Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello, I have a question on proof of funds. I have see other posts about this. But I am still confused.

After ITA, do we have to submit 6 month statements of my credit cards ? Or for credit card balance at the time of the application is enough. I high credit card balance. So worrying about sending 6 statements.

Thanks
You need 6 months. From what others here have said, IRCC wants an end-of-month balances for all accounts (including amount owed on your credit card) for 6 months leading up to when you apply. That needs to be on that official bank letterhead, with stamps, from a branch. I got that today. I also included 6 months' of statements, just to be safe. Hope that makes sense!

rajatmb04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi Admins,

I finally received ITA today, however, there are a few queries so please help me out:

Just to give my background I moved from India to Canada for studies and then started working here. I have another 44 days to go to complete my 1 year of Canadian work experience. I created my EE profile under FSW in March 2020 since I had work experience of over 5+ years back in India and my CRS score was at 480.

Clearly I should have received FSW ITA this draw (yesterday). However, I got the ITA under the CEC category. I did declare my Canadian work experience in my work history but I still have 44 days to go to complete a year at work.

Few points to note- my profile is already updated with 40pts towards Canadian experience on July 1st. Is that okay?

Can I accept this invite now or wait till I officially finish 1 year and then accept (within 90 days I need to accept or decline ITA) or decline the invite for now and wait for the next draw?

If I proceed with the current invite, will my profile will be assessed by CIC based on Foreign experience or Canadian experience? I didn't edit my EE profile since the time of creation.

Please advise
You can accept the Invite after 45 days or after few days just to be on the safer side, no need to reject it as you would have 2 months to submit the documents

rare.human

Sep 12, 2017
Hope someone remember my post
There will be B2B next week...those in 471 be ready
Hey dude, hopefully there will be one. Let's say it's on the 16th, but what makes you say it will be in the range of 471, and not 475? Given the number of people, and their ranks in the pool, it seems like it would be able 474/475.

Can you please help analyse this? It will be great if it's 471 though.

Reactions: Sicilian

student888

Jun 13, 2019
I’m a little confused as to why people seem so averse to going for a PNP over EE. Given it’s in the province you’re planning to settle in anyway, isn’t having a PNP way better than having to wait in the EE pool if your score isn’t like 475+ or something? I’d assume most people who are planning/hoping to move to Canada have plans of where they wanna live and work before they go there anyway so why does it seem like people much prefer EE over PNP? Why not just try for a PNP in the province you wanna go to?

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Hey dude, hopefully there will be one. Let's say it's on the 16th, but what makes you say it will be in the range of 471, and not 475? Given the number of people, and their ranks in the pool, it seems like it would be able 474/475.

What if the greatest proportion of candidates in 471 to 480 are those with 471? We never can tell as we dont have thr exact breakdown of the different scores

Reactions: rare.human

ns317

Aug 29, 2019

Because only some 500 odd people are likely to join the pool with points greater than 470 if the gap is only one week. With some 3,500 already in the pool from 470-478, and this extra 500, it’s likely that the score will drop to 471 or 472 if we see a draw in the coming week.

If it’s the usual schedule, it’s likelier to be 473-476, depending on the density at each level. But unless things change dramatically in terms of inflow of candidates, 471-472 is still very reasonable for the draw after that in early August.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Oh absolutely! I am so glad I got all my documents sorted before receiving an ITA. Even if some are out of date and you have to get newer versions, that's better than having to source everything for the first time only after receiving an ITA. Even outside of a pandemic. Get as much sorted as you can now, to be prepared. Then you can submit a speedy application, like I did. :D
I am at 478 points, but did not get the invite as I missed out on the February cut off. Am I missing any document:
-Medical exams (plan to do that one after I receive the ITA)
-Proof of funds: what exactly do I need to submit? I have a US based checking account with enough money to meet the requirements.
-Police cerificate: As a mexican living in México, I need to wait to get ITA as getting a Federal PCC is not as easy. I lived in the US for a couple years, and moved out May 5, I got a PCC a few days before leaving (April 30). Do I need to get a new one, or would this one works. Has anyone tried to get a PCC from the USA while abroad?
-Exprience reference letter: I worked in a company for 6+ years, but because I am no longer with them, I am having issues to get that with their signature. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
I’m a little confused as to why people seem so averse to going for a PNP over EE. Given it’s in the province you’re planning to settle in anyway, isn’t having a PNP way better than having to wait in the EE pool if your score isn’t like 475+ or something? I’d assume most people who are planning/hoping to move to Canada have plans of where they wanna live and work before they go there anyway so why does it seem like people much prefer EE over PNP? Why not just try for a PNP in the province you wanna go to?
There is nothing wrong with going for PNP. But it is not as easy to get a nomination from the province as many people believe. In fact, tbh I really am not sure on how to make it without a job offer in any province. Having a job offer is an altogether different story and a struggle in itself, trust me with all this waiting time for so long, there are people with scores over 470 willing to grab a PNP as well.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Firstly, I'm very sorry you missed getting an ITA in that way. I understand it must be frustrating, but know that you have a fantastic CRS, and I hope that you get an ITA in the next general draw. :)
  1. You might wanna go ahead and make that medical appointment right now. You might find you have to wait long to go, and that would delay your application. You can specify you're going for "upfront medicals" and ask for the eMedical form with your UMI number on it when you leave the doctor's office. The medicals are valid for 12 months. Don't eat into your 90 days by trying to get a medical appointment during a pandemic.
  2. Great. Then you need to click this link, and make sure you get an official letter from the bank branch, on their letterhead, with stamps, that details the end-of-month balance of all your accounts (check, debit, savings, credit) for the 6 months leading up to when you get your ITA. If you want to, you can also submit statements for 6 months for those (but they need to be printed and stamped by a bank employee, not downloaded online or retrieved from an ATM). Get the proof of funds when you get an ITA. Here you go: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html.
  3. Your PCCs are valid for 6 months. If you get an ITA soon, your US one will be fine, as it only expires in October based on what you're saying. The Mexican one you'll just need to apply for immediately once you get your ITA. If you can use the assistance of a private company to speed up that process, go for it. Might be worth it, even if it costs you something.
  4. Is that company the main one you are relying on to get your work experience points? 6 years is a long time - you want a reference from them. Bear in mind it does not need to be signed by your manager/supervisor. It can be signed by someone from human resources (HR). That is what happened with my reference letter. Follow this link, and print out the requirements for your employer. It needs to have everything IRCC wants to see, otherwise you will have problems after applying. Scroll down to "proof of work experience" on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s03.
Let me know if you need any other help!

Reactions: hhzara and Sharanm7

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
You need 6 months. From what others here have said, IRCC wants an end-of-month balances for all accounts (including amount owed on your credit card) for 6 months leading up to when you apply. That needs to be on that official bank letterhead, with stamps, from a branch. I got that today. I also included 6 months' of statements, just to be safe. Hope that makes sense!
Hey first of all congratz on receiving your ita.
My question is I applied in September 2019 but due to less crs score never got ITA, now the Crs is above 470 so hoping for receiving it soon.
So for bank statement, I have to show from last year sept till date or last six months?
That is Feb-July?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey first of all congratz on receiving your ita.
My question is I applied in September 2019 but due to less crs score never got ITA, now the Crs is above 470 so hoping for receiving it soon.
So for bank statement, I have to show from last year sept till date or last six months?
That is Feb-July?
Thank you! :)

It needs to be the most recent 6 months. So, what I would do is get all your other documents now already. Then, once you receive an ITA, go immediately to your local bank branch and get the proof of funds letter for the past 6 months leading up to the day you received the ITA.

Reactions: Yumna

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
I am at 478 points, but did not get the invite as I missed out on the February cut off. Am I missing any document:
-Medical exams (plan to do that one after I receive the ITA)
-Proof of funds: what exactly do I need to submit? I have a US based checking account with enough money to meet the requirements.
-Police cerificate: As a mexican living in México, I need to wait to get ITA as getting a Federal PCC is not as easy. I lived in the US for a couple years, and moved out May 5, I got a PCC a few days before leaving (April 30). Do I need to get a new one, or would this one works. Has anyone tried to get a PCC from the USA while abroad?
-Exprience reference letter: I worked in a company for 6+ years, but because I am no longer with them, I am having issues to get that with their signature. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
For the PCC of US, I believe it has to be issued after your last 6 months stay in US ... for more safety I think better to check if you can get another one.
see this paragraph from CIC page :

• For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
more details on this link .....

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Status
Not open for further replies.