+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hey, I have a question. My husband is the primary applicant and I am starting to gather all the documents for post ITA process. My question is, what is the process for me as a spouse in terms of Showing Work related Documents? Do I have to collect all the references for 5 years? I was working in a company which had different business units in it and I jumped through different business units within1-2 years, how do I show that? (Keeping in mind one of those companies had shut down two years back :| )

mushthaq33

Jun 24, 2020
Hey, I have a question. My husband is the primary applicant and I am starting to gather all the documents for post ITA process. My question is, what is the process for me as a spouse in terms of Showing Work related Documents? Do I have to collect all the references for 5 years? I was working in a company which had different business units in it and I jumped through different business units within1-2 years, how do I show that? (Keeping in mind one of those companies had shut down two years back :| )
If you don't have Canadian experience better not mention the work experience in the profile as no points will be given for spouse's foreign work experience, rather mention it in the personal history post ITA. By doing this you will not need work related documents for spouse. That is what we are doing for our profile.

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
If you don't have Canadian experience better not mention the work experience in the profile as no points will be given for spouse's foreign work experience, rather mention it in the personal history post ITA. By doing this you will not need work related documents for spouse. That is what we are doing for our profile.
Thanks a lot, really appreciate! :)

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Could I ask if there are any other documents besides the letter of employment that need providing to IRCC? The letter of employment will be provided by my direct manager and will consist of all IRCC is requiring

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Do I need to upload other documents like my contract (I doubt I have it anyway because I joined the company 8 years ago), payslips,...?
I could obtain another letter of employment provided by the HR department. However, this letter will not be specific about my job descriptions and responsibilities.

I have been promoted twice while working int this company. As a result, I have been through 3 different NOCs including the current one. Do I need to include any promotion letters regarding this information? The letter of employment from my manager will definitely mention this.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
It will be fine. You can get it now, in advance, like I did. If you already have enough weeks of full-time employment to get your CRS by getting the letter now, then that is what IRCC will want proof of. If you don't need any extra points that would come from getting a new letter right before you apply, there is no point in getting an updated letter. My reference letter is dated March 2020. I didn't get a new one now, after my ITA, because with that letter, I already have over 3 years of proven experience. :)
Hey, this is kind of my dilemma as well right now, except it has been 10 months since I got my letter. Can you take a look at this post and give me your view please?

Guys, can someone help me regarding employer’s letter? I got one in September 2019 from my manager which shows my work experience of over 8 years in the company and in the same NOC. So theoretically it should be enough for the application.

Is there any reason I should get an updated one if I get an ITA in early August? I’d rather not ask this person for another letter if this one would suffice.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Could I ask if there are any other documents besides the letter of employment that need providing to IRCC? The letter of employment will be provided by my direct manager and will consist of all IRCC is requiring

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Do I need to upload other documents like my contract (I doubt I have it anyway because I joined the company 8 years ago), payslips,...?
I could obtain another letter of employment provided by the HR department. However, this letter will not be specific about my job descriptions and responsibilities.

I have been promoted twice while working int this company. As a result, I have been through 3 different NOCs including the current one. Do I need to include any promotion letters regarding this information? The letter of employment from my manager will definitely mention this.
You need only the main letter for proof of work experience, listing the responsibilities for the job you are claiming CRS points for.
Hey, this is kind of my dilemma as well right now, except it has been 10 months since I got my letter. Can you take a look at this post and give me your view please?
To my knowledge, the proof of work experience letters do not expire. If you already have enough CRS points for work experience from the one you already have, I don't see any reason to ask for an updated one.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
To my knowledge, the proof of work experience letters do not expire. If you already have enough CRS points for work experience from the one you already have, I don't see any reason to ask for an updated one.
Brilliant, thanks for the feedback!

EricD

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello EricD, thank you for your response. :) I really appreciate it.
What is "post-secondary education credential"? Is it the same with Master's Degree?
Yes, BC Tech Pilot is also a points-based PNP.
It can be any type of post-secondary credential such as diploma, university degree, etc.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Pleasure!
I also have a query regarding employment experience letter. I had plans for Canadian immigration for some time and hence I got my experience letter on the IRCC guidelines in late 2018. It meets all the IRCC requirements. I was wondering, would I be needing to get an updated letter of employment in case I receive ITA?

student888

Jun 13, 2019
There is nothing wrong with going for PNP. But it is not as easy to get a nomination from the province as many people believe. In fact, tbh I really am not sure on how to make it without a job offer in any province. Having a job offer is an altogether different story and a struggle in itself, trust me with all this waiting time for so long, there are people with scores over 470 willing to grab a PNP as well.
Oh I see! I was confused because there were several members on this thread with scores around 469-470 who said they had received OINP but because the FSW draws had started again they were wanting to wait and see if they’d get an ITA from FSW stream instead. In such a case I wonder what difference does it make since having and OINP will guarantee an ITA anyway...

Do you really need a job offer to receive a PNP nom? The OINP page at least says that you don’t need to have a job offer.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I also have a query regarding employment experience letter. I had plans for Canadian immigration for some time and hence I got my experience letter on the IRCC guidelines in late 2018. It meets all the IRCC requirements. I was wondering, would I be needing to get an updated letter of employment in case I receive ITA?
Is it a current or past employment?

If you are still working in the same workplace, you will need a recent reference letter but if you stopped working there since 2018, you don't need to get a new one. IRCC would contact the employer to verify your claims if they have any doubt.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Is it a current or past employment?

If you are still working in the same workplace, you will need a recent reference letter but if you stopped working there since 2018, you don't need to get a new one. IRCC would contact the employer to verify your claims if they have any doubt.
Does the letter need to be updated if the employer is the current one?
When I left my position as Maintenance Engineer, I asked for the letter from my previous boss. Now, I'm working as a Quality Assurance Manager, but my superior is one of the Directors of the company. If I ask him for a letter, I would certainly raise flags that I definitely do not want to do right now.
Since the job position has changed, do you think I would need an updated letter (even though I'm not adding my new, Quality Assurance Manager, position on my Express Entry profile)?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Does the letter need to be updated if the employer is the current one?
When I left my position as Maintenance Engineer, I asked for the letter from my previous boss. Now, I'm working as a Quality Assurance Manager, but my superior is one of the Directors of the company. If I ask him for a letter, I would certainly raise flags that I definitely do not want to do right now.
Since the job position has changed, do you think I would need an updated letter (even though I'm not adding my new, Quality Assurance Manager, position on my Express Entry profile)?
Yes, you need to update it. They won't accept anything that is older than 6months from the date of submission. For past employment, there's no expiry date and if IRCC need to verify, they will reach out to whatever contact they avail on the letter or even visit your office.

Status
Not open for further replies.