Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Bro, a question, I have heard that it takes around 6 months before you complete all formalities and fly to Canada. Is that true? Also, it's 6 or whatever months from the day you accept ita, or from the day you submit all documents and do stuff required at your end?
The average before COVID was 6 months, according to IRCC. It might be longer now. There were people getting their applications processed in as little as 4 months. And those who took a lot longer than the average. Get your documents asap, and then submit asap, so that you enter the processing period. :)

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Is there any place where this 6 month limit is stated officially? Or is it just based on reports of other people here in the forum?
Someone I know got ADR because of this some months ago. That said, it's logical not to accept an 'outdated' document from a current employer. You work there at the moment so if they could give it then, that means they can give it now. If you request for it and they decline, you can then submit what you have and write a letter of explanation to state why you couldn't get an updated one - with proofs (a screenshot of your HR/Direct Manager response as to why they could not issue it would suffice here).

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
The average before COVID was 6 months, according to IRCC. It might be longer now. There were people getting their applications processed in as little as 4 months. And those who took a lot longer than the average. Get your documents asap, and then submit asap, so that you enter the processing period. :)
They always said 6 months, but as matter of fact, in accordance with the 2019 EE Report published by IRCC this month, last year the average processing time for FSWs was 9 months! Even for CECs it took on average 7 months! The report itself even says: "
In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months"

I'm just not sure if these 9 months refers from the time between AOR and COPR, or AOR and PPR.

Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

I'd like to share some inputs from someone coming from the same country.

APPLICATION:
>> No proof of funds needed during application, it comes after ITA.
>> Based on your timeline, you don't need to gather your financial data now, what you need to do is start saving so you can meet the minimum monetary requirements and have some left over, I think it's about 14,000 CAD this year (show money if you will). Get the bank accounts later.
>> I do not have immigration consultant. Based on the IRCC's website it seems you don't need one, assuming you're confident enough with your points.

IELTS:
>> I took my IELTS with British Council in BGC last March. CLB10 in speaking, writing and reading, CLB9 in listening. Personally I am happy with their service.
>> When you take either British Council or IDP, they will provide FREE online content and seminars and workshops, and when you attend those, they tend to focus a lot in writing; according to British Council statistically us Filipinos find writing the most difficult. Me personally, I find listening the most challenging simply because it tests not only your English skills but also focusing skills. Then again I have a good affinity for English even when I was young, so take it as it is.
>> As for training: listening and reading is something you can train for yourself, there are a lot of online content available for this, not just sample tests, but podcasts and articles to test your English comprehension. But for speaking and writing, I suggest to have your skills professionally evaluated. I took a few writing and speaking evaluations online, and my recommendation would be to go for ipassielts, they are not the cheapest out there but they are not the most expensive either, and I find their evaluations reasonably priced and very close to my final score. It took me 3 months to prepare for my exam. At the end of the day though, practice is the key.

EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT:
>> I paid for my WES assessment September last year, sent the transcripts in October and got my result in December. There's COVID these days so your mileage may vary.
>> WES has an online assessment tool, so you can preview what would the result be even before you send it. https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/
>> I got my Master's Degree from Mapua, and WES accredited it as a Master's Equivalent in Canada. My Bachelor's Degree from UST was also accredited as Bachelor's Equivalent in Canada. I've checked both with WES by the way even before sending my transcripts, so I'm confident of my evaluation even before the final assessment arrived.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it in the last round of invitations though, my EE profile was created in March, and the cut-off was February. Anyway good luck to us.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
i suggest that thread goes back to ray of hope since most people have not yet got the ita. those who have got ita or have questions regarding documents can use exitsting threads or create new ones.just keep a suggestion so that those of us waiting for ita are not forgotten
We are moving forward not going back . :D

Reactions: Pyruvate1

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I guess IRCC might do a B2B draw as they did in case of CEC specific draws
There is every chance for that
If that happens, cut-off can easily plummet
Fingers crossed for that
Anyone agreeing with my view?

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Our score stands at 467, lost 5 points in April after my husband's birthday. We can still increase it to 470 by giving IELTS again, but we are waiting to see the trend since the virus is in a roll and our city went into full lockdown again. Do you guys think it is better to wait and expect an ITA on this score OR should definitely increase it to 470, otherwise it's a lost cause?

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Our score stands at 467, lost 5 points in April after my husband's birthday. We can still increase it to 470 by giving IELTS again, but we are waiting to see the trend since the virus is in a roll and our city went into full lockdown again. Do you guys think it is better to wait and expect an ITA on this score OR should definitely increase it to 470, otherwise it's a lost cause?
The question you should be asking yourself is: Am I willing to accept that a 470 could come, but a 467 may not? And, by the time you realize that, the 470 might not come again?
If you're willing to accept the risk of not going ahead with you immigration plan because you bet on that, then go ahead.
I can't accept that with my plan, so I continue to try to increase my score, no matter what. Even if there's a B2B draw now, and a following one on July 29th and I get my ITA on that occasion, I will definitely attempt the TCF Canada exam on August, because who knows if I might not get my application rejected and need to reenter the pool all over again in early 2021? What if by that time, CRS criteria has changed entirely, and I might not even qualify for not having enough french? Who knows? I'm not playing around with my plan, and will do whatever is at my reach to increase my score, until the day I receive my PPR/COPR.
I don't want to be rude, but... man, this is your lifeplan! Are you really willing to trust it based on the pieces of advice of random people on a forum?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
They always said 6 months, but as matter of fact, in accordance with the 2019 EE Report published by IRCC this month, last year the average processing time for FSWs was 9 months! Even for CECs it took on average 7 months! The report itself even says: "
In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months"

I'm just not sure if these 9 months refers from the time between AOR and COPR, or AOR and PPR.
That's true. I wonder what the determinants are for whether an individual's application is processed under, matching, or beyond the average time. Maybe if the application is more complicated (more things to check), or if something is incorrect, or documents are still pending. Those are my assumptions for why there'd be delays. I'm happy to say I have an airtight, straightforward application, so hopefully mine doesn't take too long.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
That's true. I wonder what the determinants are for whether an individual's application is processed under, matching, or beyond the average time. Maybe if the application is more complicated (more things to check), or if something is incorrect, or documents are still pending. Those are my assumptions for why there'd be delays. I'm happy to say I have an airtight, straightforward application, so hopefully mine doesn't take too long.
I wonder the same. Like, does they prioritize people with higher scores? with children? people in NOCs that have shortages?

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I guess IRCC might do a B2B draw as they did in case of CEC specific draws
There is every chance for that
If that happens, cut-off can easily plummet
Fingers crossed for that
Anyone agreeing with my view?
if they have b2b then it will for sure.. but since now many coutnries are entering lockdown again is it possible they switch back to cec draws?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I wonder the same. Like, does they prioritize people with higher scores? with children? people in NOCs that have shortages?
I doubt it's any of those things. I wouldn't be surprised if they just do them in order of whomever applied first.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
What city is this mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.