He did not know that he was contracted with that killer virus
Unfortunately, it passed on to his family members. Sadly yesterday his granny passed away, dad's in ICU but mom and him are doing better now
I mean, these turn of events were caused only because of he stepping out.
So, guys, immigration is important but is definitely not pivotal than the safety of ourselves and our family, neighbors, acquaintances.
Anything above 465 is a good score. Do not risk. I repeat do not risk
My friend regrets every single minute of him going out.
Take the virus seriously.
Not the right time to venture out. Tomo IDP or BC will not help if something goes worse
I'm still depressed at what happened to my friend in just one week
I beg every member of this forum to just remain safe and never venture out.
I'm not demotivating or anything there but this virus really kills many and I have seen it taking the lives of my friend's family
Let us simply pause it for some while until govt gains the upper hand over this virus.

Last edited:

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi all, need your urgent help. I have received my ITA on July 8 draw, however, now I realize that I'm unable to see 'level of education as per eca'.
I have bachelor's and masters according to India. But wes said it's bachelor's and one year pg diploma. I clearly remember there were two fields for level of education, one which said level of education (where I entered bachelor's and masters) and level of education as per eca was asked - where I selected -'two or more certificates'.
I clearly remember this, however, I'm unable to see the field of 'level of education as per eca'. I'm just seeing the level of education I have entered, which is masters.
But I haven't misrepresented or anything.
Is somebody also unable to view this field. Please help, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.